Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd vs LCFC - 19/02/2023 - Match Thread

This is so frustrating. We've had about 20 very promising situations and we just don't seem to want to make brave decisions to get in the box.

Obviously a few good saves but we should be creating a lot more from the positions we find ourselves in in United final 3rd

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Shame that because we are playing very well and have just been held by some great saves.

I guess this is what happens when you don't take your chances though. Possession means naff all to the league table.

Don't see the anger towards Ward. On form Rashford is slotting that away all day long, doesn't matter who's in goal.

Naaaaaah. Right footer coming from the right, 50-50 chance…Ward did nothing to make it difficult for Rashford. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'll be honest, I care far more about how we react to this than the actual result. 

Bit of a free hit this, if we lose we lose. 

But I want to see us keep up our confidence and energy levels and just not let it get to us. If we do and still lose then eh. Still a positive sign for the rest of the season. 

This squad's confidence has been so fragile the last 18 months just don't let it burst if we lose this. 

I think winning the Spurs game has taken some pressure off of this and Arsenal, so like you say a continued good performance would be nice.

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'll be honest, I care far more about how we react to this than the actual result. 

Bit of a free hit this, if we lose we lose. 

But I want to see us keep up our confidence and energy levels and just not let it get to us. If we do and still lose then eh. Still a positive sign for the rest of the season. 

This squad's confidence has been so fragile the last 18 months just don't let it burst if we lose this. 

This. The team looks happier but it is fragile as you say. Need to still keep creating chances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

How are people getting on Ward? Not every goal will be his fault, even if he is quite poor lol lol

If the ball had gone anywhere near the far post then this is a fair point. As it is ward was out of position, didn't close down and the finish was a blast in the middle of the goal.

Any other prem keeper saves that I reckon.

• Like 3