Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd vs LCFC - 19/02/2023 - Match Thread

1 minute ago, kenny said:

If the ball had gone anywhere near the far post then this is a fair point. As it is ward was out of position, didn't close down and the finish was a blast in the middle of the goal.

Any other prem keeper saves that I reckon.

I think it’s really harsh criticising Ward for that. Even Souttar. The side was let down twice by Faes. Really poor both times from him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Naaaaaah. Right footer coming from the right, 50-50 chance…Ward did nothing to make it difficult for Rashford. 

Difference of opinion then I am afraid because on form Rashford isn't missing that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Shame that because we are playing very well and have just been held by some great saves.

I guess this is what happens when you don't take your chances though. Possession means naff all to the league table.

Don't see the anger towards Ward. On form Rashford is slotting that away all day long, doesn't matter who's in goal.

Anyone that has played in goal will

understand that the you have a couple of options if you’re Ward. 

Close Rashford down, like Ederson would. 

Back track but narrow the angle.

Ward choose option three, which was marking his near post, leaving a gaping hole at the far post for Rashford to aim at. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Punished for a poor pass.

But the difference between the side is a good keeper.

Completely disagree. De Gea is very good, but Ward wouldn't have been expected to do anything with Rashfords shot. Faes played a crap pass then steeped up leaving space so he's to blame not the keeper.