Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd vs LCFC - 19/02/2023 - Match Thread

Loved that period when we were playing it about, and having shots.

If we lost this 1-0, you couldn't complain we hadn't had a bloody good go.  It says something that the TV is talking about De Gea as they come off.

As it is, if we get an equaliser, you wouldn't bet against us going on and winning it.

COYB

:scarf:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Ward makes himself so small

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

Ward is not good and shouldn't be our first choice but that goal isn't his fault.

On balance, both comments correct. He is not entitled to save that but he could have made rashford’s job a little more difficult 

17 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

disagree... almost perfectly positioned, 

pretty much - yes 

17 minutes ago, Sly said:

Anyone that has played in goal will

understand that the you have a couple of options if you’re Ward. 

Close Rashford down, like Ederson would. 

Back track but narrow the angle.

Ward choose option three, which was marking his near post, leaving a gaping hole at the far post for Rashford to aim at. 

he wasn’t badly positioned but his weight is not forwards so he cannot push right or left to save it - he just falls over backwards 

that’s pretty much my only criticism of his keeping for the goal 

Compare and contrast: time spent checking studs up knee high tackle by Sabitzer - 2 second VAR chek, not a "foul".

Couple of seasons back - Man Utd vs Leicester, live on Sky Sports, constantly billed as a "must win" game for United as Sky slobber all over them like usual. Narrative busting winning goal for Leicester - forensic VAR check for several minutes of zooming and freeze framing until they decide there is a "foul" on the United defender and it has to be ruled out. Some animals are just more equal than others I guess, esepcially if it's a big fat Man Utd money pig gorging itself on a trough of big 6 money being shoveled into its greedy maw by the PGMOL.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

how the **** did that challenge on Faes not even get a yellow, yet faes gets one for that challenge on bruno

like come on

I actually hate how if that is the other way round Leicester player gets sent off its ****ing disgusting god i hate man u and all there glory supporters  they are average at best with a few top class players

• Like 1

We play well at times fantastic stuff, unfortunately Wout had a bit of a brainfart and Ward and de Gea worlds apart in class. That goal took a a bit of wind from us but we're still in it.

Still fuming at that Sabitzer stomp on Faes that could break his leg. The fact that it happened after the ref decided to stop the play doesnt matter, it should be reviewed by VAR and that's an obvious red for me. I reckon if Wout had his leg broken the ref would maybe hesitantly show a yellow... These refs are a bunch of bent spineless *****

We've played well so far. We've made a couple of mistakes and paid for one, but there's nothing new there. But this is a far cry from the majority of the first half of the season where you were worried the opposition would score with each possession and even on your own corners!

At least now there's confidence we're still capable of turning it around.

I'm fairly confident we win this. 2 bits of advice for the lads.

1) It's fine to get in the box and actively try to make stuff happen

2) You're allowed to sprint once we turn the ball over, in fact it's an ideal to offer the player on the ball an option that won't kill the move.

We should have the physical edge and we will clearly get the ball in their 3rd, so it's a case of how much we want it.