Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd vs LCFC - 19/02/2023 - Match Thread

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Corruption.

FpVuTe3XgAMYMSg?format=jpg&name=medium

Saw the same. Done for today cant handle how angry this makes me after the good vibes of feeling like we're turning the corner. Makes me sick to look at the decisions this ref has made today. Not the first time.

• Like 2

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Even if it is corruption, United still have to score. The ref hasn't told us to position ourselves like league 2 players and allow united to walk through us constantly?
The players need to take some blame regardless of corruption. 

The game changed with decisions. We should be playing 10 men....

Mendy nowhere near a booking and it stopped him getting stuck in.  Sabitzer has consistantly fouled knowing he won't get booked.  Its absolutely changed the momentum of the game. Yes Rashfords first goal but the 2nd and 3rd would not happen if decisions had been made consistantly and fairly.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bongo92 said:

How is this match today Rodger’s fault? Selection was good, and did you watch the first 45 minutes? I’m all for criticising any player / manager if it’s due, but are you deluded?

I watched us play ok first half, but as per usual, we concede one and look like conceding a bucket full… that is a ridges hallmark 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Weird isn't it. 

Tielemans looks shocking already. Like he's struggling to get used to the pace of the game. 

Soumare just struggles with pace anyway lol

He really doesn’t help himself with these decisions sometimes. Those are subs you make at 2-0 up and in control. 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This, far too many blue tinted spectacles looking for blame. The ref has been shit, and we should be playing 10 men, but the facts remain United have taken their chances, opened us up far too easily, and we have squandered great chances to change the outcome of this game. 

There’s blue tinted specs, and there’s corruption.

This is the latter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yes I have. When Rashford is through on goal how many keepers would save it? The striker is going be favourite most times. The poor defending and VAR decisions are far worse then Ward.

Rashford literally kicks it straight through him. He almost turns his back. It was woeful goalkeeping. 

Our last goalkeeper literally made a career out of saving exactly those sorts of chances. 

Rashford puts both his goals near the keeper today. Kasper probably saved them both. It's harsh for Ward to have to replace probably the best keeper we've had in most of our lifetimes but that's the reality. The first one I can kinda forgive, I accept that Kasper was a genuinely elite shot stopper. But I'd expect most Premier League keepers to save that second Rashford goal. It was a poor finish. 

• Like 4