Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd vs LCFC - 19/02/2023 - Match Thread

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

To be fair to that image, whoever captured it, hats off to them.  This image was shown for all of 0.2 seconds.  Total joke and corruption at the highest level of the game continues.

It is clearly a line drawn at an angle, you just need to use the pitch lines to see it 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

The game changed with decisions. We should be playing 10 men....

Mendy nowhere near a booking and it stopped him getting stuck in.  Sabitzer has consistantly fouled knowing he won't get booked.  Its absolutely changed the momentum of the game. Yes Rashfords first goal but the 2nd and 3rd would not happen if decisions had been made consistantly and fairly.

Of course the game changes with 10 men, the game would change if we replayed it again now. There's no evidence to suggest we would be winning against 10 men. The fact is it's not 10 men, it's 11 due to what looks like corruption, but that's not the reason we are losing 3-0. We are losing 3-0 because we are not good enough. 

I completely understand your position, and I somewhat agree with it, but my point is that there are so many microdecisions player make during an attack or defensive phase, hundreds of decisions from where a player angles their body, to the position on the pitch. 
1 wrong decision during a phase of play is an easy excuse to ignore the 10+ mistakes we made leading up to it. We deserve to lose today. Cracking 1st half, horrendous 2nd. 

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

The VAR was bad but I'm still fuming at the injustice of the ref giving Mendy a yellow for a challenge that wasn't even a foul.

And that ball was fookin OUT.

that yellow was the most I've ever been convinced that premier league referees are doing spot fixing. there is literally no way any referee actually sees that as a foul let alone a booking 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Ignoring this second half and focus on the outrageous injustice of the first, cannot blame anyone who’s head drops after seeing this refereeing. It really is no longer a sport.

Its just weak mentality throughout the squad. Any sign of adversity they crumble and go into hiding. They’d sooner the match be over than get stuck in. 

Its a mentality that is set at the top.

• Like 1

Just now, trabuch said:

I hope this doesn't shatter our confidence.

Don’t see why it should, it’s hard playing 12 men. Could use it to form a siege mentality. If I were Rodgers I’d be going all guns blazing post match, try to rack up as many fines as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Plenty have been just as bad and will keep their place. It will be interesting to see what Rodgers does. I’d have money on him banishing Kel for the next 5 games…

Agree that Maddison and Tete have been just as poor but I've seen this performance from Iheanacho so many times. He's the type of player who seems to get better in the minds of people when he's on the bench