Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Not the case on offsides. It’s either onside or offside.

So unlike the Sabitzer non red card, you can’t claim clear and obvious error as a reason not to give the goal 

The technology isn’t there to determine this, until there is a system which records all players at live time and the football when it’s been kicked then it’s still subjective. The line on Faes looks like it’s been tagged on the outside of his elbow! Until there is a machine which exactly pinpoints where the correct lines are drawn I think they should go with the on-field decisions and only overturn the ones where is clear they are offside to the naked eye, a clear and obvious decision.

Weve been so fvcked by VAR and lack of this season!

• Like 1

Just now, jmono84 said:

The technology isn’t there to determine this, until there is a system which records all players at live time and the football when it’s been kicked then it’s still subjective. The line on Faes looks like it’s been tagged on the outside of his elbow! Until there is a machine which exactly pinpoints where the correct lines are drawn I think they should go with the on-field decisions and only overturn the ones where is clear they are offside to the naked eye, a clear and obvious decision.

There is but the premier league won’t introduce it part way through the season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

All this talk of VAR is bollocks. Had we taken our chances early on the game would have probably panned out completely differently.

This is the crux of it, they took their chances we didn't, if that VAR led to the only goal I could understand the dissapointment, but they deserved the win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't really get the whinging about the second goal. It's a borderline decision, sometimes a toe is offside, sometimes it isn't, but we've been screaming for close calls like that to go in favour of the strikers all season. 

Last week the line for Dier wasn’t taken from his outer arm. The line was taken from his armpit to his knee. This week it was Faes outer arm. That’s why I’m frustrated. 

C821B067-EFFC-4222-90E9-DC59EA49CF38.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

All this talk of VAR is bollocks. Had we taken our chances early on the game would have probably panned out completely differently.

Had sabitzer been rightly sent off, the game would definitely have panned out differently. That and many other shit decisions had a massive impact on our performance in the 2nd half. When everything's against you including the referee, heads are bound to drop

• Like 2

We missed a 30min window where ManYoo were there for the taking. Worldies from De Gea and poor finishing from us. 

Rashford/Fernandes then figured out we were playing too high a line and started pinging through balls to runners. 

Sabitzer should probably have been sent off. 

Second was more offside than barnes was last week.

Manyoo deserved to win

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

This is the crux of it, they took their chances we didn't, if that VAR led to the only goal I could understand the dissapointment, but they deserved the win.

Did they fcuk. You sound like the biased media that always harp on about how fantastic the "top six" are when in actual fact we outplayed them for much of that game and would probably have beaten them if the ref had the bollocks to review  sabitzers challenge on Faes and quite rightly sent him off. You're playing 12 men at Old Trafford and always have done. Get a fcuking grip, nothing changes. One ref was demoted last week because of bad decisions. If todays wankre is still officiating in the premiership next week it goes to prove how rotten to the core this fcuking game is from FIFA, uefa, fa and below

• Like 2

I actually agreed with both VAR decisions. I didn't think Sabitzers was a red and Rashford, regardless of lines I'm happy for their to be benefit of the doubt for attackers when it's so close. Offside was introduced to prevent players from goal hanging, it wasn't brought in to prevent someone from behind offside because their armpit is 1mm over the line.

The frustrating thing is that we have been on the other end of the these things and haven't been so fortunate. Perez v West Ham was an incredibly harsh red card in my opinion and a similar type of thing. If Faes goes down screaming or our players kick off then a bigger deal would have been made of it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

Did they fcuk. You sound like the biased media that always harp on about how fantastic the "top six" are when in actual fact we outplayed them for much of that game and would probably have beaten them if the ref had the bollocks to review  sabitzers challenge on Faes and quite rightly sent him off. You're playing 12 men at Old Trafford and always have done. Get a fcuking grip, nothing changes. One ref was demoted last week because of bad decisions. If todays wankre is still officiating in the premiership next week it goes to prove how rotten to the core this fcuking game is from FIFA, uefa, fa and below

Outplayed them for much of the game? lol

You must have turned off after 30 minutes lad.

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

If you read the BBC report (and others), the performance of the ref and the shocking VAR decisions aren't even mentioned, like it never happened. Instead, super Man United blew away little Leicester with ease and that's the end of the story. Joke.

Oh, for sure.

BBC Sport, and some of their reporters like Phil McNulty, are firm supporters of the Manchester clubs..

• Like 1

Scimmed through some comments but this is my overall view.. first off United have the most weirdest, touristy, pukish fans in the premier league. Plenty of half and half scarves today and the famous stretford end had gone from an end to a little corner with rail seating. Their famous atmosphere was abysmal today and when they scored they couldn’t wait to sit down again. 

it was a game of two halves, completely against the run of play rashford scored and Leicester could have been 2-0 up by then. Played well first half, wanted it more and have to say the away end in the first half was decent. Even at 1 down still in with a chance. Var done everything they could to spoil the game and at 2-0 and quickly 3-0 it was game over, heads dropped, turned lazy. I said to my mate that I hope tete ain’t a one game hero. Done great at villa, struggled a bit for spurs and today?? He made some decent runs but his delivery needs to be earlier and a number of chances he maybe could have squared rather than going for goal. 

Desperately need a new keeper.

Then I thought the away end turned a bit non league with left side right side and we’ve got and lost the ball.. funniest moment was watching this bloke storm down the stairs and out (I can only assume it was after the sancho and rashford let the country down chant) to which he was nearly crying saying rashford is an amazing player lol obviously can’t take the banter.. 

overall a disappointing day at the office and go again next week.. tough but then 6 points At Southampton and Chelsea home :scarf:

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I actually agreed with both VAR decisions. I didn't think Sabitzers was a red and Rashford, regardless of lines I'm happy for their to be benefit of the doubt for attackers when it's so close. Offside was introduced to prevent players from goal hanging, it wasn't brought in to prevent someone from behind offside because their armpit is 1mm over the line.

The frustrating thing is that we have been on the other end of the these things and haven't been so fortunate. Perez v West Ham was an incredibly harsh red card in my opinion and a similar type of thing. If Faes goes down screaming or our players kick off then a bigger deal would have been made of it. 

There was an incident in the West Ham match where Antonio went in studs up, got the ball, never touched Kane but still got a yellow. Kane held his shin for a while.

I don't encourage players writhing around whilst evidently not seriously injured but when you see tackles like Sabitizer's not even get a caution you understand why they do it.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

There was an incident in the West Ham match where Antonio went in studs up, got the ball, never touched Kane but still got a yellow. Kane held his shin for a while.

I don't encourage players writhing around whilst evidently not seriously injured but when you see tackles like Sabitizer's not even get a caution you understand why they do it.

Indeed. Top flight refereeing in this country is the absolute pits. They make decisions based on reactions to incidents rather than the incidents themselves. I don't rate any refs at all. None of them apply the laws of the game, they all just think they're conductors. Fernandes wiped Mendy out early doors today, cynical foul and the most blatant yellow you'll see. Not interested in giving the yellow at all.

Edited by filbertway

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Outplayed them for much of the game? lol

You must have turned off after 30 minutes lad.

What game were you watching in the 1st half then DAD. We should've been at least 2-0 up until that excuse of a referee decided to ignore the potential leg breaking challenge on Faes.we'ed have pissed a 10 man manure in the 2nd half. 

42 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Agreed but the PGMOL doesn’t believe that. 

2 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

What game were you watching in the 1st half then DAD. We should've been at least 2-0 up until that excuse of a referee decided to ignore the potential leg breaking challenge on Faes.we'ed have pissed a 10 man manure in the 2nd half. 

I agree, we had a good first 30 minutes. Then inexplicably, we let United roll all over us. 

Definitely could have been a different story, but it doesn't excuse the absolutely embarrassing falling apart we did after that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I seriously think you need to get your eyes tested. Sabitzer challenge wasn't a red card??? WTF. Are you a plastic manure fan from Leicester?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

He put pissing Soumare out there. Game was over as soon as he came on with Youri.

Soumare really is crap at football. Maybe league 2 he would be ok but he offeres genuinely nothing at this level. He’s lazy, he’s not strong, he doesn’t contest the ball, and he can’t pass.

• Haha 1

It’s funny how one defeat happens and suddenly we’re shit again. 

United are still a good team, I don’t think they played well, but they’ve got a system that works with players than can make a difference. They only started to look ‘free flowing’, when we were 3-0 down….. we score first and the game could have been different. 

Second half was frustrating…. The second goal just killed us, and we never recovered. Me made sloppy mistakes and got punished for it. 

Three games ago we all came on here fearing the worst… but we beat Villa and took Spurs to the cleaners. Home game next V the Arse, could pose a massive opportunity for us. They didn’t look great against Villa, so there is an opportunity there I think. 

We will be fine, we will have blips like today especially against teams at the top end of the table. I still feel a mega run on the way, and Tete will be the redeemer. I can feel it when I piss. 

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

I seriously think you need to get your eyes tested. Sabitzer challenge wasn't a red card??? WTF. Are you a plastic manure fan from Leicester?

Much like I didn't think this one was a red

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12389353/was-perez-red-card-correct-decision

Like I say though. It's the inconsistency that's most annoying