Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

23 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I actually agreed with both VAR decisions. I didn't think Sabitzers was a red and Rashford, regardless of lines I'm happy for their to be benefit of the doubt for attackers when it's so close. Offside was introduced to prevent players from goal hanging, it wasn't brought in to prevent someone from behind offside because their armpit is 1mm over the line.

The frustrating thing is that we have been on the other end of the these things and haven't been so fortunate. Perez v West Ham was an incredibly harsh red card in my opinion and a similar type of thing. If Faes goes down screaming or our players kick off then a bigger deal would have been made of it. 

forest fan?

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s funny how one defeat happens and suddenly we’re shit again. 

United are still a good team, I don’t think they played well, but they’ve got a system that works with players than can make a difference. They only started to look ‘free flowing’, when we were 3-0 down….. we score first and the game could have been different. 

Second half was frustrating…. The second goal just killed us, and we never recovered. Me made sloppy mistakes and got punished for it. 

Three games ago we all came on here fearing the worst… but we beat Villa and took Spurs to the cleaners. Home game next V the Arse, could pose a massive opportunity for us. They didn’t look great against Villa, so there is an opportunity there I think. 

We will be fine, we will have blips like today especially against teams at the top end of the table. I still feel a mega run on the way, and Tete will be the redeemer. I can feel it when I piss. 

Win and we're world beaters, lose and we're getting relegated :D

• Haha 1

Just now, don_danbury said:

forest fan?

Nah, I just don't think accidentally catching a player is deserving of a red. Souness seemed convinved that he's gone in to hurt Faes, yet he's not really put any effort into it. Looks more like he's trying to get to the ball to me.

It should be a red based on how refs have punished similar things before. Just my opinion, those types of reds are very harsh.

I know a lot of you will roll your eyes at the mention of xG, but Man United's xG of 4.5 for today's game was the highest of any team in a single game so far in this season's PL. We got repeatedly torn to shreds today outside of that good 20 minute spell in the first half. We're still a shambles at the back and the midfield isn't doing enough to protect them either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

As I’ve said further up the thread, we’d still have lost 2-0 regardless so it would only have been a dealbreaker if we’d managed to score 2 goals. We didn’t. 

...not sure that is how it works!!!

At one nil down we are pretty much in the game, a change by Rodgers to use the space they were leaving at the back, could have seen another kind of game being played out.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Nah, I just don't think accidentally catching a player is deserving of a red. Souness seemed convinved that he's gone in to hurt Faes, yet he's not really put any effort into it. Looks more like he's trying to get to the ball to me.

It should be a red based on how refs have punished similar things before. Just my opinion, those types of reds are very harsh.

Not even a yellow was given.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I know a lot of you will roll your eyes at the mention of xG, but Man United's xG of 4.5 for today's game was the highest of any team in a single game so far in this season's PL. We got repeatedly torn to shreds today outside of that good 20 minute spell in the first half. We're still a shambles at the back and the midfield isn't doing enough to protect them either.

Soumare stood there watching Wan Bissaka pass the ball and run into acres of space in our half, before doing the most half arse jog I've ever seen will forever be seared into my memory lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Much like I didn't think this one was a red

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12389353/was-perez-red-card-correct-decision

Like I say though. It's the inconsistency that's most annoying

There's no comparison with that challenge and sabitzers assault on Faes. The ball had gone and his foot was still going up towards Faes knee. There was obviously never an intention to play the ball. The ref shit out of a decision to send him off( or even review var) because it was Man utd and at Old Trafford. Against Bournemouth away the same challenge would've resulted in them playing the 2nd half with 10 men, no doubt about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

There's no comparison with that challenge and sabitzers assault on Faes. The ball had gone and his foot was still going up towards Faes knee. There was obviously never an intention to play the ball. The ref shit out of a decision to send him off( or even review var) because it was Man utd and at Old Trafford. Against Bournemouth away the same challenge would've resulted in them playing the 2nd half with 10 men, no doubt about it.

I wouldn't disagree on any of your comments on the refs, totally agree.

It always makes me laugh how Gary Neville is basically calling for a red/offside whatever when it suits his team and then it barely gets a mention if it's against his team lol

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

Cowardice from the ref and VAR. Studs out and high.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Strap yourselves in for for the roller coaster ride to the end of the season , it looks like we will have to make a fast start ,keep attacking in games and hopefully Score early to take the initiative as we have little chance of keeping a clean sheet and even then we won’t be able to secure the lead . 
I just watched the first half again and the quality of our football and passing was mostly excellent ( albeit against a team that played 3 days ago and without their best midfielder) we must stick with that . We clearly need major surgery on the defence and we’re stuck with what we have until the summer 

• Like 1

Seems to me we concede week in and week because of the high line that Rodgers adores. And when it doesn't work yet again, usually against half decent sides, the lame excuses get trotted out once more. It's either individual errors, not getting the press correct or "not looking after the ball well enough" etc. etc. etc. If a team gives up the amount of pitch we do then you are asking for trouble. The times we get sliced open with one pass is getting embarrassing now. 

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wouldn't disagree on any of your comments on the refs, totally agree.

It always makes me laugh how Gary Neville is basically calling for a red/offside whatever when it suits his team and then it barely gets a mention if it's against his team lol

I know, it's getting embarrassing now 😄

47 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I actually agreed with both VAR decisions. I didn't think Sabitzers was a red and Rashford, regardless of lines I'm happy for their to be benefit of the doubt for attackers when it's so close. Offside was introduced to prevent players from goal hanging, it wasn't brought in to prevent someone from behind offside because their armpit is 1mm over the line.

The frustrating thing is that we have been on the other end of the these things and haven't been so fortunate. Perez v West Ham was an incredibly harsh red card in my opinion and a similar type of thing. If Faes goes down screaming or our players kick off then a bigger deal would have been made of it. 

Are you actually off ur head 😂😂😂 how can any football fan say that wasn't a red is beyond me and the offside he is clearly off you not questioned why we haven't seen a straight line across like the barnes one was shown but instead use horizontal lines 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

The offside was marginal, but just stinks that they seem to favour Rashford and with Barnes it wasn’t. That’s 2 Rashford has got. The consistency is in the inconsistency. 

As for the potential red card…even my Man Utd friend said he should have been off. It was dangerous and reckless and was directed at his knee. No doubt in my mind that is a red. And that is the issue, these sorts of decisions seem to go Man Utd’s way more often than not. Hence the frustration. 

2nd half we were are own worst enemy, but the ref and VAR have had an impact. 

49 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think we really missed an Ndidi at his peak today. A midfield enforcer to help the back 4 and our hapless keeper would have helped us a lot. 

17 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

The offside was marginal, but just stinks that they seem to favour Rashford and with Barnes it wasn’t. That’s 2 Rashford has got. The consistency is in the inconsistency. 

As for the potential red card…even my Man Utd friend said he should have been off. It was dangerous and reckless and was directed at his knee. No doubt in my mind that is a red. And that is the issue, these sorts of decisions seem to go Man Utd’s way more often than not. Hence the frustration. 

2nd half we were are own worst enemy, but the ref and VAR have had an impact. 

On the red, I should make it clear that my feeling is that accidental bad contact shouldn't be a red. However based on how such things have been treated previously should indicate that the Faes incident was a red. (Although, Fabinho raked six studs down someones leg a few weeks back and also didn't get a red) so there's clearly bias to big 6 clubs.

I probably didn't make that clear enough in my initial post considering about 6 people have jumped on it :D

The usual Old Trafford officiating but we'll just roll over and take it when we should be making a big example of it.

Bright start but a really bad capitulation all considered - with their fixtures surrounding this and players they had missing this was a real opportunity blown.

First half, bossed it, got tp take your chances though. 

Second half, they made a tactical tweak at half time and onve the 2nd goal went in it was damage limitation unfortunately. 

Overall on reflection not too disheartened tbh, but the officiating will always be for the money clubs. 

Ian was really poor today but he'll know that and it's onto the next game. 

Chants of " you let your country down" to Rashford.

Amazing!!

Mostly from people who themselves have probably done little for their own country.

Love our fanbase sometimes.

Bet Saka cant wait to hear the same on Saturday!!!

Edited by Raj