Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

Game was summed up for me 2nd half.  Shaw makes a hard challenge on Castagne down near the corner flag, close to where I was standing.  Both players down Shaw rolling around holding his ankle.  Attwell the ref, runs over steps more or less over Castagne, who is still on the floor not moving, to ask Shaw if he is ok?

I thought, there is the proof we are playing 12 men this afternoon.  Mendy picks up a yellow for nothing  a fair tackle, Shaw should have been booked, as for Sabitzer whoever it was look at it again, its a red all day long.

Edited by suffolk fox
mistake
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I cant stand watching sky sports anymore, its so pro liverpool/man united.. with that shit commentary duo. why not get gerry taggart or steve walsh in to commentate for once. :plancque:

Yeh the commentary was horrific. No idea why they put Neville commentating Man U games, we have enough bias on the pitch without having it in the commentary box as well. The main commentator pissed me off though. Half time whistle goes and he says, Man U should be 2-0 up with the miss from Dalot. So we're just going to ignore all the saves De Gea made and the fact we pumped them for 45 minutes but just didn't score. Then in the 2nd half said Sabitzer needs to be careful after his yellow in the first half. At that point I was convinced he was just mocking the leicester fans 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Game was summed up for me 2nd half.  Shaw makes a hard challenge on Castagne down near the corner flag, close to where I was standing.  Both players down Shaw rolling around holding his ankle.  Attwell the ref, runs over steps more or less over Castagne, who is still on the floor not moving, to ask Shaw if he is ok?

I thought, there is the proof we are playing 12 men this afternoon.  Mendy picks up a yellow for nothing  a fair tackle, Shaw should have been booked, as for Sabitzer whoever it was look at it again, its a red all day long.

It absolutely has got worse 

I can imagine Attwell going in the Man Utd dressing room after the game with his autograph book to collect signatures “for his 4 year old nephew” 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh the commentary was horrific. No idea why they put Neville commentating Man U games, we have enough bias on the pitch without having it in the commentary box as well. The main commentator pissed me off though. Half time whistle goes and he says, Man U should be 2-0 up with the miss from Dalot. So we're just going to ignore all the saves De Gea made and the fact we pumped them for 45 minutes but just didn't score. Then in the 2nd half said Sabitzer needs to be careful after his yellow in the first half. At that point I was convinced he was just mocking the leicester fans 

The worst of it is the sheer amount of cringe, i cannot stand his 'and its LIIVEEEE' to make it out to be some iconic sky thing STFU. uurghhh piss offff mate

Edited by Simoken

Has there been a decent angle to see the Rashford offside? I was convinced he was offside and thought the line didn't look straight but haven't seen an angle that looks straight across. Also, is the var offsides done by a computer, or is it possible for them to get it wrong? I was also convinced that Barnes was onside vs spurs, but again, is it possible for var to get offsides wrong? 

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Chants of " you let your country down" to Rashford.

Amazing!!

Mostly from people who themselves have probably done little for their own country.

Love our fanbase sometimes.

Bet Saka cant wait to hear the same on Saturday!!!

As much as i think Rashford is a tosspot its quite hilarious people singing that considering Vardy didnt even have the bottle to take a penalty in the 2018 semi final. Magical injury that just suddenly appeared after the final whistle

Edited by South Shire Fox

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Rashford is a tosspot

No he isn't, for a footballer he is pretty sound. What he is , is a class player in form. We knew it before the match and like other teams failed to counteract him. I thought we played mostly OK so let's start thinking about Arsenal , we have a much better chance for something here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No he isn't, for a footballer he is pretty sound. What he is , is a class player in form. We knew it before the match and like other teams failed to counteract him. I thought we played mostly OK so let's start thinking about Arsenal , we have a much better chance for something here.

*In your opinion

For all the talk of VAR and how we were robbed by the officials… that doesn’t take away the fact we missed two decent chances first half. Then put on that pathetic display 2nd half. Yes them being down to 10 men would’ve helped but we were awful at keeping the ball second half, Maddison and Kel being two main culprits. 

What worries me most is this squad just seems so flakey. One defeat seems to knock us back massively. 

Our home form is going to be key in keeping us up. Win 4 of those and I think that’ll be enough

34 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Has there been a decent angle to see the Rashford offside? I was convinced he was offside and thought the line didn't look straight but haven't seen an angle that looks straight across. Also, is the var offsides done by a computer, or is it possible for them to get it wrong? I was also convinced that Barnes was onside vs spurs, but again, is it possible for var to get offsides wrong? 

I think that the right view would be that if Barnes was offside then so was Rashford (and vice versa) and what that means is that on far too many occasions VAR is essentially no better than when only the on field officials ran a game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

What worries me most is this squad just seems so flakey. One defeat seems to knock us back massively

That is the vital thing for us. We lose , we bounce back strongly and compete in every match. There is no room for sulking in our position.

27 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

As much as i think Rashford is a tosspot its quite hilarious people singing that considering Vardy didnt even have the bottle to take a penalty in the 2018 semi final. Magical injury that just suddenly appeared after the final whistle

Not really a tosspot though is he?

Agree with you on the rest, cant hammer someone for having the bottle to take a pen in such circumstances, most of us would sh1t it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Not really a tosspot though is he?

Agree with you on the rest, cant hammer someone for having the bottle to take a pen in such circumstances, most of us would sh1t it.

Going down like hes had his ankle broke to get Mendy booked when he hasnt touched him? Tosspot in my book, not to mention the fact hes Mason Greenwoods pal

Edited by South Shire Fox

3 hours ago, Simoken said:

I cant stand watching sky sports anymore, its so pro liverpool/man united.. with that shit commentary duo. why not get gerry taggart or steve walsh in to commentate for once. :plancque:

Cancel it. I did and things are so much better. Rather listen to Radio Leicester or LCFC media (with Gerry Taggart) than Sky's ridiculous commentary and 'experts'. They will get no money from me. 

The media have concentrated on Rashford and he is in clinical form. Fernandes is the key though , he has been way off it for a long while but ten Hag has got him back to his best. This unlikeable and not pretty geezer is also one of the most intelligent players in the game. His influence is massive and he doesn't play fair . His ruthlessness will not win him many friends but I am sure he doesn't care one bit. He reminds me of Johnny Giles from long ago. I wish we had somebody like him.

• Like 1