Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

16 hours ago, jmono84 said:

The technology isn’t there to determine this, until there is a system which records all players at live time and the football when it’s been kicked then it’s still subjective. The line on Faes looks like it’s been tagged on the outside of his elbow! Until there is a machine which exactly pinpoints where the correct lines are drawn I think they should go with the on-field decisions and only overturn the ones where is clear they are offside to the naked eye, a clear and obvious decision.

Weve been so fvcked by VAR and lack of this season!

Thats how VAR is supposed to work (clear and obvious error), but they seemingly use it as they please, I said the same as you pretty much yesterday, I would go back to on field decisions now, its easier to take those in as can give them benefit of doubt they have to decide on the spot with no replays.

For your idea make the lines thicker, and if is any overlap, its not clear and obvious.  Another reason I agree with you, is the moment they freeze frame it will affect the result, but if it needs to be clear and obvious then the result would be the same from all the frames around the moment as well.

• Like 1

Reflecting on yesterdays match after the dust has settled and it was an odd one wasn't it!

Feel like we were really open, and that brings a risk/reward scenario that depends on how the opposition plays. United were sloppy first half so we were able to break quickly because we pretty much left 4 up at most times. As soon as they protected the ball more in 2nd half, and we endlessly gave it away, that tactic just looked suicidal.

The full-backs were way too wide at times, and Kristiansen needs to work on stopping a cross more. Bruno especially found it far too easy to get balls in the box. 

Souttar and Faes need time to work on their partnership. Days like yesterday will happen until they know what each other does in every scenario. Mainly Souttar understanding Wout is a mad bastard who will leave him exposed multiple times a match (as i said before, risk/reward, at times his aggression pays off).

Iheanacho was garbage other than the nice ball through for Barnes' chance, and I thought Tete/Maddison were super wasteful 2nd half.

All in all though, it's a poor 45 minutes against the inform team in the league and it might just sharpen a few minds up. I can see Brendan going a little more cautious against Arsenal. Would love to see a Wilf/Youri midfield again, and wouldn't surprise me if Maddison doesn't play as high up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Last week the line for Dier wasn’t taken from his outer arm. The line was taken from his armpit to his knee. This week it was Faes outer arm. That’s why I’m frustrated. 

C821B067-EFFC-4222-90E9-DC59EA49CF38.jpeg

Yeah the media doesnt pick on these inconsistencies.

Even worse is you can see Barnes knee is behind the other knee as well (which is slightly over the blue line), it looks like they drawn it on outside of boot.  Its as if they change it to get the result they want.

I bet they draw multiple lines before its shown on TV, and can pick and choose which one to use, like when they repeatedly do freeze frame as well to get their right spot.

5 hours ago, hejammy said:

To be fair, and not to condone the Rashford chants, they were singing about Vardys missus before he even came on. That chant alone is so lame. But Yeah the Rashford one was also pretty poor. Just a lame effort.

Some of the chants are banal rather than witty. If anything inspires the opposition player as Vardy has proved over time. 

1 minute ago, smudgerfox said:

Close? They could have hit double figures if they kept finishing their moves instead of trying to get certain teammates a goslzz

first half we should have been level at worst

the fact we were behind affects our approach a bit to the second half and once we are two down we are playing with little defensive thought - hence the ease with which we were opened up in the last thirty mins. goals and saves change games 

Tale of two halves. First half (mainly 25mins) we were fantastic and extremely unlucky not to be a couple of goals in front. We caused havoc down their left side and that’s why Garnacho was hooked at the break. Second half they’d clearly had a rocket from Ten Hag, and Sancho made a big impact for them. They were ruthless and clinical unlike us, and we were poor second half. Abject refereeing certainly didn’t help matters (it is Old Trafford after all) but we shot ourselves in the foot second half

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Tale of two halves. First half (mainly 25mins) we were fantastic and extremely unlucky not to be a couple of goals in front. We caused havoc down their left side and that’s why Garnacho was hooked at the break. Second half they’d clearly had a rocket from Ten Hag, and Sancho made a big impact for them. They were ruthless and clinical unlike us, and we were poor second half. Abject refereeing certainly didn’t help matters (it is Old Trafford after all) but we shot ourselves in the foot second half

Think that’s a fair assessment. It shows the difference between top 6, and any wannabe. Also The ruthless & clinical,but also higher mental strength, many fans will close their eyes to that very difference.These top teams are through the core belligerent,and on top of their arrogance.

God I love watching both Rashford and Kane,

one is on the drive up,the other falls off a bit,but will bounce back big,but their team around them, can pull them through with that higher mental strength & ruthlessness…We might hate him,but Fernandez, can play the horrible annoying guy,but not lacking in skill set. With Vardy, going slowly into the sunset,we need

2 more horrible annoying,hard guys,that is not ashamed to chase and push officials. Maddison is just a snowflake . no matter how hard he try’s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

Reflecting on yesterdays match after the dust has settled and it was an odd one wasn't it!

Feel like we were really open, and that brings a risk/reward scenario that depends on how the opposition plays. United were sloppy first half so we were able to break quickly because we pretty much left 4 up at most times. As soon as they protected the ball more in 2nd half, and we endlessly gave it away, that tactic just looked suicidal.

The full-backs were way too wide at times, and Kristiansen needs to work on stopping a cross more. Bruno especially found it far too easy to get balls in the box. 

Souttar and Faes need time to work on their partnership. Days like yesterday will happen until they know what each other does in every scenario. Mainly Souttar understanding Wout is a mad bastard who will leave him exposed multiple times a match (as i said before, risk/reward, at times his aggression pays off).

Iheanacho was garbage other than the nice ball through for Barnes' chance, and I thought Tete/Maddison were super wasteful 2nd half.

All in all though, it's a poor 45 minutes against the inform team in the league and it might just sharpen a few minds up. I can see Brendan going a little more cautious against Arsenal. Would love to see a Wilf/Youri midfield again, and wouldn't surprise me if Maddison doesn't play as high up.

Nice summary you cover it well. Just waking up here I too feel really frustrated by yesterdays game. Just looking for some answers and hopefully we can improve on it. Dodgy refereeing decisions aside which were huge and game changing we can’t do anything about but learn next time to create a bigger stink like our opposition instead of rolling over and take it. We are too nice.

I just hope we play with the same gusto, bravery and confidence of the 1st half against manu but with more smarts and not give silly goals & possession away against the arses. We can’t afford to go into a shell gotta keep fighting for these points!

53 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not sure if this has already been posted, but what are your thoughts on this @Babylon?

I genuinely have no idea what I'm looking at so just wondering if he's drawing fair conclusions or missing something.

I did the same thing with vanishing point and was as accurate as it was possible to get with the grid.

I don't like to admit it, but I think they were probably right, and he was onside. If you notice the half way line, there is a very slight "bend" in the middle of the pitch. If you bend the pink line slightly, so the centre of the line was touching Faes boot and both the edges where it touches the sideline were closer to our goal, he's probably just onside.

offside.thumb.png.08ac1bd7d8b4f5c9a630908056396e0c.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shade said:

I did the same thing with vanishing point and was as accurate as it was possible to get with the grid.

I don't like to admit it, but I think they were probably right, and he was onside. If you notice the half way line, there is a very slight "bend" in the middle of the pitch. If you bend the pink line slightly, so the centre of the line was touching Faes boot and both the edges where it touches the sideline were closer to our goal, he's probably just onside.

offside.thumb.png.08ac1bd7d8b4f5c9a630908056396e0c.png

I just happened to come across the tweet and have no idea about any of this stuff. I'd like to think the Prem are getting this stuff right tbh, so I'd rather they were proven to be correct :D

Cheers for the insight :)

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Not sure if this has already been posted, but what are your thoughts on this @Babylon?

I genuinely have no idea what I'm looking at so just wondering if he's drawing fair conclusions or missing something.

My thoughts are it's nonsense. Look at his (guessed) perspective grid, the far right blue line isn't inline with the pitch markings that he said he'd used to draw it. In the middle new the ref his blue line is slightly left of the pitch markings and around where the ball is, it's substantially to the right of the pitch markings.

FpgmRQ7XoAEuP2P.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

My thoughts are it's nonsense. Look at his (guessed) perspective grid, the far right blue line isn't inline with the pitch markings that he said he'd used to draw it. In the middle new the ref his blue line is slightly left of the pitch markings and around where the ball is, it's substantially to the right of the pitch markings.

FpgmRQ7XoAEuP2P.jpeg

It is offside clearly, even without lines lol 

On 20/02/2023 at 14:04, Chrysalis said:

Yeah the media doesnt pick on these inconsistencies.

Even worse is you can see Barnes knee is behind the other knee as well (which is slightly over the blue line), it looks like they drawn it on outside of boot.  Its as if they change it to get the result they want.

I bet they draw multiple lines before its shown on TV, and can pick and choose which one to use, like when they repeatedly do freeze frame as well to get their right spot.

But Barnes' foot is a part of the body he can legally score with, so it is correct to draw the line there. It's not knee-vs-knee as Dier's foot is behind his knee.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

FpgmRQ7XoAEuP2P.jpeg

On the line is in play, so the perspective grid should also go to the outside of the white lines. Then, we're using a low resolution image, in which one pixel out is probably about 2 inches in real life. 

Is it possible Var could be incorrectly set up, sure. But he's not proving that with what we've got as there are too many variables. 

One thing I do think they should do is alter the rule so it states that just feet are used to judge offside. Unless you're 50 feet tall and have a significant advantage of having your head or shoulders offside then I don't see the point in measuring them to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

One thing I do think they should do is alter the rule so it states that just feet are used to judge offside. Unless you're 50 feet tall and have a significant advantage of having your head or shoulders offside then I don't see the point in measuring them to be honest.

It still doesn't solve perspective issues. And if you have a striker leaning towards goal and a defender leaning away, but his heel is in line with the attackers toe, then that will counted onside even though it clearly 'looks' offside intuitively.

Just now, shen said:

It still doesn't solve perspective issues. And if you have a striker leaning towards goal and a defender leaning away, but his heel is in line with the attackers toe, then that will counted onside even though it clearly 'looks' offside intuitively.

It doesn't. I'm not really looking to address that to be honest. It just annoys me that two players are side by side, but someone's head can be offside because they're leaning slightly more forwards.

On 20/02/2023 at 13:20, hejammy said:

I don't know about you, but I think it's getting quite boring now

My dude, football fans are some of the least original folk going. 

There's a tiny minority with any degreere of creativity and the bulk majority will just keep hur hur huring at the same crap joke indefinitely. 

Spend 30 seconds reading Transfer Talk on here during the average summer week day and you'll see the level of humour and intellect you're working with. 

The Vardy's missus chants will continue til he retires.