Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not gonna argue with the offsides, it's the Sabitzer decision that annoyed me. 

Yeah i was hoping for red there. its unfortunate he was not sent, more than unfortunate 

But tbh if our player had done it we would have argued that yellow would be fine 

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

My thoughts are it's nonsense. Look at his (guessed) perspective grid, the far right blue line isn't inline with the pitch markings that he said he'd used to draw it. In the middle new the ref his blue line is slightly left of the pitch markings and around where the ball is, it's substantially to the right of the pitch markings.

FpgmRQ7XoAEuP2P.jpeg

My thoughts are he's a meritricious sadsack with the critical faculties of an umbrella and he'd really get on with the samelamers in our PL and match threads. 

• Haha 1

Just now, turtmcfly said:

My thoughts are he's a meritricious sadsack with the critical faculties of an umbrella and he'd really get on with the samelamers in our PL and match threads. 

Look at me learning about perspective and new words like meretricious! I'm glad I asked now :D

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

One thing I do think they should do is alter the rule so it states that just feet are used to judge offside. Unless you're 50 feet tall and have a significant advantage of having your head or shoulders offside then I don't see the point in measuring them to be honest.

Harry Kanes feet could be onside but his chin 2 feet goal-side of our defence, they'd just float crosses into that space all game :D 

• Haha 2

It doesn't help us now but has there been any word on why the video evidence hasn't been used to ban Sabitser for the dangerous play / assault. Is it because the ref didn't miss it, he saw it but thought it's just a free kick no more so it's not a "missed" incident? Has there been anything from the PL / FA ?

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

It doesn't help us now but has there been any word on why the video evidence hasn't been used to ban Sabitser for the dangerous play / assault. Is it because the ref didn't miss it, he saw it but thought it's just a free kick no more so it's not a "missed" incident? Has there been anything from the PL / FA ?

On MOTD2, they suggested the PGMOL said it wasn't reckless or out of control. What rubbish! 

There doesn't have to be violent intent for a challenge to be dangerous. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I mean if all these lines have to be drawn then surely its fair enough to be given a goal, even if it's against us. And yes Barnes goal should have been given too. 

Absolutely. In an ideal world we'd have a situation where both those goals were allowed, and with minimal fuss. 

BTW - this is what the 'modern' offside rules were designed to sort out (that is, movement away from a form of rugby as directed by one of Sean Dyche's more progressive ancestors).

Screenshot_2023-02-22-12-55-02-109-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

42 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I mean if all these lines have to be drawn then surely its fair enough to be given a goal, even if it's against us. And yes Barnes goal should have been given too. 

ACFAE8AA-C201-4168-866F-39BD3C874378.jpeg.7c37faf4fdaa1275340df4caa25f0d9a.jpeg

I reckon the 4th official creates something like this, places his hands either side of the screen and then just makes the decision in the interests of whichever club is “bigger” 

5 hours ago, shade said:

I did the same thing with vanishing point and was as accurate as it was possible to get with the grid.

I don't like to admit it, but I think they were probably right, and he was onside. If you notice the half way line, there is a very slight "bend" in the middle of the pitch. If you bend the pink line slightly, so the centre of the line was touching Faes boot and both the edges where it touches the sideline were closer to our goal, he's probably just onside.

offside.thumb.png.08ac1bd7d8b4f5c9a630908056396e0c.png

.. am I reading this wrong, it appears that the red line goes across the United player's boots, while Faes boot is running Parallel to the red line!!!

On 22/02/2023 at 17:07, sacreblueits442 said:

.. am I reading this wrong, it appears that the red line goes across the United player's boots, while Faes boot is running Parallel to the red line!!!

yeah but as I mentioned the centre of the pitch appears slightly higher than the sidelines (look at how the half way line bends up very slightly above the blue grid), if you bend the offside line the same amount, you get a line exactly like the official ones.

If anyone else is still feeling aggrieved like me for the refereeing injustice at OT last weekend then watch the game going on now against Barca. Manu typically asking for everything to go their way and getting nothing from the ref. Oh and the clear cut calls like the penalty against bucktooth Fernandez was rightly given. Paybacks a B-itch!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

If anyone else is still feeling aggrieved like me for the refereeing injustice at OT last weekend then watch the game going on now against Barca. Manu typically asking for everything to go their way and getting nothing from the ref. Oh and the clear cut calls like the penalty against bucktooth Fernandez was rightly given. Paybacks a B-itch!

At no point has Barcelona dominated them as we did the better part of the first half, it all took a turn for the worse once we conceded the 1st goal. If they De Gea didn't pull those incredible saves in the first half, the game would been totally different.

De Gea was very unlucky not to save that penalty from Lewandowski. 

2 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

At no point has Barcelona dominated them as we did the better part of the first half, it all took a turn for the worse once we conceded the 1st goal. If they De Gea didn't pull those incredible saves in the first half, the game would been totally different.

De Gea was very unlucky not to save that penalty from Lewandowski. 

Can't underestimate the importance of having a proper keeper. A very good example upon that is Jan Oblak for Atletico, no way would they have been able to compete against the best of the best without him.

On 22/02/2023 at 13:06, lcfc_forever said:

On MOTD2, they suggested the PGMOL said it wasn't reckless or out of control. What rubbish! 

There doesn't have to be violent intent for a challenge to be dangerous. 

It was a deliberate attempt to injure the player, not reckless or out of control, but a deliberate cowardly attempt to cause injury as stated by one of the BBC panel. VAR is broken and should be scrapped.