Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

Played well first half but that second half display was woeful. 

Maddison probably had his worst game of the season. Faes and Castagne ticking time bombs and weak links in our defence.

Wasn’t helped by some horrendous refereeing mind you.

• Like 1

Brilliant first half hour, should have been ahead. United should have been down to 10.

However, far too open at the back, far too careless with possession 2nd half. I can forgive the former more. Still early days for Faes and Souttar and I think both are defenders who have the occasional shocker in them.

We need to work out our better midfield pairing. To me that's currently Mendy and Youri. I have no idea what Soumare has ever offered us other than laziness and its a crying shame we aren't making more of an effort to get Ndidi back in form.

• Like 2

Played well first half. Excellent infact. Really enjoyed it, as I have the Villa and Tottenham games.

Then came the 2nd half. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. The return of the Leicester and a Rodgers team I know and ****ing hate.

People can look towards and blame the officials all they want but a proper team would create abit of siege mentality, at bare minimums give a go and look bothered.

We were 2-0 down and bring Tielemans and Soumare on. Jesus. Do me a favour. They're the opposite of what you need when chasing a game. Constantly slowing us down, creating blunders leading to our own downfall.

I said yesterday I wasn't going to dwell on other teams results and that we have to do it for ourselves, if we play as we did v Villa and Tottenham we'll be fine, if we revert to what we've seen over the last 2 years it'll be down to wire and struggle, on the 2nd half showing it'll be the latter.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Congratulations to Stuart Attwell and his Man United squad.

Big win for the betting syndicates that run this league.

If you truly believe that, why bother following City or having any interest in Premier League football ? I know it’s a forum & everyone has an opinion. I’m just curious. 

First half was great at times. 

Second half was the Leicester we've seen for most of this season. We imploded.

Usual VAR and refereeing complaints. Getting boring now. 

Soumare substitution was strange. Not a player you want to bring on when trailing. Arguably not a player you'd bring on in any situation given his obvious lack of awareness.

• Like 2

Should be in the lead and Man Utd down to ten at half time but go in losing. Then VAR proves how corrupt it is again! Then we have a 10 min collapse that really kills us and Brendan takes off bother energetic central midfielders for a couple of lumps. Southampton games absolutely huge. We won’t get nowt next week against arsenal var and fa will make sure of that.

• Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Blip or back to the usual. Not sure the next game will tell us, but we move on. Not a great day at the office, but you need everything to align at Old Trafford - and not for the home team as usual. 

At old Trafford you are always against the officials as well, tough place because you don’t get many decisions there

Our problems haven’t disappeared after two decent performances. Getting anything away at Old Trafford was always a long shot. We won’t be defined by these sort of games this season. 

If we stay relatively injury free for the remainder of the season then we should be fine, but we have to accept our defence is still suspect and our goalkeeper is below average. That won’t change until the summer 

• Like 1

We played alright in the first half. 

It's easy to stick the boot in for the second half given how a lot have gone this season but after Mendy got booked for winning the ball after half time and that 2nd goal being allowed to stand for once I'll spare the lads. 

Var and its officials. Amateur hour. 

• Like 2

Fancied us before kick off as I thought they'd be tired after playing in Europe on Thursday and they were missing Casemiro. Felt vindicated up to their first goal as we literally played them off the pitch during that period. But as soon as they went ahead we looked a beaten team. 

Some very poor performances in the second half. Faes was beyond awful, we may as well have had a hologram in goal and Soumaré appeared to be playing in a suit of armour. 

Overall, we were just far too open, I thought. Looks like we're just going to try to outscore opponents. 

• Like 1