Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

Piss poor from us today, started with the right intent and just didn’t carry it on. The fight and heart that was shown in the last two games was missing and we continued to roll over. Saying that I think their the best team in the league at the moment, we move on.

Guest Col city fan

The quintessential game of two halves.

And also reminds us of the ‘adage’.. you must score when you’re on top.

Such a disappointing second half but Utd upped a gear tbf.

God knows why Rodgers brought Soumare and Tielemans on? Two of the worst players to introduce when you are under pressure.

3 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

First half was great at times. 

Second half was the Leicester we've seen for most of this season. We imploded.

Usual VAR and refereeing complaints. Getting boring now. 

Soumare substitution was strange. Not a player you want to bring on when trailing. Arguably not a player you'd bring on in any situation given his obvious lack of awareness.

yeah it is but you have to admit it did play a part some what, 

its the inconsistency from week to week that does your head in

• Like 3

Second half was a combination of our poor play and a tactical shift from them where they pushed their full backs inside and completely blocked off our ways out. It looked pretty ugly at times in the second half but if we'd have taken our chances in the first half then it would have been a different game. 

Not sure what the big issue with the ref was. Don't think it was a red, the still image makes it look alot worse than it was. As for the offside call, if they've got the lines right (which nobody has proved they haven't) then he's onside. And it was never a foul on Iheanacho for the 3rd. Some niggly decisions went against us but nothing out of the ordinary

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Our problems haven’t disappeared after two decent performances. Getting anything away at Old Trafford was always a long shot. We won’t be defined by these sort of games this season. 

If we stay relatively injury free for the remainder of the season then we should be fine, but we have to accept our defence is still suspect and our goalkeeper is below average. That won’t change until the summer 

If by below average you mean absolute dogshit league one at best, then yes I do tend to agree with you there mate.

Ref and VAR shite.

But, we were terrible that second half. Worrying performance. As soon as we go behind the wheels come off big style. Thought both centre halfs were all over the place second half.

Rodgers subs didn't help matters. Soumare is so far off the required standard.  No doubt he will be back in the starting 11 within a few weeks tho.

This VAR debate was always part of the plan. The fans were catching on to the amount of dodgy decisions favouring the top sides so the introduction of a floored system for a few seasons would placate them until it became obvious it just wasn't working. Then its an easy thing to get them to demand 'the old thing back' ...

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah it is but you have to admit it did play a part some what, 

its the inconsistency from week to week that does your head in

Absolutely. I think all football fans feel the same way. Particularly when there still appears to be a "big" team bias when it comes to decision making. 

Me stating its boring is more around the fact its a weekly occurrence now (not just for us), yes nothing changes. It's making me hate the game.

• Like 2

I can’t put a finger on what went wrong in the second half but it certainly re-raises the issue of Rodgers’ terrible in-game management. He sometimes gets it right but he far more often gets it wrong.

Can’t blame him for the atrocious officiating, mind.

1 minute ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Absolutely. I think all football fans feel the same way. Particularly when there still appears to be a "big" team bias when it comes to decision making. 

Me stating its boring is more around the fact its a weekly occurrence now (not just for us), yes nothing changes. It's making me hate the game.

couldnt agree more, whats worse is; the mass uproar came last weekend as it was mostly against the bigger teams;

pretty sure there wont be the uproar for the sabitzer challenge or the rashford 2nd goal(was on but why was Barnes off last week then.....)

Just now, Master Fox said:

Tetê the most overrated player, ever

A lot of our success in the first half was on how he kept dragging Shaw out of position and then Castagne could overlap. 

Man U clicked on to this slightly and took the Garancho (whatever his name) off. By putting Rashford on the left, it pinned Castagne 

• Like 2

Not taking our chances and then the defence brainfarting all game obviously punished us.

You just knew that if we failed to score when we dominated in that 20/30 minute period that Utd would eventually get their reward. Unfortunately for us it’s Arsenal next and I can’t see anything positive coming from that game.

4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Will we get a pretty apology from the referees association too? Our name isn't Arsenal 

I don’t think they can apologise for our players not bothering after 20 mins or our fan base wanting to jump on any excuse other than we simply weren’t good enough. Decisions just don’t go your way and we don’t have it in us to make a referees game tough for them and try and force the decision. Other teams would have been around Attwell screaming for a red, we just stand and watch Faes hold his knee.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Tetê the most overrated player, ever

He was excellent against Villa.

I thought he was very quiet v Tottenham and again today.

Tongue in cheek or not the amount of people getting carried away after Villa game was only going to lead to an anti climax.

Especially in a Rodgers team.

Edited by Matt