Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

Lots of focus on the negatives here. Understandable. 

But there were some positives. They were outstanding for 30 mins. We just looked a good side with swagger. Thought Mendy was excellent again. 

I don't agree that the defence had a mare..Faes and Souttar did some great work. Castagne bombed forward. 

It wasn't our day. Im not gonna debate the VAR angle, but the goal was pure luck. rashford mistimed his run. Him,  Castagne and the linesman all thought it. He got lucky. And we ain't really got the siege mentality to bounce back.  

Edit; I imagine Ricardo felt slightly aggreived that he didn't get the last 15

Edited by Paninistickers

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Some of the comments in here are embarrassing. Yes the VAR was dodgy. But we were up against a currently superior Utd who are in rampant form. 

And a very expensive squad with Rashford on form. But the reffing does need to be looked at. A clear Red and not a single booking for Man Utd..that is questionable 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

I was hoping that Keylor Navas would come in. Shame

Yes massive difference in quality as a goalkeeper and he is keeping the enemy in games where as we have Ward who looks like he could concede goals in new and inventive ways every week and frequently does 

Iversen must be shocking in training not to get a game ahead of calamity Ward

So what happened second half? They flooded the midfield and pressed on Maddison and Nacho who consequently gave the ball away every time. Which was far too easy for them. Trouble is we have no other forward who can hold the ball up in that situation. Mean time Faes has a mare and they look like scoring constantly. Not Ward's fault today though he still doesn't give confidence. Soumare comes on for Mendy and goes missing so it gets worse.

And we stop passing like we did first half, so definitely not what they would have been told at half time, looks like simple case of heads dropping. Which isn't good enough at this level. On that evidence the biggest problem is leadership on the pitch, there was none when it didn't go for us. 

Sure, ref wasn't helping. But this should be a serious reality check for the players, two wins don't make you world beaters. 

Back to serious work. 

Great first half. Terrible 2nd half.

Awful defending yet again has seen us on the end of a scoreline that maybe didn't flatter Man Utd so much but still felt a little harsh as we were the best team for a lot of the first half.

Desperately need a leader at the back as we miss more than just Kasper's keeping. He used to organise the whole defensive unit, always barking instructions to the back 4.

Think we will stay up with ease but it is one hell of a rebuilding job over the next 3 transfer windows.

Got lots to work on chaps. We've played brilliantly in parts and its tempting to get carried away and feel like we're the finished article but we're not. Rogers has his work cut out on improving in the areas we desperately need to while maintaining the good stuff. Vardy is an enigma or lost cause now poor guy has zero impact when he comes on. Not even making assists anymore. I'm left begging why Ricardo didn't get a chance today? Just maybe he could have added something to our bite had he come on.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

99% fans want var scrapped! it's just not ready for the premier league yet. Constantly the premier league ignores the fans. Honestly if Var was scrapped tomorrow you won't see a single fan or manager complain. More relieved as football can just get on with it. 

Don't make the mistake of focusing on the symptom. The cause is our officials who have always been awful, VAR just serves to highlight that fact. There is no reason that VAR can't be a roaring success. Focus your energy on being outraged at the consistently terrible officials in control of the technology. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Lots of focus on the negatives here. Understandable. 

But there were some positives. They were outstanding for 30 mins. We just looked a good side with swagger. Thought Mendy was excellent again. 

I don't agree that the defence had a mare..Faes and Souttar did some great work. Castagne bombed forward. 

It wasn't our day. Im not gonna debate the VAR angle, but the goal was pure luck. rashford mistimed his run. Him,  Castagne and the linesman all thought it. He got lucky. And we ain't really got the siege mentality to bounce back.  

I agree with this. The big disappointment was the way we seemed to accept our demise in the second half. They were run ragged in the first half but they dug deep and got stronger. We need to show that never give up attitude. There were lots of positives in the first half but it is a ninety minute game. Subs were disappointing in the whole and they should be itching to get in the starting eleven. Tielemans and Praet faired slightly better. 

I think today largely rides on Rodgers. (And I’m not intending to start a witch hunt). First half we were by far the better side, but a defensive error cost us. Second half we simply failed to get going. But ETH made some changes which Brendan didn’t react to. 

Before we knew it we were 3-0 and the game was over. 

A thoroughly disappointed afternoon, United were poor, and we made life very easy for them in the second half. 

We need to have a bit of a rethink, because Kelch needed to be hooked at half time, and we can’t be seen to just rely on this formation and just hope for the best even when players aren’t performing. 3-0 was a poor reflection on the game I think, mainly because of how utterly dreadful we were in the second half. Made worse by those red tossers being above us. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Harry the Cat said:

There we have it. Iheanacho showing his failings and why he’ll never be world class. He can’t consistently hold the ball up and link the play. Soumare loping along without any urgency and standing and appealing for a throw in instead of getting on with the game. Faes diving in and absolving himself of any defensive reponsibilties by continually being out of position. Most worrying for me was was Maddison’s attitude and body language at times. As captain, we need him to lead by example and not acting like a petulant child. Vardy is shot. He offers nothing at the moment. 

I understand, you’re a bit upset.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think today largely rides on Rodgers. (And I’m not intending to start a witch hunt). First half we were by far the better side, but a defensive error cost us. Second half we simply failed to get going. But ETH made some changes which Brendan didn’t react to. 

A thoroughly disappointed afternoon, United were poor, and we made life very easy for them in the second half. 

We need to have a bit of a rethink, because Kelch needed to be hooked at half time, and we can’t be seen to just rely on this formation and just hope for the best even when players aren’t performing. 3-0 was a poor reflection on the game I think, mainly because of how utterly dreadful we were in the second half. Made worse by those red tossers being above us. 

United were poor? You have a high benchmark my friend.

First half we were brilliant, second half was one to forget unfortunately.

Had it not been for De Gea making two top drawer saves we could of been 2-0 up on another day and then it would of changed the whole complexion of the match. 

At that point we were well and truly dominating the game.

When we went behind to a sucker punch on the counter it was only natural that we would became more open as we attempted to pull one back but Man united just cut straight through us with ease.

Tete was a threat the whole time he was on the pitch and i was really impressed with Souttars range of passing. 

Edited by lee7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Personally think this one's on the players, doesn't matter what you tactics are if you are outran and out fought.

Throw in the a few individual errors.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Was never making any changes after that first half

But after 10 minutes in the second half we were getting over ran, however imagine the up roar on here if he'd have hook one of the front 4 for a extra CM at 1-0.

Playing Tete, Maddison, Barnes and Nacho is alway going to leave us a bit open especially with a midfield of KDH and Mendy.

5 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Don't make the mistake of focusing on the symptom. The cause is our officials who have always been awful, VAR just serves to highlight that fact. There is no reason that VAR can't be a roaring success. Focus your energy on being outraged at the consistently terrible officials in control of the technology. 

But that is the problem with VAR, it requires the human element to make a judgement on it. That's it's failing as highlighted today.

How can a straight legged, studs first, potentially career ending knee high take out, not be seen as a red card. I thought these were the sort of challenges that were being stamped out. 

Maybe because Faes didn't writhe on the floor screaming like a spoilt 5 year old, such as Fernades did when Mendy barely tickled his toe, which led to the ref almost falling over himself to get his card out. It's all bollix when you see the disparity in decision making at times. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well, I don't think it was down to BR as some are saying. We should have been 2 possibly 3-0 up before they scored.

As I have said on many previous occasions; if you don't take your chances you won't win matches. Pretty simple  really.

2nd half we can no plan

• Haha 1

There was enough - more than enough - in the first half to suggest that this set of players will get not get sucked back into a relegation scrap.

I’m not going to get too despondent about the second half because United are a very good team under Ten Hag with arguably the hottest striker in Europe up front.

But I do still worry greatly about our manager’s decision-making - or lack of positive impact - during games, which has proved so very costly this season since his absolute shocker in that opening game v Brentford and is one of the main reasons why we are where we are in the division.

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DanDare said:

But that is the problem with VAR, it requires the human element to make a judgement on it. That's it's failing as highlighted today.

How can a straight legged, studs first, potentially career ending knee high take out, not be seen as a red card. I thought these were the sort of challenges that were being stamped out. 

Maybe because Faes didn't writhe on the floor screaming like a spoilt 5 year old, such as Fernades did when Mendy barely tickled his toe, which led to the ref almost falling over himself to get his card out. It's all bollix when you see the disparity in decision making at times. 

Yes it still requires human intervention, of course. 

But what makes you think they are more likely to pick that foul up in real time and give a red without VAR?

Again, don't blame the technology. Focus on having better implementation (people) to use it.

• Like 1