Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Yes it still requires human intervention, of course. 

But what makes you think they are more likely to pick that foul up in real time and give a red without VAR?

Again, don't blame the technology. Focus on having better implementation (people) to use it.

The fact that Atwell is looking straight at it and doesn’t give anything shows you are screwed eitherway, especially when VAR tries to back up the ref most of the time anyway. 

basically the people either reffing or on var are crap!

• Like 1

Brendan Rodgers Post Match

Good first half, what happened second?

"We never got going. First half we had good chances and a continuation of the last number of weeks. All three goals we conceded were preventable and normally our counter pressing has been really good but the first goal Fernandes has played it through really quickly and Marcus has timed his run and finished it really well. The two goals we then conceded, the second one lifts the crowd and Marcus is onside but we should close the space and the third one we force the pass when there is no need. For us we showed a good level in the first half and got undone with moments of quality from them and they were comfortable at the end."

Sabitzer on Faes?

"It is a sending off, a straight leg on to the knee, how it was not looked at and deemed that is incredible."

Think of any reason why it wouldn't be given?

"I don’t know. The last few weeks some of the decisions we have seen. Someone has said it was after an incident but I don’t buy that. Look at Arsenal’s pen v Man City, Nketiah has a shot but the follow through makes it a foul. He has straight legged him right on his knee."

Will this be dent to excitement and confidence?

"We showed enough in the first half. The second half was disappointing from our perspective but the first half was much more to our level. You just have to defend better against quality players. De Gea makes two fantastic saves, especially the first one and that maybe would have changed the feel of the stadium, I have seen enough over the last few weeks to say we are getting back on track."

Tete?

"He has settled in really well. He has come into tough games, two games away and a home game v Tottenham. He has settled in great. He is a really good footballer, settled in well and given us balance on the right side."

Why Mendy over Tielemans?

"All the team from last weekend were outstanding. That team deserved to start the game. There were always plans to change it, especially when we went to 2-0 I thought we had to get two players on who could progress the ball better."

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Post Match

Good first half, what happened second?

"We never got going. First half we had good chances and a continuation of the last number of weeks. All three goals we conceded were preventable and normally our counter pressing has been really good but the first goal Fernandes has played it through really quickly and Marcus has timed his run and finished it really well. The two goals we then conceded, the second one lifts the crowd and Marcus is onside but we should close the space and the third one we force the pass when there is no need. For us we showed a good level in the first half and got undone with moments of quality from them and they were comfortable at the end."

Sabitzer on Faes?

"It is a sending off, a straight leg on to the knee, how it was not looked at and deemed that is incredible."

Think of any reason why it wouldn't be given?

"I don’t know. The last few weeks some of the decisions we have seen. Someone has said it was after an incident but I don’t buy that. Look at Arsenal’s pen v Man City, Nketiah has a shot but the follow through makes it a foul. He has straight legged him right on his knee."

Will this be dent to excitement and confidence?

"We showed enough in the first half. The second half was disappointing from our perspective but the first half was much more to our level. You just have to defend better against quality players. De Gea makes two fantastic saves, especially the first one and that maybe would have changed the feel of the stadium, I have seen enough over the last few weeks to say we are getting back on track."

Tete?

"He has settled in really well. He has come into tough games, two games away and a home game v Tottenham. He has settled in great. He is a really good footballer, settled in well and given us balance on the right side."

Why Mendy over Tielemans?

"All the team from last weekend were outstanding. That team deserved to start the game. There were always plans to change it, especially when we went to 2-0 I thought we had to get two players on who could progress the ball better."

Who is asking these questions? 

“Why Mendy over Tielemans?” Erm why do you think!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

United were poor? You have a high benchmark my friend.

When you break the game down, they were not good. It was a scrappy game in the first half but we did enough to disrupt their flow. Second half we just kept giving the ball away constantly in dangerous areas and eventually gave the momentum back to United. TH made a minor tactical tweak that allowed Rashford some more room to move, and Castagne couldn’t handle him.

But over the 90, no I don’t think they played well at all, the goals all originated from our mistakes. The difference today was they punished us. 

The game was frustrating because of that fact. But it does mean that there are still small positives to take from the game. We just short ourselves in the foot and paid the price for it. 

43 minutes ago, weller54 said:

So, Barnes was offside against Spurs last week...but this one is clearly onside?..

Just fvck right off!!

Screenshot_20230219_155159_com.android.chrome.jpg

Frustrating I know, but Rashford is level. The Barnes decision was very borderline as I felt he too was level which makes that even more frustrating. But that's in the past now.

28 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

99% fans want var scrapped! it's just not ready for the premier league yet. Constantly the premier league ignores the fans. Honestly if Var was scrapped tomorrow you won't see a single fan or manager complain. More relieved as football can just get on with it. 

That's very very silly isn't it though - the advent of shit officiating didn't begin with the introduction of VAR; the only reason it was brought in is because people were annoyed by referees' mistakes. It's only going to be "ready" for the premier league by being used and amended.

You can say that VAR cost us a goal today but we have no way of knowing that. Maybe the linesman wouldn't have raised his flag if there wasn't the ability to check the decision.

A tale of two halves as many have pointed out. 

You always had the feeling after the two big chances that we had and missed that not being clinical in those situations would come back to bite us and it did.

Their goal was  A bit of a gut punch, they came out second half lucky to be ahead with their tails up and the 2nd was near enough game over. In the end we were lucky it wasn't worse.

Can't fault Brendan too much although the subs were ineffectual. Curious to see the reffing when I get in.

Fvck man Utd.

Edited by ajthefox

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Frustrating I know, but Rashford is level. The Barnes decision was very borderline as I felt he too was level which makes that even more frustrating. But that's in the past now.

Mate, you can clearly see that the line doesn't go straight across the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Yes it still requires human intervention, of course. 

But what makes you think they are more likely to pick that foul up in real time and give a red without VAR?

Again, don't blame the technology. Focus on having better implementation (people) to use it.

Exactly that, you need it implemented correctly otherwise it  becomes more the talking point in its failings rather than the game itself, as it's been recently. 

33 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Didn’t see the game but looked like Bodgers went for it again, especially seeing the first half highlights. No complaints from me. 

Still think Faes is a liability though 

Don't watch the 2nd half highlights lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Mate, you can clearly see that the line doesn't go straight across the pitch.

OK the camera angle isn't great but the line is exactly parallel to the mown grass lines across the pitch. Therefore, unless the ground staff have been on the piss, the line is not angled to favour Rashford. I'm not saying I'm not frustrated because I am, but the fact is there.

Screenshot_20230219_155159_com.android.chrome.jpg

Any given point in the distance will appear to be not parallel with the focal point, It's called a "vanishing point".

image.png.eb86710ed632a4cefdcb81d2fd2c2984.png

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, eastendfox said:

So what happened second half? They flooded the midfield and pressed on Maddison and Nacho who consequently gave the ball away every time. Which was far too easy for them. Trouble is we have no other forward who can hold the ball up in that situation. Mean time Faes has a mare and they look like scoring constantly. Not Ward's fault today though he still doesn't give confidence. Soumare comes on for Mendy and goes missing so it gets worse.

And we stop passing like we did first half, so definitely not what they would have been told at half time, looks like simple case of heads dropping. Which isn't good enough at this level. On that evidence the biggest problem is leadership on the pitch, there was none when it didn't go for us. 

Sure, ref wasn't helping. But this should be a serious reality check for the players, two wins don't make you world beaters. 

Back to serious work. 

Completely agree with this assessment 

• Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

OK the camera angle isn't great but the line is exactly parallel to the mown grass lines across the pitch. Therefore, unless the ground staff have been on the piss, the line is not angled to favour Rashford. I'm not saying I'm not frustrated because I am, but the fact is there.

Except it's not parallel at all, is it? Have you been on the piss? 😂

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Well we couldn't get him suspended for the foul, maybe we could get him arrested for sexual assualt?

FpVoxRkXEAQcFyo?format=jpg&name=medium

Now I know why Sabitzer was wearing gloves. I’ve heard of a holding midfielder squeezing the opposition but that’s ridiculous. K D-H speaks highly of him though and Sabitzer considered him to be a handful

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who is asking these questions? 

“Why Mendy over Tielemans?” Erm why do you think!

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

They ask this stupid question but not why ward is still playing over iversen! that’s what we need asked week on week. 

I swear the majority of the media don't watch us.

Just turn up with a blinded opinion of us asking stupid question with no real meaning or insight.

8 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

8 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

image.png.14dcc3663802a3a3df1700cebec2b26b.png

These lines are parallel.

It's a perspective view, mate.

The lines on the grass and those shown on VAR are parallel.

If they were to be viewed from above you'd see that.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2