Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

Recorded the game. Turned my phone off. Rushed home to watch it excited. Got to 60 minutes and turned off. 

Unless there’s an angle that I haven’t seen, how the **** was their second goal onside?!? 🤬🤬🤬

We were bang in that game until that happened. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Rodger’s highlights how important De Gea’s two saves are for Man U but doesn’t equate that to out how not having a keeper that can make saves like that could be detrimental to our team. Fact is, if Ward was in goal for them, they would’ve been 2-0 down - Barnes’ would hit the ball straight through him and he would’ve been routed to the spot for the Iheanacho header. 

As for the Mendy Tielemans question, Youri’s 20 minute spell should’ve been more than enough to answer the question. When Tielemans came on with Soumare we looked worse. Not surprisingly (for everyone except Rodgers,) we progressed the ball way slower when the two dawdlers came on. 

I wouldnt call Tielemans a dawdler as he does try despite his obvious physical limitations. I still don’t think he commits 100% full blooded due to his eye on the exit door but he does try.

Soumare on the other hand… 

Thought we started really well, got to take the chances that come though.

Thoughts are;

1 - The red that should have been for Sabitzer. Don’t get the ‘still makes it look worse’ people. The still shows exactly where he studs him. The live footage is worse anyway as it shows he has had come side on.

2 - How the **** are Faes and Mendy booked given the standard set with Sabitzer.

3 - 2nd goal, I do like to see borderline ones given but it does look like the lines have been drawn to ensure the goal which just raises the question, why bother with VAR. 

4 - Rodgers, think he set us up well but the collapse when we faced adverse circumstances is concerning. I’d expect to see some fight and siege mentality. 

5 - Bruno Fernandes, knob.

6 - Weghorst, also a knob.

7 - Just a crap second half, just hope it doesn’t start another ‘run’….

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Thoughts are;

1 - The red that should have been for Sabitzer. Don’t get the ‘still makes it look worse’ people. The still shows exactly where he studs him. The live footage is worse anyway as it shows he has had come side on.

2 - How the **** are Faes and Mendy booked given the standard set with Sabitzer.

3 - 2nd goal, I do like to see borderline ones given but it does look like the lines have been drawn to ensure the goal which just raises the question, why bother with VAR. 

4 - Rodgers, think he set us up well but the collapse when we faced adverse circumstances is concerning. I’d expect to see some fight and siege mentality. 

Reckon if the challenge was made by our player he would be off.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Thoughts are;

I can't help but fear today ends the 'run' as opposed to the way you're talking of a run.

1st half was excellent but the 2nd half revert back to what we've been accustomed to, you have to ask yourself which was the 'norm' and which was 'out of the ordinary'.

Edited by Matt

Just now, Matt said:

I can't help but fear today ends the 'run' as opposed to the way you're talking of a run.

You have to ask yourself which was out of the ordinary. 

Of course we all fear that, but in truth Manure away and Arsenal at home aren’t really the measure. Southampton away certainly is. My hope is we can get 6 points from the 4 games left before the March international break. If we do that we will have 30 points with 11 games left and close to safety, and safety is my only ambition for this season. Well, that and another Wembley trip.

39 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Recorded the game. Turned my phone off. Rushed home to watch it excited. Got to 60 minutes and turned off. 

Unless there’s an angle that I haven’t seen, how the **** was their second goal onside?!? 🤬🤬🤬

We were bang in that game until that happened. 

I also stopped watching at that point - when they showed the ‘line’ for about a nanosecond and moved on. Sums the world up. I hate that it can still occasionally have such a negative impact on me. It’s just a game for corrupt rich people with the “authorities” totally complicit. 

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I also stopped watching at that point - when they showed the ‘line’ for about a nanosecond and moved on. Sums the world up. I hate that it can still occasionally have such a negative impact on me. It’s just a game for corrupt rich people with the “authorities” totally complicit. 

It was offside. But as much as it annoys me, we’d still have lost 2-0 because De Gea did an outstanding job, and our Danny boy didn’t.

Edited by phoneticerror

That VAR looked very dofgy.

there is no point playing Vardy anymore it just doesnt work and 2nd half rodgers didnt react to their change of approach .they barely touched the ball for 30 mins first half but made a change and we didnt react to it .

we will beat a lot of teams though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

OK the camera angle isn't great but the line is exactly parallel to the mown grass lines across the pitch. Therefore, unless the ground staff have been on the piss, the line is not angled to favour Rashford. I'm not saying I'm not frustrated because I am, but the fact is there.

Screenshot_20230219_155159_com.android.chrome.jpg

Any given point in the distance will appear to be not parallel with the focal point, It's called a "vanishing point".

image.png.eb86710ed632a4cefdcb81d2fd2c2984.png

This nonsense was supposed to be settled by going with the original decision unless there was a ‘clear and obvious error’ which patently there wasn’t in this case, but that seems to have been forgotten for some reason 

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

On a plus note, we have only got Man C to play out of the big 6 away now.

To be honest all the matches to the end of the season will be tough. Teams keep getting results, Southampton, Everton, Forest. so we need to turn up for every match. Today was never going to be easy . If you strip out the ref. V.A.R. missed chances etc. they were a bit better than us but 3-0 was flattering. It just shows you how having a striker on a hot streak like Rashford makes all the difference as we know from Vardy.

Just now, dynamark said:

That VAR looked very dofgy.

there is no point playing Vardy anymore it just doesnt work and 2nd half rodgers didnt react to their change of approach .they barely touched the ball for 30 mins first half but made a change and we didnt react to it .

we will beat a lot of teams though

He put pissing Soumare out there. Game was over as soon as he came on with Youri.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

It was offside. But as much as it annoys me, we’d still have lost 2-0 because De Gea did an outstanding job, and our Danny boy didn’t.

I blame our finishing more than our keeper. Ward is crap. Everyone knows that. But missing those chances in first half killed us.