Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man Utd 3-0 LCFC - Post-Match

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

This nonsense was supposed to be settled by going with the original decision unless there was a ‘clear and obvious error’ which patently there wasn’t but that seems to have been forgotten for some reason 

Absolutely, there is no "clear and obvious error". The decision, whether we like it or not, is correct. VAR, IMO was correct.

That said, the other decisions by VAR and/or the twat of a referee were wrong. 

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I blame our finishing more than our keeper. Ward is crap. Everyone knows that. But missing those chances in first half killed us. 

As just mentioned, I wasn’t blaming Ward 100%. Just comparing De Gea saving our best shots whilst he barely moved.

Definitely should’ve had more on target first half. Most frustrating when KDH panicked and wasted a great opportunity.

7 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

This nonsense was supposed to be settled by going with the original decision unless there was a ‘clear and obvious error’ which patently there wasn’t in this case, but that seems to have been forgotten for some reason 

Offsides have never been part of the 'clear and obvious error' guidelines as they believe them to be factual, which obviously they are not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Absolutely, there is no "clear and obvious error". The decision, whether we like it or not, is correct. VAR, IMO was correct.

That said, the other decisions by VAR and/or the twat of a referee were wrong. 

What about the fact that Rashford was simply f**king offside 😂😂 Further offside than Barnes was against Spurs

14 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I also stopped watching at that point - when they showed the ‘line’ for about a nanosecond and moved on. Sums the world up. I hate that it can still occasionally have such a negative impact on me. It’s just a game for corrupt rich people with the “authorities” totally complicit. 

Someone posted a still image of the "offside" You can look at the still image for a long time as I have done, and it's still Rashford level. 

I know it's not popular, but it's a fact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Very good football from Manchester United, showing up our defensive disorganisation. Which was masked over the past couple of games.

Defensively we wont be fixed until is a coaching change this I always maintained in the defender signing threads.

...as has been said before a good first half, and we made chances, just did not take them!!!

With the way United plays, effectively on the counter, did we approach this game correctly, as we seemed to have played into their hands.

With our recent results, more of the same would have been the byword, but we left too much space at the back for them to utilise. 

• Like 1

Defensively it was the same very aggressive touch-tight marking and high line as we saw against Spurs but the difference today is that United had the tactical flexibility to respond to it and Spurs didn’t. 

Some days that will work and we will win, other days we will be made to look a bit silly. It’s definitely a lot more exciting to watch and easier to get behind than some of the half-hearted stuff we saw earlier in the season. 

The biggest change about us in the last 3 weeks is the positivity in the way we defend and attack. In the first 20 minutes we had at least 3 attacks where we had 3-4 men in the box. For most of the last 18 months we’ve struggled to get more than 1, possibly 2 men in the box at a time.

I’m one of those people that certain posters can’t understand who wants a different manager regardless but credit where it’s due, we are at least playing in a positive and entertaining manner even if many of the same frailties continue to fail to be addressed adequately. There have been times in the last couple of years where watching us has been a complete chore but our matches are appointment viewing at the moment.

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

What about the fact that Rashford was simply f**king offside 😂😂 Further offside than Barnes was against Spurs

Mate, I'm not justifying it against the decision against Barnes. Fact are facts. They got it wrong with Barnes. They got it right with Rashford.

Simple. Painful but that's how it goes. No-one is always right just as no-one is always wrong.

Accept it and move on.

• Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

Mate, I'm not justifying it against the decision against Barnes. Fact are facts. They got it wrong with Barnes. They got it right with Rashford.

Simple. Painful but that's how it goes. No-one is always right just as no-one is always wrong.

Accept it and move on.

As I’ve said further up the thread, we’d still have lost 2-0 regardless so it would only have been a dealbreaker if we’d managed to score 2 goals. We didn’t. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dames said:

I wouldnt call Tielemans a dawdler as he does try despite his obvious physical limitations. I still don’t think he commits 100% full blooded due to his eye on the exit door but he does try.

Soumare on the other hand… 

It’s not the lack of effort it’s just Tielemans is way too slow when you are getting outfought and chasing a game. 

• Like 1

Think we have to be honest and pragmatic about today's game and ensure we learn from our clear errors, individual and collective, that cost us.

No need to overreact after two and half-ish good games. Yes, we didn't get the rub of the green with decisions but it happens and it's how we respond now. 

We played exceptionally well before their first goal, which understandably knocked us back, but we have to take our chances. The biggest error was managerial in tactically not adjusting to how they changed theirs after the break, shutting Maddison and Iheanacho down quickly and forcing us back too deep. Also, Mendy getting booked wrongly did affect him and us as he was understandably more cautious after that.

The goals were our errors really. The new defence is still fresh and needs time to gel. Hopefully, Wout can cut his silly errors. Ward got a lot of stick, maybe harshly for the first, but we need a better keeper. 

Hopefully we can learn and improve and this does not mark the start of a poor run. Next game will be hard but after that we have some very winnable ones. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

This nonsense was supposed to be settled by going with the original decision unless there was a ‘clear and obvious error’ which patently there wasn’t in this case, but that seems to have been forgotten for some reason 

Not the case on offsides. It’s either onside or offside.

So unlike the Sabitzer non red card, you can’t claim clear and obvious error as a reason not to give the goal 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I can't help but fear today ends the 'run' as opposed to the way you're talking of a run.

1st half was excellent but the 2nd half revert back to what we've been accustomed to, you have to ask yourself which was the 'norm' and which was 'out of the ordinary'.

I’m talking of the same sort of ‘run’. As you say, with previous and the confidence/mentality, it’s a concern we will revert back to pre-Villa.