Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'd like to go to Man City away (x2 tickets)

My friend who i'd get them off wont be going

I probably also wont be going as its not worth the risk going all the way to Manchester to be refused entry! 

Whilst I understand there's been some flouting of the rules to boost points, it's once again a minority spoiling something for people who genuinely do just want to get to the odd away game when their friends can't

I'm aware I could have purchased a membership last weekend but £22 with the goblin still in charge and only 11 games of use left in it, coupled with the fact I can't make a lot of saturdays due to partners work commitments... bit of a stretch :( 

No offence but as someone on below average points total this is music to my ears, hopefully this behavior spreads and results in me being able to get tickets to every away game, instead of loads of day trippers. Bearing in mind I am also guilty as I bought a pair of tickets for Spurs away from this forum for my friends.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

No offence but as someone on below average points total this is music to my ears, hopefully this behavior spreads and results in me being able to get tickets to every away game, instead of loads of day trippers. Bearing in mind I am also guilty as I bought a pair of tickets for Spurs away from this forum for my friends.

None taken. I get it and i'm certainly never going to get to your level. If I knew I had every saturday free i'd commit mate but it's just not the circumstances I have.

I get that puts me down as a 'day tripper' but I certainly don't feel that way, i've had season tickets for years until recently and gone to as many aways as poss, but just haven't been able to maintain that since about 2014 really. 

I think the club making memberships and priority better/more attractive would be the best solution all round. It's never something I want to get personal about, fair play to people who can go every week, but also fair play to people who try every possible avenue to go when they rarely get a chance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

The memberships are just another way for the club to shamelessly rip fans off. Been stated so many times that releasing on general sale doesn't mean any bod can get a ticket. They've still got all of your details; but no, the club demands £30 so that we can fund that midget's salary for another 1.736 minutes. Let that bleeding sink in.

Just how it is these days, every Prem club does it

Just to make clear this is not something just Leicester decided to do. The National Crime initiative pressured the Premier League who are working to control the brand image. Leicester may have a small problem but every club is under pressure from the top. It’s also not totally New Years ago at the Boleyn Ground my wife and I were refused entry as using someone else’s tickets. Only got in when we agreed to sign a police statement shopping the source of the tickets.

13 hours ago, Globalfox said:

It’s also not totally New Years ago at the Boleyn Ground my wife and I were refused entry as using someone else’s tickets. Only got in when we agreed to sign a police statement shopping the source of the tickets.

Nothing has ever sounded more West Ham lollol 

anyone know how anal they are on this? got tickets for Man City and aiming for Leeds but the website won't let me update my details and I got married after creating the account and double-barrelled my name, so technically I've got no ID in the name on the account, just [First Name on account] [surname on account]-[wife's family name]. wondering if I'm gonna have to take the deed poll and marriage certificate to boot lol

Edited by The Doctor

15 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

The memberships are just another way for the club to shamelessly rip fans off. Been stated so many times that releasing on general sale doesn't mean any bod can get a ticket. They've still got all of your details; but no, the club demands £30 so that we can fund that midget's salary for another 1.736 minutes. Let that bleeding sink in.

When you realise it's just a paywall to access tickets it makes much more sense. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yep, as much as I disagree with this and am annoyed by it, it'll certainly benefit me as someone who doesn't sell tickets and goes to as many games as possible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

anyone know how anal they are on this? got tickets for Man City and aiming for Leeds but the website won't let me update my details and I got married after creating the account and double-barrelled my name, so technically I've got no ID in the name on the account, just [First Name on account] [surname on account]-[wife's family name]. wondering if I'm gonna have to take the deed poll and marriage certificate to boot lol

Depends which bellend you get on the day if selected, but just contact Jim or vishal in the ticket office via email and ask them to edit your details they can do it instantly.

• Like 2

I’ve had email about possible iD checks at Palace. What exactly can you use for iD? 
I don’t drive so don’t have a driving license and really don’t want to take my passport in case I lose it. I don’t have any kind of iD card as it’s years and years since been asked my age in a pub 😭. I guess I can find somewhere that does official iD cards but will they accept it 

Well, this didn't really work away in Europe.  Don't see why they need to try it here? It's screwed me over as I sometimes get tickets for a mate who'd otherwise have no chance of going. 

Anybody thought of a way round this? Get some fake ID with my details and his photo on 🤔

7 hours ago, Mich-ol said:

I’ve had email about possible iD checks at Palace. What exactly can you use for iD? 
I don’t drive so don’t have a driving license and really don’t want to take my passport in case I lose it. I don’t have any kind of iD card as it’s years and years since been asked my age in a pub 😭. I guess I can find somewhere that does official iD cards but will they accept it 

Plenty of people don't have photo ID. Email them to check but sure you can use your bank card. 

On 23/03/2023 at 17:43, Bayfox said:

Depends which bellend you get on the day if selected, but just contact Jim or vishal in the ticket office via email and ask them to edit your details they can do it instantly.

Cheers, they've fixed it pretty much instantly. Needed to provide a photo of my ID showing my new surname but pretty straight forward.

• Like 2

Sanctions: Removal of away priority points – members agreed that ALL priority points should be removed for abuse of away tickets, but the Club is to look at mechanisms for supporters to be able to contact the Club in advance, in the event of not being able to attend with a valid reason.

45 of 100 tickets notified for in-person collection at Southampton went uncollected – Club operations team are following this up. Members suggested any sanctions from this should be communicated widely.

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What constitutes a valid reason? I buy tickets 8-10 weeks in advance sometimes and never know if I can go due to shifts. 

Are they gonna deem my reason not valid enough? lol

Rapidly falling out of love with this football club, who the **** do they think they are? 

That’s a more than valid reason I’d say it’d get taken up, bonkers if not. The not valid reasons would be some of them above. I get my mate tickets and this is stopping me point harvest for example 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I buy tickets 8-10 weeks in advance sometimes and never know if I can go due to shifts. 

I was always of the belief that away tickets went on sale around 4 weeks before the away game? 

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That’s a more than valid reason I’d say it’d get taken up, bonkers if not.

i would guess the validity would depend on how many times it is used 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That’s a more than valid reason I’d say it’d get taken up, bonkers if not. The not valid reasons would be some of them above. I get my mate tickets and this is stopping me point harvest for example 

I hope so.

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I was always of the belief that away tickets went on sale around 4 weeks before the away game? 

i would guess the validity would depend on how many times it is used 

Definitely sometimes earlier than that. Liverpool away this season must have been 7 weeks or so, I remember they went on sale ages before the actual game.

Probably be used maybe 3 times a season, so not too many times.

Should just accept returns as long as they can sell the ticket to someone else.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2

I’ve noticed that a fair few people are still offering their match tickets for sale on various Facebook LCFC ticket exchange sites. Presumably at least some, if not most, with the tickets in the same name as the FB profile of the person advertising them.
I don’t know if I’m missing something here but isn’t this madness now? Is it still possible that anyone who is a season ticket holder or member isn’t aware of the possible consequences of doing this? 

5 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I’ve noticed that a fair few people are still offering their match tickets for sale on various Facebook LCFC ticket exchange sites. Presumably at least some, if not most, with the tickets in the same name as the FB profile of the person advertising them.
I don’t know if I’m missing something here but isn’t this madness now? Is it still possible that anyone who is a season ticket holder or member isn’t aware of the possible consequences of doing this? 

Yeah probably one of densest things you could do, if not the most. Club will be up their arse in no time. 

• Like 1

The club are a joke, especially the ticket office staff. 

I lost my season ticket card and had to pay £5 for a reprint for Villa, asked them to sort Bournemouth at the same time because I don't trust them to get anything right, said they can't sort that one today. Phoned them to email a new one which they said they would but they still haven't, so I emailed them to chase and they said bare with them, still nothing...

I've had to email again this morning I shouldn't have to chase them this much! This might sound trivial but they're just so frustrating and make everything hard work. 

• Like 2