Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

I noticed that at Southampton.  Near the back behind the goal, almost a completely empty row (even though the web site had shown all tickets sold in that area).

I can understand individual seats being empty with people dropping out but not complete rows is it that club reserve tickets for players etc and they don't use them if so it's a poor show from the club again.

23 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

I can understand individual seats being empty with people dropping out but not complete rows is it that club reserve tickets for players etc and they don't use them if so it's a poor show from the club again.

How is that the clubs fault lol. Surely poor show from the players' friends/family for not turning up.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

How is that the clubs fault lol. Surely poor show from the players' friends/family for not turning up.

Stop giving the players friends/family so many tickets? There were more than enough fans looking for Brentford tickets who never got to their priority.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Stop giving the players friends/family so many tickets? There were more than enough fans looking for Brentford tickets who never got to their priority.

I am not sure how many they get for each match, but I think it is a given that if you are playing for the club you should be able to get your family and friends into the ground for free.

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I am not sure how many they get for each match, but I think it is a given that if you are playing for the club you should be able to get your family and friends into the ground for free.

But they're obviously giving too much taking away tickets from actual fans if they're not bothering to turn up. If a players friend/family want to attend, reserve a ticket beforehand so the club know how much to give out? Quite simple if you ask me rather than just giving out a handful and saying whoever wants to come can come.

Looks like the club's ID CHECK scheme is working.  And by "working", you can come up with your own interpretation.

After a full day's selling to Members, there were still 607 tickets available for the Man City away match.

Compare that to various other "big club" away matches this season:

Arsenal   (Sat 13/8/22)         - sold out at Season Ticket band
Chelsea   (Sat 27/8/22)         - sold out at Season Ticket band
Tottenham (Sat 17/9/22 on Sky)  - sold out at Season Ticket band
Liverpool (Fri 30/12/22 on Sky) - sold out at Season Ticket band
Man Utd   (Sun 19/2/23 on Sky)  - only just made Season Ticket band

None of the above got past ST priority, so Members have now been given a better chance of tickets.   Which is good in some respects.

But if we end up with unsold tickets (because the club refused to put them on General Sale), it will be an embarrassment and a disgrace.

<and before anyone says ... for General Sale you have to have a Customer Reference, so they have all your contact details.>

10 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

But they're obviously giving too much taking away tickets from actual fans if they're not bothering to turn up. If a players friend/family want to attend, reserve a ticket beforehand so the club know how much to give out? Quite simple if you ask me rather than just giving out a handful and saying whoever wants to come can come.

True you are right, but a dangerous path to go down if they start thinking like that. 45/100 did not turn up for Soton ticket checks. By your line of thinking they are giving too many tickets away to fans who cannot be arsed to turn up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It was sold out. Are you saying people are buying tickets then not bothering to go when it comes to the day? I find that crazy 

Yeah. I'm not talking one or two seats free, I'm talking sparse rows in places. All very odd. 

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

True you are right, but a dangerous path to go down if they start thinking like that. 45/100 did not turn up for Soton ticket checks. By your line of thinking they are giving too many tickets away to fans who cannot be arsed to turn up.

Agreed, but free tickets and people paying for tickets are kind of different situations.

Club staff and corporates? Is that the problem perhaps?

Who were the 'greyed out' seats for in the Leeds away sections last week?

Several days before the Sunday 'away priorities' got their go at buying tickets, there were around 260+ seats 'sold'.

I don't know how it works with box-holders, but are they given a load of seats together? And perhaps they've been flogging to mates, hence the large swathes of seats together that are empty now there are ID checks? In a way I hope this is the case, because it will mean that they aren't just targeting your average away fan. Or maybe it's club staff, and they can't be bothered to go? :dunno:

24 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Whilst I agree that players friends/family are given to many tickets, it was posted that 45 people (out of 100) failed to turn up to collect their ticket at Southampton so I don't think not bothering to turn up is soley down to players friends/family.

edit: Only just seen @grobyfox1990 response, sorry.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Whilst I agree that players friends/family are given to many tickets, it was posted that 45 people (out of 100) failed to turn up to collect their ticket at Southampton so I don't think not bothering to turn up is soley down to players friends/family.

I do agree with that but the club can't know if someone who has bought their ticket is going to turn up or not. With the free tickets, instead of dishing them out they could actually find out how many are coming and set aside tickets for them leaving more tickets for real fans.

4 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

I do agree with that but the club can't know if someone who has bought their ticket is going to turn up or not. With the free tickets, instead of dishing them out they could actually find out how many are coming and set aside tickets for them leaving more tickets for real fans.

I agree with you, just think it's difficult to implement. Not sure if you saw comments on here from many carping on about how 'it's my ticket I've got the right to do what I want with it if I can be arsed to turn up' etc etc. That logic has to extend to players and corporate tickets as well. I'm not sure how many tickets they get but they certainly deserve to get a chunk (IMO). But they should 100% crack down on where those tickets go.

PS this is from someone who has not got 800 away points, so ID checks and reducing player/corporate tickets will only benefit me if it means less Berties getting hold of tickets.

17 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

Are there people actually on 800 points?!

Blimey, I thought i was doing well on 560 - seems like I'm actually a plastic :o.

Be interesting to see who has the highest priority points on here tbf, someone get a thread started.

I reckon low 700s would probably be the maximum anyone could have?

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Be interesting to see who has the highest priority points on here tbf, someone get a thread started.

I reckon low 700s would probably be the maximum anyone could have?

9-10 seasons worth isn't it? 450 base points plus 20-25 away per season. So I would guess 700 might just be achievable.

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Problem is people have to buy tickets so far in advance, literally 8-10 weeks sometimes, people work shifts have families etc. You buy the ticket thinking you can go but then something crops up, you can’t go but you can’t return it, can’t give it away, can’t sell it on, otherwise you could get banned as it’s against their rules. 

It’s not like gigs or one off events, with 19 away games minimum every year you don’t have the annual leave at work to take them all off, so some you have to gamble being able to make it. You end up £30 down and you are doing a fan out of a ticket, but they make these stupid rules. 

Only have to use the example of the Man City game which started on sale as a Sunday 4.30pm kick off but is now Saturday 5.30pm 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

9-10 seasons worth isn't it? 450 base points plus 20-25 away per season. So I would guess 700 might just be achievable.

Yeah, the European seasons we must have had like 26/27 away games, had a few away friendlies we've gotten points for as well over the years, must be 23/24 average per season over the years.

Genuinely interested to know the max a poster on here has.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I'm about 620 and I've hardly done any aways this season so am probably 10 or so points down already this season and I hardly did any domestic aways during the CL season but was all over the aways in the championship, great escape and title season so I'd day yeah 700 or a fraction above would be about the max.

15 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

See I find this odd for numerous reasons.

Firstly I will say I've seen several injured/suspended players in out away ends over the years, mainly when things are going well. 

And that's great for a bond between fans, players club.

However, bearing in mind the world we live in they and their families are likely to also be a target for abuse. 

So therefore I find it odd that away clubs don't provide seats or maybe boxes for the opposing club. Surely they would be better off there anyway. Away from any cause of trouble.

Jannicks parents and sister were in the away end at randers for example. Now they have taken tickets away from fans but also he's not exactly the most popular down here. Surely his family would have been better served being in the corporate section of the home side.

For all the talk of rights and wrongs to the away scheme the fact we lose 100s of ticket to box holders, staff and players friends and family isn't right, doesn't sit well with me that you are on millions a year and your family still get massive perks even tho you are just passing through

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JakeBlue119 said:

Talking to a mate about this earlier .. the ones being checked, are they more likely to be the higher points brackets (due to these potentially more likely to buy them and re sell as they get first access to get the points) or is it completely random 

The club say it is targeted, ie people.they suspect are selling on.

And they argue the fact 45 from the 100 selected at Southampton proves that theory that they know or suspect certain people as they know names and faces but aren't seeing those people at away games currently.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bayfox said:

See I find this odd for numerous reasons.

Firstly I will say I've seen several injured/suspended players in out away ends over the years, mainly when things are going well. 

And that's great for a bond between fans, players club.

However, bearing in mind the world we live in they and their families are likely to also be a target for abuse. 

So therefore I find it odd that away clubs don't provide seats or maybe boxes for the opposing club. Surely they would be better off there anyway. Away from any cause of trouble.

Jannicks parents and sister were in the away end at randers for example. Now they have taken tickets away from fans but also he's not exactly the most popular down here. Surely his family would have been better served being in the corporate section of the home side.

For all the talk of rights and wrongs to the away scheme the fact we lose 100s of ticket to box holders, staff and players friends and family isn't right, doesn't sit well with me that you are on millions a year and your family still get massive perks even tho you are just passing through

True, a good compromise would be tickets in the home section. They’re playing on the pitch, they should be allowed to bring some friends/family to watch them play whether they’re passing the club through or not. We all get perks at our employers and if you don’t you’ve prob got a sh1t employer.

I'd like to go to Man City away (x2 tickets)

My friend who i'd get them off wont be going

I probably also wont be going as its not worth the risk going all the way to Manchester to be refused entry! 

Whilst I understand there's been some flouting of the rules to boost points, it's once again a minority spoiling something for people who genuinely do just want to get to the odd away game when their friends can't

I'm aware I could have purchased a membership last weekend but £22 with the goblin still in charge and only 11 games of use left in it, coupled with the fact I can't make a lot of saturdays due to partners work commitments... bit of a stretch :( 

Edited by AjcW