Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTayfour

Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers - "FA Cup 5th Round"

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I'll happily take getting knocked out of this cup if Rodgers goes tonight.  Something has got to give.  It can't carry on like this.  Our football has been shit for 2 years.  2 sodding years!! 

It just isn't going to happen, he gets til the end of the season regardless. If we go down, he walks. If we stay up, he leaves "mutually" with a negotiated payout and his somehow unbreakable reputation in tact.

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Our insistence on always letting the opposition get 11 men behind the ball before we attack, and then asking Amartey to unpick them, is really starting to grate.

Yep. He's so slow when we win the ball. He'll lumber around a turn, put his foot on it, have a look, move it to his right foot then square it 3 yards to Wout.

Faes at least makes up yards to the hallway line. Ricardo's picked some lovely forward passes. Souttar and Kristiansen are always looking to progress quickly. 

We need to be much quicker playing out if we're going to score tonight. It's a shame KDH hasn't got the quality to complete his passes because he does carry the ball well.

What odds will I get on no changes at half time

Edited by Bourbon Fox

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

back to square one when we go down and vardy leaves all because we didn't sack the manager when we had the chance (about 6 months ago)

Agree but honestly feel a part of him is done with football, even when we had bad managers before he gave it his all but just feels like he ain't bothered anymore not in a negative way but hia fire is fading away 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

This is the kind of shit that pisses me off, it’s like they try and speak it into existence to support their mate. Every media outlet will look at the performance so far tonight and see Rodgers let down by his players and the club.

Exactly this.

Noticed he's built quite a few friends in relevant places in TV and print media. Seems to utilise them when needed too.

Anyone notice how Paul Merson said he has his number when he needed to contact Maguire?

Absolutely no coincidence whatsoever that Merson was banging the drum about how lucky we are to have him and how any of the top 6 should go for him. 

Not that anyone listens to Paul Merson.

• Thanks 1

Just now, brookfox said:

Unpopular opinion but Soumare has been far from our worst player. One complete brain fart when he flicked it on the edge of his own box but don’t think he’s been dreadful.

For someone playing as a more defensive side in a double pivot, he doesn’t offer anywhere near enough defensive solidity

• Like 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

Coached out of him?

He's been here a month. 

He's just shit.

He had one good game on his debut and that is it… I’m struggling to see the quality here. Yes he might beat a player or two but he loses the ball a lot, and struggles to provide any type of end product. 

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Blackburn have done that and shown how to do it. 

Difference being the actually go forward, don't loiter on it, recycling it.

Meanwhile, 'control' :brendan:

That said, I have seen some orrible', route one, 'anti-football', hoofs from Blackburn too. It's called mixing it up. But the purist, elitest, football snobs wouldn't wanna see that of course.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Not saying I completely called this...but I completely called this.

This is a nailed-on relegation side persisting with fvckwit tactics from an utter spanner of a manager.

Yep, sadly, the same... and I have predicted an embarrising performance / loss to Southampton. Unless he goes, but Top loves the man for some reason 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, brookfox said:

Unpopular opinion but Soumare has been far from our worst player. One complete brain fart when he flicked it on the edge of his own box but don’t think he’s been dreadful.

Don’t forget though that this is Championship standard opposition. Good players, on form, would clearly show they are better than this tonight. To say that Soumare hasn’t been awful about sums it up really.