Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Blackburn 2-1 loss post match

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

I dunno, maybe my memory isn’t all that but I can’t remember as bad a performance from a City side as that first 70 minutes at the KP. That was as bad as it gets.

Rodgers is clueless but you can’t legislate for performances like we’ve just seen from the likes of Thomas and Soumare. They’re shit but fvcking hell that was something else.

Team full of losers. Losers gonna lose.

Bodgers is so clueless that he still claps THAT performance!!! 

That team tonight against any Premiership team would have been creamed. Well done to Blackburn for having the spirit to win, something that we lost a long time back.

Seriously not looking forward to the long trip to Southampton if that team tonight is going to turn up…

Edited by Balders65
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I dunno, maybe my memory isn’t all that but I can’t remember as bad a performance from a City side as that first 70 minutes at the KP. That was as bad as it gets.

I’d call it one of the most frustrating performance I’ve seen from a City team. It brought back memories of us in a replay v Huddersfield when Nige was having to use Sven’s misfits 

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It's the team sheet that was the problem more so than the tactics and then making no changes at ht was just unforgivable. Any decent manager at ht in that game makes changes for 2 reasons. 

1. To change the game back in our favour. 

2. Make the substituted players aware that their utterly shite performances won't be tolerated. 

Amartey, Thomas and Soumare should have all been hooked and never seen again in a leicester shirt..

I agree with you on that. I was so surprised no changes came at half time. Problem is that if you pick up an injury to a key player then this is the crap you'll be stuck with for the rest of the season so I can see why he rotated it

21 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

First of all. Well done Blackburn cos they have a manager there that clearly does his home work and can clearly knit a team together. That’s with at least four of their first choice XI missing. 

That’s me done with Rodgers regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.

He’s just threw away one bit of excitement in the season. Tonight was a perfect example where he’s so rigid in tactics and then makes a change which completely blunts us with twenty to go. 

It’s the repeated errors time and time again. 

If we don’t win six games, it’s our poorest season at this level since Pearson brought us. Now when you compare the squads on paper now, that’s eye watering bad 

Pearson built a team with heart and fight, and in that respect, his squad was better. We might be technically better now, but the team and squad are so soft that I would 100% bet on Pearson's Leicester beating Rodgers - doubley if it was a crunch relegation decider.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What a useless sack of shit that was. 

Took an hour to do anything worthwhile. Even at 2 down, we showed little to no urgency. 

It's so, so underwhelming. This was a perfect chance to get some confidence. Not sure if we underestimated them or what, but it was so far removed from what I thought would be a good night to advance. 

Thomas was nowhere near good enough. 

Amartey proved he still isn't good enough. 

Vardy is past it, for sure, sadly. 

Why did Tete come off? Got in to the game, helped set up the goal and then gets taken off? 

Utterly disappointing. Considering this competition may have been the thing saving Rodgers to be in  a job to get some silverware, I'm not sure what use there is in keeping him. 

None whatsoever 

1 minute ago, Domsdad said:

Not one player in that team knows how to make a tackle! We are the weakest team in the league both physically and mentally and that’s all down to one person. He has to go.

Funny, I could've sworn Faes made the tackle of the year on Kane a couple of weeks ago. Keep some perspective.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

So what's the solution? Hoof it up top to vardy? We didn't even have to be good to beat them, their press was so bad it only took one pass and it took about 4 of their players out the game. But we didn't have a single player on the pitch who could take the ball under pressure. And some of those players should be nowhere near the Premier league if they can't do basic things like that

Actually start players who can execute the way you want to play. Mendy is so much better on the ball than every midfielder that started today. Dont play Thomas or Amartey who cannot pass and are prone to brain farts. There becomes a point where as a manager you have to play to the abilities of the players you have. 

• Like 2

to be honest the only players i would keep in the summer are 

christianson

ricardo

faes

souttar

justin

mendy 

barnes

daka ( still think he can come good) 

tete ( think he will do ok when hes settled)

nacho ( yes he fumbles a lot but seems to have more passion and intensity than anyone else 

youri and madders will be off 

• Like 1

Long time follower of this forum, first comments in a while. 

Soumare is a getting a lot of stick tonight but I lost count of how many times KDH gave the ball away, so poor he was tonight. He looked good a few weeks back.

Mendy and Nacho have got to start, Mendy did more in 5 minutes than Soumare.

Hopefully we can scrape a few wins tighter and survive.

• Like 1

Just now, shen said:

Funny, I could've sworn Faes made the tackle of the year on Kane a couple of weeks ago. Keep some perspective.

Interesting that you bring up 1 tackle that happened 2 games ago. Our players do not know how to tackle, we are so easy to dribble past