Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Blackburn 2-1 loss post match

27 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

No coincidence that the commentators mention that Barnes suddenly became more of a threat after Thomas has left the pitch.

Where is the fire before they enter the pitch?

I’m still sick of Barnes refusing to play the ball on the overlap. Fair he never did it with Thomas because he knows he can’t produce anything but there was at least one good opportunity to knock it to Kristianson and he just came back inside and knocked to KDH and then back to Faes

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Not sure why Souttar and Kristiansen were left out. Seems odd messing with the defence like that. They surely can't be tired.

A new defence that would benefit from match time together to gel further and gain confidence, and a chance to integrate Ricardo into the set.

Utterly amazing decision to chop it up and throw in Thomas and Amartey.

1 minute ago, dorsetboy said:

to be honest the only players i would keep in the summer are 

christianson

ricardo

faes

souttar

justin

mendy 

barnes

daka ( still think he can come good) 

tete ( think he will do ok when hes settled)

nacho ( yes he fumbles a lot but seems to have more passion and intensity than anyone else 

youri and madders will be off 

Wouldn't keep both Ricardo and Justin with their injury records, not sure I would keep Daka think He has had his chance. Still waiting on Tete. Probably keep KDH I think the championship will suit him

Just now, Harry96 said:

Soumare should never play again he’s ****ing bobbins 

That back heel he did in defense when in trouble straight into our box was absolutely criminal. Who does that kinda sheizer? Wwe're under the kosh, be smart and get the ball out of danger not put it into even more danger. Flippin heck he's supposed to be a pro footballer. it's like his brain regressed to U12 school boy level again.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Rodgers went full FM panic mode of 3 up front and very attacking and just like on FM nothing changed.

BR never played FM in his life. 100h in FM would have made him a better manager. Sion (Switzerland) chairman is taking over the team as a manager for the next 2 games. These managers are clueless. They need to be at £10p/h. They're absolutely useless. 

9 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

So what's the solution? Hoof it up top to vardy? We didn't even have to be good to beat them, their press was so bad it only took one pass and it took about 4 of their players out the game. But we didn't have a single player on the pitch who could take the ball under pressure. And some of those players should be nowhere near the Premier league if they can't do basic things like that

I agree with alot of what you're saying but the state of our squad is in part down to Rodgers. He brought Congerton in who over saw the signings of many of the shite players you refer to, clogged our wage bill with dross like Vestergaard and Bertrand to the point where we would have been breaching ffp rules next season meaning we had no investment last summer. Rodgers isn't the only problem at the club but he is a huge problem and is a large part of why we are where we are. 

Just now, leicesterlad1989 said:

Actually start players who can execute the way you want to play. Mendy is so much better on the ball than every midfielder that started today. Dont play Thomas or Amartey who cannot pass and are prone to brain farts. There becomes a point where as a manager you have to play to the abilities of the players you have. 

But you don't even have to have that much ability. It's really simple stuff and i just cant believe how bad some of the palyers were tonight. I'm with you that it would have been better to start our strongest 11 but I've seen alot of people on here criticising our injury record under Rodgers because he doesn't rotate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

BR never played FM in his life. 100h in FM would have made him a better manager. Sion (Switzerland) chairman is taking over the team as a manager for the next 2 games. These managers are clueless. They need to be at £10p/h. They're absolutely useless. 

Not sure if the Sion example is a joke but their owner is renowned for being a bit erratic isn't he 😂

12 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I really don’t like Rodgers but matches like tonight aren’t all on him. 

He’s set the team out (probably the wrong team) & they’ve not been aggressive enough from the start - you can blame him for that. 

You can’t blame him for the complete brain farts that Amartey & Iversen have put together

Yes you can...he picked them for the starting 11..

It doesn't take a genius to see (and we have all witnessed it so far this season) that Amartey will never be a defender as long as he has a hole in his arse.

Also.

He picked Soumare to start.

He picked Thomas to start

He didn't start Iheanacho (when he should)

He didn't start Mendy (when he should)

He sets the tactics (slow, negative devoid of any forward intent, with a heavy dose of pass the hell out of it BrendanBall. Until the final 20 mins when it's too late)

He's in charge of motivating the players and getting them to show some fight and desire.

EVERYTHING above Rodgers is in charge of, is in the sphere of his control, and most importantly responsible for.

Tonight and the sh1t that's been served up for the past 20 Months due to similar problems as listed above is ALL on Rodgers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

That back heel he did in defense when in trouble straight into our box was absolutely criminal. Who does that kinda sheizer? Wwe're under the kosh, be smart and get the ball out of danger not put it into even more danger. Flippin heck he's supposed to be a pro footballer. it's like his brain regressed to U12 school boy level again.

And when you thought it couldn't get any worse, he made no attempt to make up for his mistake and try and run back in. It was this point I'd totally given up on him and feel he should never play for us again 

5 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I’m still sick of Barnes refusing to play the ball on the overlap. Fair he never did it with Thomas because he knows he can’t produce anything but there was at least one good opportunity to knock it to Kristianson and he just came back inside and knocked to KDH and then back to Faes

A habit from playing with Thomas I reckon. I’m sure I recall he often did it with Justin and so hopefully he will soon restore faith in his left back and start doing it again.