Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Blackburn 2-1 loss post match

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

Without Iverson in goal and Blackburn missing countless sitters, we should have lost by 7 or 8 goals.  

Abysmal effort.

As for our goal, there is nothing there to celebrate at all.  Everyone in the ground should have been fuming regardless.  

Agreed!

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I agree with alot of what you're saying but the state of our squad is in part down to Rodgers. He brought Congerton in who over saw the signings of many of the shite players you refer to, clogged our wage bill with dross like Vestergaard and Bertrand to the point where we would have been breaching ffp rules next season meaning we had no investment last summer. Rodgers isn't the only problem at the club but he is a huge problem and is a large part of why we are where we are. 

Yeah, I get it. He had one bad transfer window and that seems to have lost alot of the fans. But by Premier League standards we didn't spend that much money in that window. And considering he's been at the club 4 years, I think only 3 players that he signed started tonight- Faes and Tete, who were probably 2 of the better players, and Soumare who shouldn't play for us again. That should tell you all you need to know about how the squad has been allowed to stagnate 

11 minutes ago, Domsdad said:

Interesting that you bring up 1 tackle that happened 2 games ago. Our players do not know how to tackle, we are so easy to dribble past

This is so true.  A committed, solid, full-blooded tackle is a rare event from our team.This is why we so rarely come away with the ball in 50-50s.

• Like 1

As a competent manager you have to be able to recognise when you’re being outdone in every department. Not play the sentimental game of giving fringe players game time because it’s a cup game. Ten Haag is a prime example of this, against barcelona drags Weghorst at half-time because he knows he needs to change the style of play. Any half decent manager would’ve realised something had to be done at half-time in that game, to do nothing is unforgivable and exactly that happened… nothing changed. 

Thomas is absolutely nowhere near the level, even for a backup left back. Soumare, how can you keep consistently making the same mistake? Within the space of 20minutes of play? Amartey, love ya but you’ve been trying risky passes like that for seasons now and people are at the end of their tether with it.

Was actually looking forward to heading Southampton on Saturday as don’t get to go to as many games as I used to since I relocated. What a pisser todays put on it. 

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

We are so easy for teams to get at. Thomas looks like a young boy playing against men. Soumare and Amartey should be binned. Kel should start as should Mendy. The Blackburn lads were picking it up in midfield and passing through us. 

Our midfield is a disgrace. Every opposition team walks through our midfield.

• Like 1

Only one team.looked like the Premier league team.

One team showed bottle and fight.

One team should have been 3/4 up.

One team showed how to play football.

And it wasnt us.

Credit to Blsckburn fans too for the noise.

We are a recking shambles, from the queue getting into the ground to the performance.

SH1T

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

First twenty minutes of second half a disgrace they should be ashamed, simply not good enough. That aside a good game to watch, the best team won on the day. Really I been saying this for so long, fook off Codgers! 

First 70 mins more like. Could easily of been 5 down. Someone said they made 6 changes

12 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Yes you can...he picked them for the starting 11..

It doesn't take a genius to see (and we have all witnessed it so far this season) that Amartey will never be a defender as long as he has a hole in his arse.

Also.

He picked Soumare to start.

He picked Thomas to start

He didn't start Iheanacho (when he should)

He didn't start Mendy (when he should)

He sets the tactics (slow, negative devoid of any forward intent, with a heavy dose of pass the hell out of it BrendanBall. Until the final 20 mins when it's too late)

He's in charge of motivating the players and getting them to show some fight and desire.

EVERYTHING above Rodgers is in charge of, is in the sphere of his control, and most importantly responsible for.

Tonight and the sh1t that's been served up for the past 20 Months due to similar problems as listed above is ALL on Rodgers. 

Totally agree why leave Thomas on with a yellow card for the second half they were skinning him all through first half he couldt handle them was at fault the second imo then takes him off after Rodgers out!

That match served to highlight 6 things:

Why Thomas and Amartey were dropped

Why Soumare doesn't play much

How badly we miss any sort of creativity without Maddison or even Tielemans

That we are a better team with Kelechi in it

That we only have 2 wingers in our entire 25 man squad

Oh and that we are not very good.

• Like 2

I know that there has been so much competition for the award but their second goal must surely be the most comical goal we've conceded this season. Thomas needlessly loses possession, Soumaré then falls over whilst making a challenge before their attacker wins tackles against not one but 2 of our defenders in their own box to find himself clean through. For a pro team at any level that is so, so bad. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Mendy is actually our best DM at the moment, Ndidi has totally gone down hill and Soumare doesn’t have a clue what is going on 

I don't think Soumare is a DM. He can't tackle, and perhaps is really a ball carrier, which isn't a style that fits our team.

I blame crap coaching. We know a lot if these players can be better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not sure if the Sion example is a joke but their owner is renowned for being a bit erratic isn't he 😂

Yes he is. So what? He had enough with all these managers. There are thousands of our fans out there that can do a better job than BR. My point is clear. At least 70% of PL managers don't have any tactical knowledge of the sport. If you can prove it otherwise here I am. Overpaid, clueless people. I had enough, sorry for the rant. 

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Well done to Blackburn, thought they were excellent - payback for lending them George Hirst 🤣.  Got what we deserved for an abject display. It’s hard to like this team, it has well and truly reached the end of its cycle. Massive summer ahead 

All we need to do now is stay up ,Southampton away Saturday must win ,shiw dome passion and aggression please 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes he is. So what? He had enough with all these managers. There are thousands of our fans out there that can do a better job than BR. My point is clear. At least 70% of PL managers don't have any tactical knowledge of the sport. If you can prove it otherwise here I am. Overpaid, clueless people. I had enough, sorry for the rant. 

I'm not a Rodgers fan but I don't think using Sion as an example is a particularly positive one.

Absolute no identity as a team.
set pieces that are just balls put in the box with no pre worked idea.

Amartey  to Faes…Faes to Amartey and so on..

Thomas could have and should have been pulled off after 20mins..

BR then had the opportunity to make changes at HT.. But no, same 11 took to the pitch and the initial 10 mins was a calamity.

bar KDH, there was no heart in that team tonight..