Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Blackburn 2-1 loss post match

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I know that there has been so much competition for the award but their second goal must surely be the most comical goal we've conceded this season. Thomas needlessly loses possession, Soumaré then falls over whilst making a challenge before their attacker wins tackles against not one but 2 of our defenders in their own box to find himself clean through. For a pro team at any level that is so, so bad. 

I agree, it was a bit farcical.

But if Rodgers hadn't had a selection brain fart and not played Thomas, Soumare and Amartey, (who I think was one of the chuckle brothers you mentioned their striker won tackles against), then it could have been a little different.

But in all fairness there was so much more that Rodgers, and the players, they're not totally blameless this evening, got so, so wrong

Edited by Guppys Love Child

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

The 10 minutes after we went 2-0 down were a joke. Blackburn had their tails up, and we continued to try to play out of defence, with Iverson doing 5 yard passes to Faes and Amartey. We couldn't get it out of our half for a good 10 minutes, didn't change our style, and Blackburn could have scored another 3 goals.

We just don't have the players to play the way Rodgers wants us to. I'm sick of us passing it from good positions all the way back to Amartey, and then expecting him to magically start a move that breaks down a well organised team who have had plenty of time to get everyone back into position.

Rodgers brought those players in. It's all on him

• Like 1

Terrible management. Surely no one plays your 3 worst players at the same time and then replaces them with 1st teamers! What’s the point of that? You should always play your best team  from the off, then bring players on when you’re winning. We’ve not rested anyone for the weekend and we’ll be down on confidence for a very important game, and I bet Luke Thomas’s confidence is completely shattered, cheers Brendan. We’ve got a team of pampered lightweights that train in the most luxurious hotel in the country. That training ground is gonna fvck us right up.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

Was looking ominous after 10 mins tbh.  They played with far more urgency and positivity - we must have trebled their ‘back pass’ stats. I’ve never understood why a fullback or winger runs forward 20 yards and then passes back 30 yards. Utterly negative football and got what we deserved. I’ve always tried to be positive about our club but today was an embarrassment.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

Rodgers had the chance to fix it at half time and didn't bother.

Soumare, Thomas and Amartey should never play again, they're all league two players. 

Kdh was embarrassingly shit and needs to sort his shit out also. 

I want the clown out now, deserves to go for that performance 

Naively I fully expected at least 2 of those 3 subbed at half time.

This guy is one of the highest paid managers in world football, he’s

stinking the place out.

• Like 2

Missed the game tonight. Not too sad about it. 

Might misplace my ticket for Saturday. What a mess. 

The only saving grace is that it’s probably easier to play against Southampton than Blackburn. Sounds mad that I know, but a team rock bottom is more likely to fold than a team towards the top end of the championship. 

20 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

The 10 minutes after we went 2-0 down were a joke. Blackburn had their tails up, and we continued to try to play out of defence, with Iverson doing 5 yard passes to Faes and Amartey. We couldn't get it out of our half for a good 10 minutes, didn't change our style, and Blackburn could have scored another 3 goals.

We just don't have the players to play the way Rodgers wants us to. I'm sick of us passing it from good positions all the way back to Amartey, and then expecting him to magically start a move that breaks down a well organised team who have had plenty of time to get everyone back into position.

Rodgers thinks he is Pep and has the players Pep has. You just knew Blackburn would be in our faces yet we are sodding about at the back. Would could have been 4 down inside an hour. We have no grit and bite.

Personally my dislike for the fraud would diminish by 1% if he came out and said : " my fault".

Dont think my dislike will be lessening anytime soon.

Bored with the get rid Rodgers out appeals now because they are just futile, this con man is here to stay - even when Soton beat us on Saturday.

(Doubtless with Ward in goal to help them).

• Like 1

Not only did I have to watch a spineless, no idea, a game with no passion or creativity. It took me 50 minutes to get to the game, was late for the game due to queues outside the ground, took me another 40 minutes to get back. But my engine management light came up on my car and then the car went into limp mode! . 

The defending for their goals was atrocious. Blackburn deserved that victory. We are so poor and look like a team heading for relegation. Nothing much more to say. 

On a positive note- I did find £1 in my pocket after the game

65 minutes of absolute dross, very very lucky to be only two nil down and have even a sniff of getting back into the game. 

A total lack of respect for the fans and the opposition in picking that side. We got what we deserved. 

What an abject, passive embarrassing performance again it wasn’t until we scored that they seem to realise it wasn’t a training session.

It was like Blitzkrieg against an unprepared army.

The Blackburn players were continually talking and encouraging each other ours looked like they just met for thr first time.

I swear some of our players must have known the Blackburn players, well they kept passing the ball to them.