Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Blackburn 2-1 loss post match

30 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I'm not a Rodgers fan but I don't think using Sion as an example is a particularly positive one.

Are you getting my point? It has nothing to do with Sion and their lunatic chairman. It's Blackburn. You're setting the team right away on a diamond with Iheanacho and Vardy up front and you kill the game in the first 30min. Ndidi in from the start. 

38 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes he is. So what? He had enough with all these managers. There are thousands of our fans out there that can do a better job than BR. My point is clear. At least 70% of PL managers don't have any tactical knowledge of the sport. If you can prove it otherwise here I am. Overpaid, clueless people. I had enough, sorry for the rant. 

Just out of interest, why do you think 70% at the top level of an elite sport don’t understand the tactics of that sport??? 

What was the reason these people were employed by 14 different premier league clubs??

Im so mad at what I saw tonight to even read through anything post match.. awful the first 60 mins, can’t believe he didn’t change the line up at half time.. who was the championship side tonight?? 

Like Thomas is bullshit, get him out of the club!! They’ve got no confidence going into Southampton.. gutless tonight apart from last 20 mins.. 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Just had a thought this could have been Grimsby or Fleetwood beating us!

With the way things are going, give it 2 years and it will be.

There are no excuses for tonight’s shit show. Blackburn fully deserved to win. Fair play to them.

Can we somehow persuade Chelsea to do a manager swap? I think we need someone like Potter to completely rebuild the team and restore some backbone, grit and aggression. We are far too soft and have been for ages.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Im so mad at what I saw tonight to even read through anything post match.. awful the first 60 mins, can’t believe he didn’t change the line up at half time.. who was the championship side tonight?? 

Like Thomas is bullshit, get him out of the club!! They’ve got no confidence going into Southampton.. gutless tonight apart from last 20 mins.. 

Bloody football.

That performance made me feel bad. Headache, restless and pointless grumbles about that bloody awful first hour or so with Mrs. FFF. She has no interest in football whatsoever but I had to get it off my chest somehow.

Manager and players can’t even do the basics right, add to that the lack of heart and steel then things will only go one way.

It seems we are on one of BR’s disastrous runs again and Southampton will come flying out of the blocks at us on Saturday.

We are weak minded and a soft touch.

I’d go for.

Ward

Castagne

Soutter

Faes

Kristiansen

Mendy

KDH

Praet 😩

Barnes

Tete 

Nacho

1 minute ago, melrose said:

He has always put a strong side out for the cup in the past

Why not tonight?

Baffling.

As some said you'd surely want your new back 4 playing as often as possible!

• Like 1

Absolutely atrocious

I have stuck up for Luke Thomas many a time but the lad is so out of his depth it's untrue, him and Harvey have no idea how to play alongside each other, no over lapping runs, ball in the middle of the park, all the space in the world for Harvey to run into and he just stands still 

Amartey, beyond laughable now, the man is so so bad 

Felt KDH was terrible, misplaced passes, running aimlessly with the ball, although I guess that's all you can do when literally no one is running into space 

God knows we all love Vards but he looks so past it now, no hunger, fight, aggression in him anymore, genuinely believe the whole court mess with his Mrs has taken it's toll 

Would say stick with Iversen for Saturday but it we all know calamity Dan will be back in goal 

It was absolutely pathetic tonight, how anyone can moan about the atmosphere when we are getting served up that s**t week in week out I don't know 

If I was a betting man I would put my house on us going down, such a spineless bunch we have out on the pitch 

The downward spiral really is scary

• Like 2

Rightly Rodgers gets a lot of flack for tonight but some of those players need to have a hard look at themselves if they think they’re good enough. Our back up options are really poor and that showed again. Let’s not forget Blackburn themselves were without some strong players too.

We’re unbelievably easy to set up against, push tight against our back line and we’ll bugger up passing it around, and mark out Barnes cause he’s largely our only real attacking threat (or was tonight). 

If we lose on Saturday we’re absolutely doomed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Just out of interest, why do you think 70% at the top level of an elite sport don’t understand the tactics of that sport??? 

What was the reason these people were employed by 14 different premier league clubs??

Because it's a fact this "elite" sport is run by corrupted agents who promote the same useless managers over and over again. Where do you see the top level? I still believe that 70% of the PL managers are tactically rubbish and if you want I'm more than happy in another thread to prove it to you. Just give me the name of one of our fans on this forum who would set up the team like BR did. You won't find a single one. 

I’m Rodgers in, but why the **** did he start Amartey and Thomas tonight? We’ve seen over the last two seasons that starting both of them weakens us significantly, he maybe could have got away with one or the other. 

Not only that, but it was obvious at half time that he should have took Thomas off for Kristiansen and Praet off for Iheanacho, why wait until the hour mark/when we’re 2-0 down?? I don’t understand his decision making tonight. 

Furthermore, please for the love of god don’t give Amartey a new contract in the summer. 

6 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

I’m Rodgers in, but why the **** did he start Amartey and Thomas tonight? We’ve seen over the last two seasons that starting both of them weakens us significantly, he maybe could have got away with one or the other. 

Not only that, but it was obvious at half time that he should have took Thomas off for Kristiansen and Praet off for Iheanacho, why wait until the hour mark/when we’re 2-0 down?? I don’t understand his decision making tonight. 

Furthermore, please for the love of god don’t give Amartey a new contract in the summer. 

Hes a reactive manager, top managers like Ten Hag would of changed it at half time. Rodgers has a plan regarding substitutions before the game has even started and sticks to it down to a tee regardless of the scoreline. One of the reasons he will never be an elite manager because he doesnt have in game management to be able to react to how the game is playing out

Edited by South Shire Fox

5 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

How on earth?! :blink:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Why?

Please enlighten us...  (Honestly, its a genuine question, what are your actual reasons to keep him?)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes a reactive manager, top managers like Ten Hag would of changed it at half time. Rodgers has a plan regarding substitutions before the game has even started and sticks to it down to a tee regardless of the scoreline. One of the reasons he will never be an elite manager because he doesnt have in game management to be able to react to how the game is playing out

Yeah I agree, he clearly is a great coach but falls short in certain areas that have cost us time and time again. 

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

How on earth?! :blink:

Mostly because I don’t think we’ll get any better and probably affinity to past glories. No excuses for tonight though, he got it completely wrong. 

I worry about next season, we need to make some good signings. 

I also think a lot of this team just simply isn’t good enough, not sure anyone could get a tune out of some of these lads. Doesn’t matter what tactics we employ we should be turning Blackburn Rovers over at home regardless. 

Really disappointed in Rodgers and players tonight. 

Edit: @Guppys Love Childsee above. Could go into further detail but just don’t have the energy after watching that. Im ****ed off with Rodgers and all of them tonight, too, so probably won’t give a balanced account. 

Edited by Pete52

Just now, Pete52 said:

Yeah I agree, he clearly is a great coach but falls short in certain areas that have cost us time and time again. 

Mostly because I don’t think we’ll get any better and probably affinity to past glories. No excuses for tonight though, he got it completely wrong. 

I worry about next season, we need to make some good signings. 

I also think a lot of this team just simply isn’t good enough, not sure anyone could get a tune out of some of these lads. Doesn’t matter what tactics we employ we should be turning Blackburn Rovers over at home regardless. 

Really disappointed in Rodgers and players tonight. 

He's been here 4 years. It's a squad he's assembled! Why do people talk as if he's been dealt a tough hand?

• Like 4

The big problem is that we continue to try to play a style of football that our players are not suited too.

That starting back 4 is not comfortable enough in possession to beat a high press. 

Players like Thomas and Amartey look out of place attempting to play 1-2 touch football under pressure. 

This result falls at the feet of Brendan. He decides the way that the team play and should adjust styles to suit the personell available. 

• Like 1