Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Blackburn 2-1 loss post match

59 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Are you getting my point? It has nothing to do with Sion and their lunatic chairman. It's Blackburn. You're setting the team right away on a diamond with Iheanacho and Vardy up front and you kill the game in the first 30min. Ndidi in from the start. 

Ndidi 🤣

Just now, foxfanazer said:

He's been here 4 years. It's a squad he's assembled! Why do people talk as if he's been dealt a tough hand?

And @Samilktray , sorry, probably not worded it best way/thinking of the bigger picture. Just thinking about tonight after watching that and being pissed off. 

Either way it’s not been good enough from Rodgers, the players and everyone involved for a while.

Maddison is the only one who can keep his head high, and hence why he’s likely going to get his big move in the summer. 

This feels like the end for Rodgers but I guess he will need to maintain his and our reputation by saving us from relegation. Lose on Saturday and we’re right in the mire again. 

What is it with these players? At home, out thought, outfought and outplayed by a side with more injury excuses than us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes Ndidi. Do we have a better DMF that I'm not aware of? Have you seen the stats of Soumare and Mendy compared to Ndidi's? He's miles ahead in tackles, interceptions, battles won. 

He was, but he’s not been the same player for a while now unfortunately, not sure what difference he could have made today. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

This is why you don’t fanny about with the team.

In the cups this season, we’ve gotten past five League One / Two teams. What the **** made him think that we could make several changes and beat Blackburn? That’s not being negative. It’s knowing that Soumare, Thomas and Amartey should never wear a Leicester shirt again. I’m sick of watching these dossers **** about every week and still get game time. How many other clubs persist with such dross? 

We’ve properly ****ed up an easy cup run and have lost to the first half decent opposition (like we did in the carabao Cup). Blackburn could’ve been 4/5-0 up and that’s not exaggerating. 

Spot on with the players you've picked out. The lack of effort from Soumare was yet again unforgivable.

The arrogance to think anything less than our first 11 is good enough to win games like this at the minute is astounding. 

There's a complete lack of incentive for the players who do come in too. Not that they should need anything less than professional pride, but we've seen that is long gone in football now. 

Just a disgrace. Yet again. It is unforgivable to end up relegated with this squad and from where we were but for the first time I think it could happen now.

13 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes Ndidi. Do we have a better DMF that I'm not aware of? Have you seen the stats of Soumare and Mendy compared to Ndidi's? He's miles ahead in tackles, interceptions, battles won. 

Mendy. We arent living in a time warp, Ndidi has been gash for years. Its always better having a player on your side who doesnt have two left feet and moves like hes carrying a wardrobe on his back

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Buggsteam said:

GET THAT FOOKING CLOWN RODGERS OUT OF OUR CLUB NOW. 

Absolutely appalling display. 
Didn’t take the cup seriously and that will have a massive effect on confidence loosing to a championship team AGAIN in a cup. 

We scrambled past 2 div 2 teams in round 3 and 4 so I guess  it was not going to be a comfortable experience. It simply shows how tepid and moderate we are. We desperately need a change at the top now. I amIn fed up with Brendan’s false dawns and a style of play we can’t emulate for toffee. 

• Like 2

Chaps, I’ve enjoyed that drive back from Leicester I must say. I saw someone say tonight was karma for putting us through George Hirst which made me chuckle. God am I happy to not have to watch him anymore.

Things obviously look bleak (or ‘in transition’ as people say nowadays) for you at the moment - I hope you can turn it around. I’ve always kept an eye out after you won the league, we’ve got experience being the underdogs getting ahead of the big boys too. Although based on tonight I’m desperately hoping you don’t sack Rogers and bring in JDT. 

Another ****ing shit effort, but I have a couple of questions, was Thomas , at Marty and soumare playing for us or rovers because they where terrible.

Rodgers has carried on about needing a right winger we get one and leave him stranded out on the right side line , no service at all . 
we played attacking football against spurs and killed them since then we have gone back to pass back go across the park then go back , and we got ****ing burned . 
if this is not the end of Rodgers I don’t know what he has to do to get the sack . I love my foxes but this is really hard to watch 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Might look a fool here but when was the last time we scored a last minute equaliser? 

So rubbish at chasing games. 

Two years ago we scored a decisive goal in injury time. How many have been scored past us in that time?

We're a thoroughly joyless team. I ****ing hate it. I preferred most of our Championship sides to this lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Another ****ing shit effort, but I have a couple of questions, was Thomas , at Marty and soumare playing for us or rovers because they where terrible.

Rodgers has carried on about needing a right winger we get one and leave him stranded out on the right side line , no service at all . 
we played attacking football against spurs and killed them since then we have gone back to pass back go across the park then go back , and we got ****ing burned . 
if this is not the end of Rodgers I don’t know what he has to do to get the sack . I love my foxes but this is really hard to watch 

Unfortunately he's in in the Keith Vaz Teflon club, Top's guilty pleasure. Vichai would have ousted the fraud a long time ago. 

Our Elite manager had a tactical masterclass from a Championship Manager. Blackburn were everything we aren’t, well organised, press with intensity, counter with end product, dogged and resolute in defence. We were a shambles, our obsession with playing out from the back and ‘controlling’ possession played straight into Rovers gameplan who kept setting effective traps to win the ball and counter attack us. 

They looked physically stronger than us and their game management was exceptional. We were a very poor 2nd to them all over the park and they thoroughly deserved the win and I even felt the scoreline flattered us. 

• Like 3

Guest ttfn
8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Might look a fool here but when was the last time we scored a last minute equaliser? 

So rubbish at chasing games. 

We’ve not scored an equaliser or winning goal in a league match after 85 minutes since Brighton away during Covid, 73 matches ago (2 years next week). 17 teams have done it this season and 7 since the turn of the year in case anybody is wondering how common it is.

To be fair, if you include cups, we scored late to beat PSV (nearly a year ago).

Slept on it and still pissed at the abjectness of that performance last night.

I am preparing myself for relegation and the chance to reset the club. Too many weak characters in the dressing room and too many average players at the club.

Our cycle of challenging the top teams is well and truly over. If Rodgers had any class, he would and should fall on his sword and get out now. He was fully responsible for us winning the FA Cup, he should be held fully accountable for the shite last night. It is the definition of stupid to keep making the same mistakes game after game.

Play exciting football and ditch this sideways control nonsense. We are not good enough at it and Blackburn found us out last night, and too many times this season and last.

• Like 1