Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Blackburn 2-1 loss post match

Blackburn had that black lad on the left running that side

They had that tall white lad up front who robbed Luke Thomas for the 2nd goal and they had a powerhouse number 8 who bossed the game.

We had Amartey and Soumare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Yes you can...he picked them for the starting 11..

It doesn't take a genius to see (and we have all witnessed it so far this season) that Amartey will never be a defender as long as he has a hole in his arse.

Also.

He picked Soumare to start.

He picked Thomas to start

He didn't start Iheanacho (when he should)

He didn't start Mendy (when he should)

He sets the tactics (slow, negative devoid of any forward intent, with a heavy dose of pass the hell out of it BrendanBall. Until the final 20 mins when it's too late)

He's in charge of motivating the players and getting them to show some fight and desire.

EVERYTHING above Rodgers is in charge of, is in the sphere of his control, and most importantly responsible for.

Tonight and the sh1t that's been served up for the past 20 Months due to similar problems as listed above is ALL on Rodgers. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with any of this! I’d have sacked Rodgers a very very long time ago!

The performance is completely on Rodgers - but the result was influenced heavily by a couple individual mistakes. He has some responsibility in that.

But I don’t like the idea that the players take absolutely no brunt for us being terrible. They’re professionals, they’ve got to do better.

10 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

I'm now officially done.  Not watching, not listening, not going to the KP until he's gone.  I don't give a shit anymore, it's just not worth it.  Screw the players, manager and board.  If none of them give a shit why should I. 

Can I borrow your session ticket?

I called this out as being a problem game, although we were worse in it that i thought we would be.

A few mentioned before this that we have a good record in the cups this season. I disagree and think we have been utter toss, and Brendan approached this the same as the Gillingham and Walsall games. Trying to retain possession, piddling around and creating very, very little. Its like he has used these games as a blueprint for how he would like to play and got away with it against League 2 opposition (who were were largely embarrassing against). 

No respect was shown to a Blackburn side full of confidence who came in for their free hit. Blackburn approached this in the way we should have approached the Arsenal game (Everton showed what you needed to do there). We needed to go for it but sat back and got bullied. At 2-0 down we are still farting around the back and creating nothing (until Nacho comes on and nearly saves Brendans skin again).  

The man in charge genuinely thinks that if you have enough quality and retain possession, then all you need to do is keep going because opportunities will present themselves. Yet Blackburn went for it and created lots of opportunities. Brendans anti football has to go - we simply aren't good enough at it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CUJimmy said:

So pick the bones out of that …

When he first came into the team due to injuries Thomas looked to have potential but he has regressed and his confidence now looks totally shot.  Once JJ is back fit he becomes 5th choice so time to move him on for his own sake.

Amarty might be a cult figure but he can’t kick a football - it’s like watching a 7 year old doing passing practice.  Has he ever used his left foot for anything but standing on?

I was trying to work out what Soumare’s instructions were beyond “wander around at half pace all night”.  He is simply not suited to English football.

So moving forward:

- Play the first choice back 4 from the start (RP, HS, WF and VK) unless one of them is injured.

- Of the available CDMs Mendy is the best choice mainly for his composure.

- If Maddison is not fit play Kells as 10, if he is fit play Kells as a 9.

- I think Barnes and Tete can do a job, particularly when paired with overlapping FBs.

- KDH works hard, will never be a world beater but he also can do a job when surrounded by quality players.

To be fair we all knew when we saw the teamsheet what we were going to get, that is what is so frustrating.

How does our so called manager not know these basics?

The 10 minutes after going 0-2 down were shambolic, along with the feeble attempts to prevent the 2nd goal. 

Zero leaders, zero creativity, and they were without Dack and Brereton Diaz. 

The goal music against a championship side, embarrassing.

13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Very, very poor from Leicester City. Terrible passing and when you literally hand two goals, even to a lower placed side, you are never going to win.

Concentrate on survival is the only thing left now, what a sobering thought!!

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're an absolutely nothing side. If someone asked you what we were good at you'd not have a single thing to tell them. All a team has to do to beat us is put some graft in and we fall apart. 

4 years and it's come to this. 

Has he actually lost the dressing room? Why don’t any of the best players sign new contracts?

Their number 10 (Dolan i think) had Ricardo on toast. 

Very impressed with that lad. Played exactly how a winger should play hugging the touch line and taking players on everytime he had the ball.

• Like 1

That was as poor as I’ve seen for a long time. I’ve got no problem with team selection, I’d guess that was driven by saving players for the Southampton game, avoiding injuries, and giving minutes to those needing to build fitness.

However, Blackburn showed us what fight & determination to win looks like last night. This used to be our signature, and is the minimum any team has to have regardless of any difference in quality there might be on the day.

I blame the players largely, with one or two exceptions, they were nowhere near an acceptable level of performance.

Froze my bloody nuts off to support the team last night and they let everyone down badly.

3 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with any of this! I’d have sacked Rodgers a very very long time ago!

The performance is completely on Rodgers - but the result was influenced heavily by a couple individual mistakes. He has some responsibility in that.

But I don’t like the idea that the players take absolutely no brunt for us being terrible. They’re professionals, they’ve got to do better.

Oh I agree with you 100% on this, and I suppose it's not their fault if they're not up to the task.

I guess the crux of my point above is that if they were still at home watching on a stream then the mistakes wouldn't have happened.

Not excusing Amartey but the movement from  our attacking players is abysmal. Playing out can only work if there is some moving players around, making spaces and receiving the ball. Iheanacho and Maddison are the only players that want to the ball to feet. 

10 hours ago, Pete52 said:

He was, but he’s not been the same player for a while now unfortunately, not sure what difference he could have made today. 

I agree..

If you compare Ndidi to Mendy at their best then it's Wilf all day long.

But. At present Papy is the better option and should have started last night and all the matches going forward 

Worst home performance that I can think of in the last 5 years.

Buffoon selection & you have 5 subs available to change it asap.

Hook players earlier if they are not up to it and he can punish players he doesn't rate, didn't pick Nach for ages really even as sub, now he's doing it to Daka post Walsall as keeps bringing on or playing Vards.

Do not play Soumare or Amartey again this season unless of injuries, Mendy should now be the holding midfielder over Wilf and him, we need to stay up.

10 hours ago, TheRovers said:

Chaps, I’ve enjoyed that drive back from Leicester I must say. I saw someone say tonight was karma for putting us through George Hirst which made me chuckle. God am I happy to not have to watch him anymore.

Things obviously look bleak (or ‘in transition’ as people say nowadays) for you at the moment - I hope you can turn it around. I’ve always kept an eye out after you won the league, we’ve got experience being the underdogs getting ahead of the big boys too. Although based on tonight I’m desperately hoping you don’t sack Rogers and bring in JDT. 

Thanks mate. Through gritted teeth, hope you enjoyed the game. Appreciate the good wishes, we're in a sharp decline mainly thanks to the clown in charge. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Blackburn and Leicester swap leagues in the next couple of years. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's fairly obviously you don't try to play out from the back with Amartey in the team, if 90% of fans can see that why can't Rodgers? The answer is he can, he's just too stubborn to change tactics.

26 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not excusing Amartey but the movement from  our attacking players is abysmal. Playing out can only work if there is some moving players around, making spaces and receiving the ball. Iheanacho and Maddison are the only players that want to the ball to feet. 

Furthermore to these points, in the first half it seemed the problem was especially compounded by Rodgers tactics of playing Ricardo in a very inverted position when we were in posession - so not only were we asking Amartey to repeatedly play out from the back under heavy pressure in bad conditions, the tactics also removed the easiest and most frequent pass the centre back makes in those positions - sideways to the right back in a wide position. This also had the added effect of ensuring Tete would be more isolated and again, have no simple pass back when caught in possession - which he was repeatedly, also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

So pick the bones out of that …

When he first came into the team due to injuries Thomas looked to have potential but he has regressed and his confidence now looks totally shot.  Once JJ is back fit he becomes 5th choice so time to move him on for his own sake.

Amarty might be a cult figure but he can’t kick a football - it’s like watching a 7 year old doing passing practice.  Has he ever used his left foot for anything but standing on?

I was trying to work out what Soumare’s instructions were beyond “wander around at half pace all night”.  He is simply not suited to English football.

So moving forward:

- Play the first choice back 4 from the start (RP, HS, WF and VK) unless one of them is injured.

- Of the available CDMs Mendy is the best choice mainly for his composure.

- If Maddison is not fit play Kells as 10, if he is fit play Kells as a 9.

- I think Barnes and Tete can do a job, particularly when paired with overlapping FBs.

- KDH works hard, will never be a world beater but he also can do a job when surrounded by quality players.

To be fair we all knew when we saw the teamsheet what we were going to get, that is what is so frustrating.

Pretty much all of this. It’s not even complicated is it. I think every single one of us could pick the best team and formation to comfortably stay up. 

Iversen

RP WF HS VK

NM KDH

JM

Tete KI HB

Or, if Maddison injured……

Iversen

RP WF HS VK

NM KDH

KI

Tete JV HB

It’s depressing how not even difficult it is. 

• Like 1