Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Blackburn 2-1 loss post match

Watched it last night from home. Didn’t feel anything when they scored beyond ‘meh, that’s about right’. It’s such a shame what this group has become. We were so proud of them a couple of years ago. Right now I honestly wouldn’t be fussed if the majority of them didn’t pull on a blue shirt again (new signings and 2/3 players aside). Some of the sides we’ve had over the past 25yrs I’ve been going, that says quite a lot

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9

The highlight from last night was the bloke next to me moaning about people coming in late. He didn't even need to get up off his arse. 

He said, '10 minutes after kick off, they should shut the doors.' 

Come off it mate - this isn't the theatre. 

Absolutely wank last night was - can't comprehend how bad that was. 

2 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Furthermore to these points, in the first half it seemed the problem was especially compounded by Rodgers tactics of playing Ricardo in a very inverted position when we were in posession - so not only were we asking Amartey to repeatedly play out from the back under heavy pressure in bad conditions, the tactics also removed the easiest and most frequent pass the centre back makes in those positions - sideways to the right back in a wide position. This also had the added effect of ensuring Tete would be more isolated and again, have no simple pass back when caught in possession - which he was repeatedly, also.

Yep. Totally brain fart from Rodgers and proved the players were under instruction. That inverted full back thing kept leaving us defensively open. 

I actually thought going forward we looked ok, their keeper made decent saves and we were close with other efforts. We managed sustained pressure at the end which barely ever happens. Our goalkeeper looked reasonably competent, too.

Just a shame that the defence and midfield were atrocious. Soumare was an absolute disgrace, Amartey all over the place, Thomas out of his depth. The frankly nonsensical decision to water the pitch when it was pouring with rain another layer to our ineptitude.

But the lack of commitment was most stark. Losing 50/50s, slow on the ball, careless in possession and being outrun. Not acceptable. This dire season has another addition.

• Like 2

No matter what the players did wrong…

of all the selection permatations,still possible..

Rodgets hit the jackpot,by selecting the worst format of players in the squad..

3 players alone..

Thomas,who I have defended in the past,though tagged with buts..
Amartey

Soumare…

we’re never going to rip this side around…

If we find no higher quality players for these 3…next season..I am going to tryand book a very long journey…Win the Ashes & run..& like Judas deny I know anybody associated with the club…no matter how often that bloody cock crows…

Just think, having the last words,I am a Spurs fan..( Thank god for BVB)
If I am still ticking over…

I'm sure it's been suggested somewhere in this thread - too depressed to look - but, do you think there's any possibility that we could get the Blackburn manager in next week to replace our Brendan?

Hopefully in future they'll devise a way of ensuring we can only applaud the players we want to after matches. Iheanacho and Mendy warranted it but unfortunately the rest of them tagged along and it looked as though fans were clapping the team off.

Top .... the sirens are loud ...  the lights are flashing .... the warning signs are massive ... THE TRAP DOOR IS OPEN ....guess what comes next .... no team spirt, passion or pride regardless what is said ... it is clearly visible there is none ... the fans are being let down .... if some players need game time .... buy them monopoly 

4 hours ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

I know there is a lot of vitriol surrounding Brendan Rodgers, he put a team out there last night that should have beaten Blackburn. I believe the actual players are entirely to blame in that match. They were playing a team that had nothing to lose and they played that way as well, they played well. How on earth can a team beat Tottenham 4-1 a couple of weeks ago put in such a dire performance two weeks later against an inferior side on paper. It’s all about attitude and desire. Most players on that pitch have the skill sets to manage a game like that, but they didn’t. Why. We can all speculate as to the reasons why, but that game last night was not Rodgers fault. There are numerous players currently at the club that are extremely average at best and possibly do not take their responsibilities seriously enough. I could name a plethora of players that fit that bill. 

Because we have one of the best midfielders in the Premiership perhaps the other players rely on him too much and do not raise their game when he is missing. They perhaps do not have the skill and ability of him but they must play as though they have, more responsibility, more effort, more pride and a basket full of passion. These guys are very fortunate in earning vast amounts of money compared to the average individual and they must recognise that fact and give their all in appreciation, and must above all recognise the fact they have a following of supporters that pay a large part of their incomes to support them.

Let’s see a different Leicester City from now on, a team that must energise themselves and scrap to the very end and walk off that pitch with their heads held high.

We pick up a few players who show a desire to attack the play.......hey, maybe.Rodgers just needed some attacking quality. Rubbish, a couple of decent games and we're right back where we started. He won't change. Sure blame the players but if they're to play his game plan which they've failed at all season, maybe he needs to change the plan.

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Sheffield away would be tricky if we’d won. 

Nah they are in the Northern Premier League Division One East so I think we'd have taken care of it.