Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Blackburn 2-1 loss post match

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That's all on Rodgers.

Too much went wrong that he's in control of for it to just be unlucky or a typical cup shock. 

The absolute least you expect is to look like you want to win it.

I really don’t like Rodgers but matches like tonight aren’t all on him. 

He’s set the team out (probably the wrong team) & they’ve not been aggressive enough from the start - you can blame him for that. 

You can’t blame him for the complete brain farts that Amartey & Iversen have put together. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Said in the thread that’ll be enough to keep him in a job, despite being battered for most of the game a spirited last 20 mins will keep him here even though we lost 

When are people going to get it?

We could have lost 7-0 tonight, he’s not going anywhere until at least the summer and that’s if we’re lucky.

Rodgers moaning at not being backed and used that as our excuse. 
He’s been backed now and we are playing worse then ever. 
No hunger or desire from any of them. 

How is Sourmare, Armetey, Thomas getting anywhere near the first team. Just not good enough. 

We are going down while we have this clown in charge. He has sucked the life out of this club. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

At 2-0 I haven’t been angrier at a Leicester team for quite a long time. Rogers needs to be sacked immediately. Not the end of the season.  Now.  The fact Soumare lasted as long as he did tonight is a disgrace.  No changes at half time after that absolute shit show first half.  

Thanks for the FA Cup win but now get the **** out of this club.  

Spot-on 

First of all. Well done Blackburn cos they have a manager there that clearly does his home work and can clearly knit a team together. That’s with at least four of their first choice XI missing. 

That’s me done with Rodgers regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.

He’s just threw away one bit of excitement in the season. Tonight was a perfect example where he’s so rigid in tactics and then makes a change which completely blunts us with twenty to go. 

It’s the repeated errors time and time again. 

If we don’t win six games, it’s our poorest season at this level since Pearson brought us. Now when you compare the squads on paper now, that’s eye watering bad 

• Like 3

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Ultimately meant nothing with Thomas and Amartey **** ups, though it was comical  

I thought it epitomised Soumare's approach. 

I don't think I'm alone.

Him doing that, then, in between strolling about, passing to opponents and watching opponents run past him, was a symbol of the malaise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

He’s set the team out (probably the wrong team) & they’ve not been aggressive enough from the start - you can blame him for that. 

You can’t blame him for the complete brain farts that Amartey & Iversen have put together. 

Of course, because the players definitely choose to play dangerous football in their own third.

Its definitely not been a consistent pattern in our play for 2 years

Edited by filbertway

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

It's gone on too long to blame individual performances. He picks the team, "motivates" the side, sorts the tactics. Tonight is completely on him 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

He litterally selects the players when even ****ing Doris from the corner shop knows they are not good enough.

He is 100% the blame.

Get a new manager in and we are  a million times better team

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

He's only managed Amartey for 4 years, so yeah can't blame him for not knowing what he's like.

• Haha 1