Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

Guest Col city fan

I wish I was seeing something else, but what I’ve seen so far of Iversen is a keeper that doesn’t look confident.

Premiership keepers these days usually play with some sort of swagger almost. They are confident men who command huge salaries and transfer fees.

Iversen looks frightened when he comes into the side.

That said, very early days for him.

I just hope he has ‘time’ to grow into the expectation of being the numero uno because a few more losses and it could be too late.

The reason Rodgers stuck with Ward for so long is all down to his own ego. He cannot admit that he is wrong by taking ownership of his mistakes. It is his fatal flaw and unfortunately it will result in our relegation while he departs to pastures new to beguile another gullable club with his bullshit.

• Like 4

I just feel so much more confident with him in goal and I’m sure the players feel exactly the same. We forget he’s so much more experienced than Ward as well and has performed outstandingly over the last few years, I fully expect him to get better the more he plays 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Oh what a great story if Schmeichel comes back has a nr2,but promised

xxx games

Schmeichel is one of the best keepers in the big 5 leagues this season, if he did come back only a club like Leicester could justify having him as a no2. 

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I wish I was seeing something else, but what I’ve seen so far of Iversen is a keeper that doesn’t look confident.

Premiership keepers these days usually play with some sort of swagger almost. They are confident men who command huge salaries and transfer fees.

Iversen looks frightened when he comes into the side.

That said, very early days for him.

I just hope he has ‘time’ to grow into the expectation of being the numero uno because a few more losses and it could be too late.

I got the exact opposite impression of Iversen. He comes across as calm and confident and not at all frightened. Did you watch the full 90 minutes yesterday? I did and he looked anything but overawed or scared.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

I got the exact opposite impression of Iversen. He comes across as calm and confident and not at all frightened. Did you watch the full 90 minutes yesterday? I did and he looked anything but overawed or scared.

Yes mate, watched the full match.

I genuinely hope you’re right! We need more calm and composure in the defence as a whole, including the keeper. 

We’ll see.

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think we'll see a lot of characteristics we've seen in Kasper in Iversen, with him being someone Iversen had worked closely with both at club and national levels and someone he looked up to (a few interviews have said this)

Not keeping or replacing Kasper, one of the best keepers this season, when he actually wanted to stay, only to give the Welsh abomination a 26-game run has let us to become relegation fodder. A slightly better keeper in Iversen might not be enough to make up for Rodgers' dreadful decisions this season.

On a more positive note, we are immensely lucky that there are 8 other sides this season that happens to be just as shit as us, or the situation might have been completely hopeless.

13 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Based on what?

:cheers:
I don’t how some posters come to their conclusions..

I just think they want to sound clever & in the know,but don’t realise

like Iversen there are no Stats even…

So finding empty cans with a stone in them..

In good old Anglo Saxon,best mate Vocabulary…Utter Bollocks

Couldn’t really form an opinion on him on Saturday as we defended well and he didn’t really have a save to make and was unlucky with the goal.  He doesn’t look particularly comfortable on the ball when we are passing it around close to our goal but didn’t make a stupid error so can’t criticise him really for that. Having had a traffic cone in goal for most of the season I’m quite happy to see him given a fair crack. 

21 hours ago, Royston. said:

Hang on Brendan, didnt you say we had two number 1's in the Schmeichel/Ward era but now Ward has played every game (and ****ed us up royally) he has been a loyal number 2??

I must have mis-read but you spout so much bullshìt i can no longer tell:appl:

That’s just chasing the splitting hairs…Not even you keep to any original

(sporting statement months after) and he has more responsibility..

But a FM is no Pope or God..They are allowed to BS..

Any fan that doesn’t get it,is living in a totally different dimension…

Rolling Statements won’t hang a manager,but eventually ( hopefully)

performance and relegation threatened situation will..

I find it laughable ,funny that someone wants to connect (in sport) all the dots

on Manager,players statements…FFks Mourhino,Ferguson,Pep,Beckenbauer,Great Players alike havecome out with right clangers…

Edited by fuchsntf

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

:cheers:
I don’t how some posters come to their conclusions..

I just think they want to sound clever & in the know,but don’t realise

like Iversen there are no Stats even…

So finding empty cans with a stone in them..

In good old Anglo Saxon,best mate Vocabulary…Utter Bollocks

I think it was a really odd game to judge him on to be honest, bearing in mind it was his PL debut. Whether or not it was just me i don't know, but i felt that he was less of a 'wobble' than Ward, or as some have said 'flappy'. It felt he was definitely calmer and dealt with everything that was asked of him. He gets a free pass on the double deflection for the goal. Maybe a bit more experience deals with that but we've seen deflections like this go past the best.

Brentford didn't really give him a huge amount to deal with beyond their fortunate goal. I've not rewatched more than the highlights back (i watched the match on a stream), but it felt our backline wasn't as high as it had been recently (although i did notice on one of a few occasions it was). Maybe bringing the line back was intentional to protect the keeper a little more? I know Brendan is a fan of the high line, so whether this is a temporary thing and he goes back to his preferred line we shall see. I do wonder if a defensive and keeper change sets the scene for the rest of the season. It certainly looked better, with Souter dealing with everything launched at him. 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

He's good for now, but come summer I'd say let's good a good steady number one. Tom Heaton I'd happily take does nothing at the moment at Man Utd other than keep the bench warm. Good goalkeeper on his day. 

36 year old Tom Heaton who's played 3 games in 3 years. He was a quality keeper back in his prime but I think the Ward situation has shown how critical it is to get a keeper who's at least played a fair bit. Ward actually did pretty well in his cup appearances but he shown why he's a number 2. I think unless you're picking up a younger keeper who's backup at a big club, you really want to be taking somebody else's number 1.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

He's good for now, but come summer I'd say let's good a good steady number one. Tom Heaton I'd happily take does nothing at the moment at Man Utd other than keep the bench warm. Good goalkeeper on his day. 

He's had his day, we need someone with a medium to long-term view to being number 1. 

We can do much better. 

21 hours ago, Royston. said:

Hang on Brendan, didnt you say we had two number 1's in the Schmeichel/Ward era but now Ward has played every game (and ****ed us up royally) he has been a loyal number 2??

I must have mis-read but you spout so much bullshìt i can no longer tell:appl:

What a stupid thing to say. There’s so many things to beat Brendan with and you choose this? He’s obviously been the number 2 because he hasn’t played, unless you’ve seen 2 keepers in the goal for the last few years? What a pointless thing to get annoyed about and have a go at him for. 

• Like 1