Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

I think theyll go for Dean Henderson if they stay up

Think his wages might scupper that. Think he's on roughly £120k a week at Man United. Maybe if he's open to another loan or United pay some of his wages to get him off of their books. 

Forest may choose to try keep him over Navas too, if they see him as a better option long-term. 

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I wish I was seeing something else, but what I’ve seen so far of Iversen is a keeper that doesn’t look confident.

Premiership keepers these days usually play with some sort of swagger almost. They are confident men who command huge salaries and transfer fees.

Iversen looks frightened when he comes into the side.

That said, very early days for him.

I just hope he has ‘time’ to grow into the expectation of being the numero uno because a few more losses and it could be too late.

When he finds his PL feet, and it will only be a few games..any confidence

( from your perspective) should find some type of stability..

This is not a Shilton,Wallington,Clemence who oused natural confidence,born into their clubs beginnings..Schmeichel,Flowers,k.Keller who found theirs before wearing the foxes badge…

Different times now…No home club connection,having to prove ,earn & work his bullets of recognition..

Danish youth,delayed PL introduction,having to pick up a battered  guantlet, but even This W.Ends simple saves ( 2 I think) plus highball ,crosses collection will help…

But it’s more you ( or others like thinkers) who lacks the confidence in him,without having a reason..Hunting something to say ..

He can’t change that,he’s only just began his PL career..

Where Ward dithered his career too long,before PL chance…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Think his wages might scupper that. Think he's on roughly £120k a week at Man United. Maybe if he's open to another loan or United pay some of his wages to get him off of their books. 

Forest may choose to try keep him over Navas too, if they see him as a better option long-term. 

I dont think anyones paying him 120k a week in his next move so imagine he’d take a wage drop. Seems like the sort of bloke who would take a pay drop to get first team football

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I think it was a really odd game to judge him on to be honest, bearing in mind it was his PL debut. Whether or not it was just me i don't know, but i felt that he was less of a 'wobble' than Ward, or as some have said 'flappy'. It felt he was definitely calmer and dealt with everything that was asked of him. He gets a free pass on the double deflection for the goal. Maybe a bit more experience deals with that but we've seen deflections like this go past the best.

Brentford didn't really give him a huge amount to deal with beyond their fortunate goal. I've not rewatched more than the highlights back (i watched the match on a stream), but it felt our backline wasn't as high as it had been recently (although i did notice on one of a few occasions it was). Maybe bringing the line back was intentional to protect the keeper a little more? I know Brendan is a fan of the high line, so whether this is a temporary thing and he goes back to his preferred line we shall see. I do wonder if a defensive and keeper change sets the scene for the rest of the season. It certainly looked better, with Souter dealing with everything launched at him. 

Though sometimes a later single game can be be defining,we shouldn’t look into any individual game in depth mistakes,plaudits,errors or top game..

Its what all players have the right to be judged on,..careers,first game(s), decent 1st choice run, and time to gather those good bad experiences…

I mean within 3 games we discover he is absolutely a worse dogs dinner than Rodgers in goal,or he is god’s gift to Goalkeeping..Any thoughts would be premature….Why a fans of a club,with Morgan, Vardy stories should ever too trigger happy,or make assuming premature “outings” or opinions,says more about FTers incapacity or aptitude for picking players…Worse than those they lambast.

Sutton & Savage are making up ground…( god forbid)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dusty said:

What a stupid thing to say. There’s so many things to beat Brendan with and you choose this? He’s obviously been the number 2 because he hasn’t played, unless you’ve seen 2 keepers in the goal for the last few years? What a pointless thing to get annoyed about and have a go at him for. 

Whaaa? 

Rodgers comes out with a lot of bullshìt and a lot of posters on here mock him for it.

I think you've misunderstood me and decided to rubbish my opinion.

Anyone who signs a contract with the club should be loyal, yet Rodgers is suggesting Ward has had all season despite being shìt because he earned it by being loyal.

Is that right or wrong or just stupid?

21 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

I think theyll go for Dean Henderson if they stay up

I would take Henderson here. 

I think one of our biggest problems defensively is that the back line have/had little confidence in Ward. 

• Like 3

On 19/03/2023 at 21:45, UniFox21 said:

Think we'll see a lot of characteristics we've seen in Kasper in Iversen, with him being someone Iversen had worked closely with both at club and national levels and someone he looked up to (a few interviews have said this)

Danny Ward worked closely with Kasper everyday for over 3 years… Iversen has been out on loan for most of that time. 

• Like 1

Moving forward, Ward needs shipping out and a promising goalkeeper needs to be brought in to challenge with Iversen. I think people will be surprised by the fact that Iversen may win us a game here and there. Although, he is quite the abomination with the ball. Nonetheless, my worry regarding shipping Ward out, is where to? Iversen will quite rightly have suitors and I fear with poor recruitment Danny boy may be starting next season also.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think one of our biggest problems defensively is that the back line have/had little confidence in Ward. 

Without doubt we should be going for Henderson if we stay up, though I know Forest will if they stay up.

He's only a year older than Iversen yet has much more experience at the top level and in bigger games. I think the whole team would have more confidence in a goalkeeper such as Henderson.

5 hours ago, Bert said:

Dean Henderson being a good keeper is complete myth. Danny Ward’s shot save percentage for this season is 62.9% and Henderson’s is 64.0%. He’s slightly better than Ward but that’s hardly a ringing endorsement. He’s also got a massively overinflated opinion of his own ability. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Iverson kept us in it right up

until that freekick. Poor guy did Not deserve that.  All Hits his arse and bounces back into goal when climb out. Crap like this happens when your down on your luck.

otherwise he played well and now we wonder what if he had been playing all along instead of Ward? We will never know.

• Like 3