Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Iverson kept us in it right up

until that freekick. Poor guy did Not deserve that.  All Hits his arse and bounces back into goal when climb out. Crap like this happens when your down on your luck.

otherwise he played well and now we wonder what if he had been playing all along instead of Ward? We will never know.

I think it is proven an average keeper with average stats (which Iversen appears to be as a minimum) would see us 4 points better off. 

We all suspected - even in pre season when he looked tbh a bit ropey - the lad was, at worst, below average. He's big. Got a big kick. Got a good reference from Preston. He looks like an athlete.

Even a below average keepr is 20 times better than Ward. But today and at Brentford, he appears pretty decent. Absolutely galling 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Easily the best I’ve seen him play today. Kept us in the game plenty of times.

The goalkeeper issue isn’t and never was only about ‘the goalkeeper’ though. It’s how we defend as a team. 
We don’t really defend tbh. Today we were absolutely peppered by a Palace side who really struggle to create chances.

As in, absolutely mullered by them in terms of shots they had. 
We were always going to concede today if Donnarumma was between the sticks, let alone Iversen.

19 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Our number 1 next season no matter what league we’re in

Disagree. I think if we stay up we still need to improve on him. Obviously he should be starting of the keepers we currently have though.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Disagree. I think if we stay up we still need to improve on him. Obviously he should be starting of the keepers we currently have though.

We haven't seen him with a run of games for us though, with how much Rodgers has backed Ward I imagine he's fairly wary of making any mistakes. Unless we can make a move for someone reasonably cheap, I'd rather invest the money elsewhere.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

We haven't seen him with a run of games for us though, with how much Rodgers has backed Ward I imagine he's fairly wary of making any mistakes. Unless we can make a move for someone reasonably cheap, I'd rather invest the money elsewhere.

That's fair. I think it's probably best to wait until the end of the season to decide whether or not he'll be a priority to be replaced after having a run of games.

• Like 1

Felt I was possibly overrating some of his saves just because of what we've witnessed in goal this season. Like the one from Doucouré after the corner looked world-class after watching Ward, who probably would've tried to save it with his right foot as he dived the other way. 

• Haha 3

Still not fully convinced he’s at the level we need but I will not judge him until he’s played more games . That said he’s miles better than Ward and it’s been nice the last two games not expecting a complete howler or cluster **** every time the ball goes towards the keeper and goal.  

• Like 2

This is a proper keeper. He’ll make mistakes as he learns but he will genuinely win us games too. Should’ve been 5-6 palace today if Ward was in. 

Iverson

Souttar

Khristiansen are the base we build from. 

I’d love to add Perreira to that but he is far too good for the champ 

Very good. Now when the ball goes towards the goal, I don’t freak out. Ward would have let in 5 today.

Iversen was unlucky with the first and couldn’t do anything for the second.

He reminds me of Kasper except he seems to be better with dealing with high balls. We have a real keeper on our hands.

Evening all. PNE fan here good to see Iversen is finally getting a chance. You have a very good premiership quality keeper there. I've made an effort to watch the last couple of matches now he is in the team - Don't know what Brendan has been thinking, give him a few more games to sharpen up and you will start to see what you have missed all season.

Good luck for the rest of the season - hope you stay up.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lillywhite said:

Evening all. PNE fan here good to see Iversen is finally getting a chance. You have a very good premiership quality keeper there. I've made an effort to watch the last couple of matches now he is in the team - Don't know what Brendan has been thinking, give him a few more games to sharpen up and you will start to see what you have missed all season.

Good luck for the rest of the season - hope you stay up.

Thanks, though the single biggest problem we have is the clown who preferred Ward over Iversen when we all knew different (and the board that keeps him in place), so it looks like it's too late for us now.  See you next season!