Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

So I watched the highlights, and I'm glad I did I seen Iverson made 4 saves, 2 of which I don't think Ward makes particularly the low shot threw bodies by Dacoure possibly. This is the best I've seen Iverson, Ward had about 26 games, it's reasonable that it will take Iverson 4-5 games to fully find his best, but early signs look good.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is a proper keeper. He’ll make mistakes as he learns but he will genuinely win us games too. Should’ve been 5-6 palace today if Ward was in. 

Iverson

Souttar

Khristiansen are the base we build from. 

I’d love to add Perreira to that but he is far too good for the champ 

What about KDH?

10 hours ago, Lillywhite said:

Evening all. PNE fan here good to see Iversen is finally getting a chance. You have a very good premiership quality keeper there. I've made an effort to watch the last couple of matches now he is in the team - Don't know what Brendan has been thinking, give him a few more games to sharpen up and you will start to see what you have missed all season.

Good luck for the rest of the season - hope you stay up.

It’s funny how everyone and their dog has been able to see this, except for Brendan. 

The decision not to play Ward and instead play Iversen in due time has got to be one of the worst managerial decisions at this level of football.

• Like 1

Brendan didn’t play him as he didn’t rate his distribution of a ball in his style of play. 

The fact he can keep the ball out of the net, should always be paramount though, when you have a defence is bad as ours. 

• Like 4

Didn't think he was great for their first goal last night to be honest. A bit Ward like really. That said it was a clear handball in the lead up pass to the goal, and if VAR had checked that as well as the offside, I would have expected that goal to have been disallowed. Crap defending again too, it has to be said also.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Didn't think he was great for their first goal last night to be honest. A bit Ward like really. That said it was a clear handball in the lead up pass to the goal, and if VAR had checked that as well as the offside, I would have expected that goal to have been disallowed. Crap defending again too, it has to be said also.

Looked like handball to me but it was barely mentioned on the coverage I was watching, so didn’t get a chance to see it again.

39 minutes ago, JerryLundegaard said:

Looked like handball to me but it was barely mentioned on the coverage I was watching, so didn’t get a chance to see it again.

I heard the ground shout handball…. Not even mentioned on the commentary though 

6 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Ward has been a disaster 

still shocked we paid £11 million for Liverpool's 3rd or 4th choice keeper

whoever signed that one off literally needs shooting 

That would be one way of regaining our reputation as a tightly-run club I suppose…

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Pathetic for the first goal and his distribution is awful, mild upgrade on Ward I suppose

Wasn’t it just a very difficult situation to judge for him? Hard to tell if the defenders were catching Watkins or not… 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, eblair said:

He passes the eye test as a goalkeeper. Don’t have same stress as watching the clown prince

Yeah I thought exactly the same last night. He definitely inspires more confidence.

If we stay up though, I still think getting a first choice keeper for the Premier League is a priority.

1 hour ago, JerryLundegaard said:

Have watched it again on you tube and clearly handball, you can see him move his arm to control the ball. The most amazing thing though, is that the ref was looking straight at him, and gave nothing. Maybe that's why it wasn't pulled up by VAR, if they did look at it, because they felt they the ref had a good view and didn't give it, so didn't want to undermine him.

51 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Have watched it again on you tube and clearly handball, you can see him move his arm to control the ball. The most amazing thing though, is that the ref was looking straight at him, and gave nothing. Maybe that's why it wasn't pulled up by VAR, if they did look at it, because they felt they the ref had a good view and didn't give it, so didn't want to undermine him.

Yes, because the VAR will definitely look at where the ref is looking in the very short space of time they have to review and then get cold feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

We could still do a lot better but he's better than Ward. 

Ward is 70% of the reason we are in a relegation battle in the first place. 

Ward is awful but I think his contribution to our position is slightly exaggerated imo. With a good keeper we'd probably be outside the relegation zone but I doubt by very much.

• Like 2