Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

3 hours ago, shen said:

Yes, because the VAR will definitely look at where the ref is looking in the very short space of time they have to review and then get cold feet.

Pretty sure only goals directly scored with a handball are ruled out by VAR. An assist on the halfway line aided by a handball is of no interest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I can’t believe fans tried to bin him off after one mistake against Blackburn.

He’s far from perfect but is miles ahead of Ward. 

"we only rate players because they come from our academy :mad:".

Barnes and Iversen have had a disproportionate amount of stick. KDH criticism isn't normally very balanced either.

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

He is averaging 4 saves a game at the moment.
Ward was averaging 3 

And what about the quality of those saves? Danny Ward's no-look technique is truly ahead of its time. Perhaps in the future, we will look back and recognize him as a top-tier goalkeeper.

11 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

And what about the quality of those saves? Danny Ward's no-look technique is truly ahead of its time. Perhaps in the future, we will look back and recognize him as a top-tier goalkeeper.

Time will tell, Iversen is an improvement on Ward but so are a lot of keepers 

Regardless of the quality of saves you would always want the goalkeeper that makes the most saves. If Iversen is saving saves ward couldnt then he will be making more saves on average.

Edited by HankMarvin

I actually wouldnt feel terrible about him being our number 1 next season. I think he will grow into a top keeper.  If we were in the transfermarket looking for kaspers replacement and we got linked with Prestons Iversen... we would all have been hoping to sign him. 

Lets hope he continues to impress. 

What I like, is that he seems so aware of the goal. There was a couple of shots yesterday that ward would have pushed out for a corner but he knew exactly where they were going and pulled his hands away to let them go out for goal kicks ... the bailey snatched effort being a perfect example... I dont think too many keepers would have left that 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I actually wouldnt feel terrible about him being our number 1 next season. I think he will grow into a top keeper.  If we were in the transfermarket looking for kaspers replacement and we got linked with Prestons Iversen... we would all have been hoping to sign him. 

Lets hope he continues to impress. 

What I like, is that he seems so aware of the goal. There was a couple of shots yesterday that ward would have pushed out for a corner but he knew exactly where they were going and pulled his hands away to let them go out for goal kicks ... the bailey snatched effort being a perfect example... I dont think too many keepers would have left that 

The biggest mistake was getting rid of Kasper prematurely and with a shit plan (thanks Brendan). I think the lesson learned this season is to never again underestimate the importance of having a quality keeper.

24 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Time will tell, Iversen is an improvement on Ward but so are a lot of keepers 

Regardless of the quality of saves you would always want the goalkeeper that makes the most saves. If Iversen is saving saves ward couldnt then he will be making more saves on average.

How many saves would a Ward chap save if a Ward chap could ward us?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bovril said:

Ward is awful but I think his contribution to our position is slightly exaggerated imo. With a good keeper we'd probably be outside the relegation zone but I doubt by very much.

We'd minimum have 2 extra wins worth of points and that would put us comfortably in 12th with a point to spare. If we still had Schmeichel no chance we are in this spot. 

Not replacing Schmeichel was just as detrimental as keeping Rodgers if not worse.

We should have bought Navas in the winter. On a free that was a percect replacement and letting him go to Forest was stupid. 

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fightforever said:

We'd minimum have 2 extra wins worth of points and that would put us comfortably in 12th with a point to spare. If we still had Schmeichel no chance we are in this spot. 

Not replacing Schmeichel was just as detrimental as keeping Rodgers if not worse.

We should have bought Navas in the winter. On a free that was a percect replacement and letting him go to Forest was stupid. 

He is rumoured to be on 200k a week, with Forest picking up 50% of tab. The whole reason Kasper was dinged was to free up wages  

7 hours ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Calling someone a better goalie than Ward isn't exactly reassuring is it? The bar is set very low, that being said Iversen does look like a real goalkeeper despite his poor distribution. 

We should be used to the latter, right? :P :ph34r:

The thing with saying that having Iversen instead of Ward would only have been a marginal difference is understandable - we have had far more problems than just Ward; but in a season that looks like it'll be decided by potentially very fine margins, it only would have taken a few fine margins for us to be in a far healthier looking position.

• Like 1