Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did well to keep it down to 1-0. The saves from the goalmouth scrambles, and the one with his foot, were very good. We would never know for sure but don't think Ward does as well. 

That's if he is ours lol 

Would be disastrous if they don't bring in a proper replacement. I'd rather have Smithies in goal than Ward.

The longer this debacle continues the more it looks like we should have dropped ward much sooner. Iverson is keeping the scoreline low in these losses otherwise it could have been much worse. He’s gonna be a very busy boy against man city next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

His kicking was rubbish (which I guess why Rodgers wouldn’t play him) but he saved us so many times, which says everything about how bad we were today

Kaspers distribution was never his strongpoint either.

My word though keeping Iversen on the bench all this time.

Its like an act of sabotage on Brendan Rodgers part.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dayday said:

As good as he was today , his distribution was poor 

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

His kicking was rubbish (which I guess why Rodgers wouldn’t play him) but he saved us so many times, which says everything about how bad we were today

Rodgers ball needed a keeper who can stay calm and pass out - iverson simply can’t do that.  Be interesting to see what Marsch makes of it 

for all of ward’s issues, he didn’t always panic (although he scared the life out of me a few times). Iverson doesn’t have the confidence to make a quick pass out wide 

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

The longer this debacle continues the more it looks like we should have dropped ward much sooner. Iverson is keeping the scoreline low in these losses otherwise it could have been much worse. He’s gonna be a very busy boy against man city next week.

Fans should be fuming, as it's becoming increasingly clear EXACTLY why we're headed for relegation this season. The sheer negligence is unbelievable!

Iverson shot stopping is on par with kasper. Yes his goal kick distribution is as bad as kasper but by golly he’s keeping the ball out of the net so many times. Poor guy - the ones he’s had to concede have all come from his our players having brain dead moments and literally assisting the opposition with the perfect passes. If I was Iverson I’d be so vexxed right now I’d pin those culprits to the gym walls and slap some sense into them. The man is trying keep the ball out and those fools are helping the bloody opposition. WTF!

56 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Iverson shot stopping is on par with kasper. Yes his goal kick distribution is as bad as kasper but by golly he’s keeping the ball out of the net so many times. Poor guy - the ones he’s had to concede have all come from his our players having brain dead moments and literally assisting the opposition with the perfect passes. If I was Iverson I’d be so vexxed right now I’d pin those culprits to the gym walls and slap some sense into them. The man is trying keep the ball out and those fools are helping the bloody opposition. WTF!

Leicester man of the match today well done Daniel 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

I’d rather my goalkeeper keep the ball out the pissing net than be able to pass 5 yards 

Honestly distribution is pointless unless you’re genuinely a champions league standard team. Having a goalkeeper who can actually make saves is actually most important shockingly.

At least if we go down, we won’t have to fork out for a championship no.1. 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Honestly distribution is pointless unless you’re genuinely a champions league standard team. Having a goalkeeper who can actually make saves is actually most important shockingly.

At least if we go down, we won’t have to fork out for a championship no.1. 

Of course keeping the ball out of the net is the most important thing for a keeper 

but not being able to kick it thirty yards to your full back and handing possession over isn’t good. In addition,  lacking the confidence to play a quick pass out to your full back who is in space is also a problem (although he isn’t alone in that respect atm. I’ve no idea if he would be as timid in a more confident team) 

ward and iverson have shown that kasper’s distribution was effectively top class in comparison! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, dayday said:

As good as he was today , his distribution was poor 

He can have a crap distribution rate…His GK-skills are what’s needed.

top gks with good distribution,always tend to bollox something up while preparing

For distribution, charged down, hell of a lot..

Top class keeper between the sticks. To think what could have been if we had been using this option earlier in the season. Can't kick for toffee. They seem to be persisting with getting him to kick to the wings but they should just give up on it. Just boot it anywhere. As long as he keeps Ward out i couldn't care. 

• Like 2