Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

Premier League | Saves of the Round | MW30

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/premier-league/12853932/premier-league-saves-of-the-round-mw30

Iversen has 2 saves in the video

1st one is the 1st clip shown - Billing shot from 20 yards

2nd one is at 1:07 - Solanke shot from 6 yards saved with an outstretched foot

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Couldn't give two shits if his passing is poor, he's made some incredible saves these past few weeks, ones Ward definitely wouldn't have made

Honestly think the fact he hoofs it up the pitch more often is part of the reason we have improved at the back. Less chance for our defenders to feck it up trying to pass around the back. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Premier League | Saves of the Round | MW30

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/premier-league/12853932/premier-league-saves-of-the-round-mw30

Iversen has 2 saves in the video

1st one is the 1st clip shown - Billing shot from 20 yards

2nd one is at 1:07 - Solanke shot from 6 yards saved with an outstretched foot

Iversen should have started very early on in the season. ****ing Brendan, what a cunnt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Honestly think the fact he hoofs it up the pitch more often is part of the reason we have improved at the back. Less chance for our defenders to feck it up trying to pass around the back. 

Hoofs it into the stands you mean! As for improved at the back - what games have you been watching? We're as rickety as ever as far as I can see. We've not seen what Ward or Iversen are truly capable of because of what's been in front of them. 

Just now, Sean2000 said:

Hoofs it into the stands you mean! As for improved at the back - what games have you been watching? We're as rickety as ever as far as I can see. We've not seen what Ward or Iversen are truly capable of because of what's been in front of them. 

The ones where we are conceding 1 or 2 goals per game instead of 3 or 4. 

5 minutes ago, Danny ward said:

His distribution is extremely poor and his ability at one on ones

maybe point 1, point 2 is bizarre

save he made from billings with feet was one on one

ward was worst keeper i have seen at one on ones, bloke used to dive to near post before ball was struck everytime without fail... such a clown

• Like 1

Iverson will be one of the better keepers in the championship, he’ll be playing every week and if we do somehow manage to bounce back his performance in theory should also rise to the next level. He’s not played much this season so he’s getting used to playing behind our defence. Next season he’ll have the confidence to control his defence in a way Kasper used to bark orders. 

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

The ones where we are conceding 1 or 2 goals per game instead of 3 or 4. 

Might seem that way but we haven't conceded 4 goals since September. In fact, this year we've conceded 3 goals twice (Man Utd and Chelsea) in 13 games. In the 9 games with Ward we conceded 16 goals (average of 1.77). Iversen has conceded 6 goals in 4 games (average of 1.5). I would say that's not much of an improvement. Neither stat is acceptable in my view - but the goals are going to come whoever is in goal if we defend (as a team) the way that we currently do. 

Whatever you think about Ward (or Iversen) the GK is not the reason we are where we are. If the last 4 games haven't shown that, I don't know what will. We could have the world's best GK and we'd still be in a relegation scrap. The problem is in front of the GK and if we don't recognise that, we can't fix it. 

Edited by Sean2000

1 hour ago, eblair said:

maybe point 1, point 2 is bizarre

save he made from billings with feet was one on one

ward was worst keeper i have seen at one on ones, bloke used to dive to near post before ball was struck everytime without fail... such a clown

Look at the posters name you quoted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah apart from the 11 we conceded in 2 games during Sepetember. 

Somehow I'd forgotten those 🤦‍♂️😂 must be ptsd. But it actually helps make the point. We'd still have got smashed in those games irrespective of who was in goal because of the way we played as a team. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

Somehow I'd forgotten those 🤦‍♂️😂 must be ptsd. But it actually helps make the point. We'd still have got smashed in those games irrespective of who was in goal because of the way we played as a team. 

Main point is the games we've lost by an odd goal (not all but those where Ward has done something properly shit, which will be most actually) might have been draws if Iversen was in goal. It's not the amount of goals conceded by either it's the standard and quality. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Maybe we should keep the ball in the air as long as possible  😆.

On 09/04/2023 at 11:07, st albans fox said:

Of course keeping the ball out of the net is the most important thing for a keeper 

but not being able to kick it thirty yards to your full back and handing possession over isn’t good. In addition,  lacking the confidence to play a quick pass out to your full back who is in space is also a problem (although he isn’t alone in that respect atm. I’ve no idea if he would be as timid in a more confident team) 

ward and iverson have shown that kasper’s distribution was effectively top class in comparison! 

Rose tinted glasses re Kasper. He was constantly booting it straight out and couldn’t command his area . During no crowds Covid times when you could hear players , all he ever shouted was away away - instead of coming for the ball. He was on a massive contract and his admittedly great shot stopping powers were on the wane. He just wasn’t worth the money when you had Iversen in the wings . The issue was numpty Rodgers playing Ward . Iversen is I think as good a shotstopper as Kaspar especially from range where Kasper had a weak spot. Kaspar was world class in one to one’s though. Feeling good about Iversen. 

• Like 1