Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

4 hours ago, Swiss Fox said:

Rose tinted glasses re Kasper. He was constantly booting it straight out and couldn’t command his area . During no crowds Covid times when you could hear players , all he ever shouted was away away - instead of coming for the ball. He was on a massive contract and his admittedly great shot stopping powers were on the wane. He just wasn’t worth the money when you had Iversen in the wings . The issue was numpty Rodgers playing Ward . Iversen is I think as good a shotstopper as Kaspar especially from range where Kasper had a weak spot. Kaspar was world class in one to one’s though. Feeling good about Iversen. 

I think someone posted some stats once which shows how Kasper’s “aerial takes” got way worse over the years.

I don’t think it’s rose-tinted glasses at all. Instead I think a lot of people who try to talk him down talk about the Kasper of his last season or two as if they were representative of his peak here. He was an incredible keeper at his peak 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Which points the finger at Stowell imo

(he probably has terrible distribution as well lol)

I hope that the next permanent manager addresses this. I have never been impressed with Stowell as a goalie coach. If Stowell has to stay then demote him to the under 9's or something. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Swiss Fox said:

Rose tinted glasses re Kasper. He was constantly booting it straight out and couldn’t command his area . During no crowds Covid times when you could hear players , all he ever shouted was away away - instead of coming for the ball. He was on a massive contract and his admittedly great shot stopping powers were on the wane. He just wasn’t worth the money when you had Iversen in the wings . The issue was numpty Rodgers playing Ward . Iversen is I think as good a shotstopper as Kaspar especially from range where Kasper had a weak spot. Kaspar was world class in one to one’s though. Feeling good about Iversen. 

When you have a defence as shit as ours, you're going to want exactly a keeper like Kasper. Have we even seen a 1v1 save this season? Kasper has the highest save % in 1on1s in Ligue 1.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Kaspers distribution really wasn't as bad as a lot of fans like to make out. 

Theres only really one goalkeeper with pin point distribution and that's Ederson.

Schmeichels distribution was probably better than 85% of the rest of the goalkeepers in the premier league.

He would often put the ball out of play. 

My favourite time was when he tried to blame the colour of Paul Lambert’s clothes.

Though, distribution is not a key factor I look for in a goalkeeper. I think Ederson is the best keeper on the ball but one of the worst shot stoppers and I’d rather have a better shot stopper.

I rate him and would stick with him regardless of the league were in next season. Money best spent elsewhere.

Agree re distribution but he’s still young and deserves a shot. Time to grow and improve for sure. Others may disagree but I’ve quite enjoyed him coming into the team and us just letting a keeper be a keeper. 

Don’t expect anything fancy of him, let him get the basics right and try to keep the ball out the bloody net! 

• Like 2

I thought Iversen had a great game at Man City was unlucky for all the goals nearly got to the penalty and that save from Mahrez’s shot going in was sublime that lad with the right coach will only improve, a great shot stopper just a few tweaks here and there and this lad wil be a great keeper !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Claridge said:

Terrible distribution, poor positioning for one on ones. Not prem quality at the moment for me

Without going too far into detail. Totally disagree, and is more than adequate as a

PL Gk…We stay up I would be happy if he keeps No1 jersey..

Not terrible distribution just average..1-1s also saved a couple…We ain’t got Shilton

but this lad will do..

I think considering Iversen has just come into the side, he’s done really well. If we are going to give Ward 3/4 of a season, let’s see how good iversen is after that amount of time. I think he’s better than Ward, but he’s also got some improvement in him , which is exciting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lee7 said:

Kaspers distribution really wasn't as bad as a lot of fans like to make out. 

Theres only really one goalkeeper with pin point distribution and that's Ederson.

Schmeichels distribution was probably better than 85% of the rest of the goalkeepers in the premier league.

It really wasn’t look at his pass success rate prior to 2018 went from 40-50% to  65-70% when Rodgers come in and changed the way the ball was distributed.