Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

9 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

When you have a defence as shit as ours, you're going to want exactly a keeper like Kasper. Have we even seen a 1v1 save this season? Kasper has the highest save % in 1on1s in Ligue 1.

Thinking back, we were so lucky to have Kasper. He was an incredible shot stopper. I always had hope that Kasper could save 1-1s. With Ward, it is a certain goal. With Iversen, I will reserve my judgment but from what can be seen so far he is far better than Ward. It is hard to replicate Kasper level though. Kasper was however poor at corners (and as it turns out we were also lucky to have had Morgan - funny how we dropped off a cliff defensively immediately after Morgan retired and Evan constantly injured).  

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

It is nice to not think that any shot will result in a goal, he's a massive improvement on Ward. Not sure if he will make it at PL level, time will tell, but he definitely gives us a better chance.

Thinking back it really was bizarre to start the Brentford game on opening day with Ward. Injured throughout pre-season but was then handed the start anyway. Bizarre. Costly.

Elite management from Rodgers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

It really wasn’t look at his pass success rate prior to 2018 went from 40-50% to  65-70% when Rodgers come in and changed the way the ball was distributed. 

Exactly....Puel/Rodgers changed the way we distributed the ball from the back. 

When your just being asked to pump it long to Vardy your pass completion is never going to be as successful as it is when your playing short 20-30 yard passes out to the CBs

In hindsight, we can clearly see one error of Rodgers was to pick Ward as his number 1 ahead of Iversen. Probably hard to tell  at the time so not sure if we can hold that against him. What we can hold against him though is that he didn’t make the change sooner.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

No hindsight at all from me. Ward should not have played the Brentford game in August as he wasn't fit and Iversen had done most of preseason (with Kasper for most of it ffs!). Brendan picking ward showed crazy favoritism and it was clear early on there were problems. By the time we got the Brighton game in September it was clear we had serious issues at the back. Its madness to consider how long it took to change it.

Clearly Soyuncu and Iversen gave him a right pasting outside training one day during preseason 

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

No hindsight at all from me. Ward should not have played the Brentford game in August as he wasn't fit and Iversen had done most of preseason (with Kasper for most of it ffs!). Brendan picking ward showed crazy favoritism and it was clear early on there were problems. By the time we got the Brighton game in September it was clear we had serious issues at the back. Its madness to consider how long it took to change it.

And there were people on here (could tag them but I won't :thumbup:) that said there was no way we could tell Iversen was better than Ward because we don't watch them in training. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And there were people on here (could tag them but I won't :thumbup:) that said there was no way we could tell Iversen was better than Ward because we don't watch them in training. 

Yeah where are the Welsh contingent that wouldn’t accept he’s utter dogshit? Haven’t heard from them in a while 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

You would have thought the week we played Brighton and Spurs, and Ward let in 11 goals might have been a good time to do something, but that's not the kind of thing 10 million pounds a year of elite managerial decision making provides, apparently.

26 game run despite both the eye test and stats, equally showed an unprecedented level of poor keeping at this level. Utterly bizarre. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It's already looking like even just putting Iversen in for Ward and not sorting the issue with Soyuncu has cost him his job. Despite the multiple other failings, they'd still have kept him if we were outside the relegation zone. 

Sometimes you don't want to be proved right and think there must be a reason why these people paid millions to make decisions are making them. 

I can only conclude he'd given up / wanted the sack. He was impossibly bad.

4 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

26 game run despite both the eye test and stats, equally showed an unprecedented level of poor keeping at this level. Utterly bizarre. 

Of all the shite things BR did, playing Ward while he was obviously awful sums up what a grade A dick he was ..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

In hindsight, we can clearly see one error of Rodgers was to pick Ward as his number 1 ahead of Iversen. Probably hard to tell  at the time so not sure if we can hold that against him. What we can hold against him though is that he didn’t make the change sooner.  

Bigger was mistake was letting Kasper go and believing either Ward or Iversen were good enough ……cost us at least 5-10 points !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Ward was injured until the week of the first game it would have been very easy to just stay with the keeper that played all of pre season, Rodgers has no excuse

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Of all the players I’ve seen recently introduced to the club/first team, I have the best feeling about Iversen.

He looks and plays like a Premiership keeper and the more he plays, the better he’ll look.

He DID look shaky in the first few games he started. But he’s been given his chance and I think he’s taking it.

God only knows why Rodgers stuck with Ward for so long, other than his stubbornness to accept he’d made the wrong call.

Whether we stay up or go down, the goalie situation isn’t the priority it was imo.

49 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Been coached by Kasper on distribution but otherwise he makes Ward look Sunday League

So does my nan. Jokes aside, Iversen looks out of his depth with the ball at his feet. If we stay up we're going to need a more complete keeper.