Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Top quality save from Neves at the end. Didn't have any other save to make (partly thanks to Soyuncu in front of him). 

Usually helps the defense to known they play in front of a competent goalie as well 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2023 at 16:44, Chelmofox said:

No hindsight at all from me. Ward should not have played the Brentford game in August as he wasn't fit and Iversen had done most of preseason (with Kasper for most of it ffs!). Brendan picking ward showed crazy favoritism and it was clear early on there were problems. By the time we got the Brighton game in September it was clear we had serious issues at the back. Its madness to consider how long it took to change it.

Completely. It seemed bonkers to me at the time. And for Rodgers not to hastily reevaluate was negligence.

I like him. Not sure he’s the long term solution as a no.1, but he’s at least added a trustworthy presence in goal for us. Good save from the free kick, though in honesty I’d expect any decent keeper to make it - which means Ward probably wouldn’t have!

• Haha 1

Good save from the free kick if that was Ward it would have been a certain goal and 2 points lost . That said his distribution is woeful  . I seriously can’t recall a single kick reaching its desired target .It just kept inviting pressure on to us  giving possession back to Wolves , even the commentators picked up on it . . If he can work on it then he’ll be fine if he can’t then we need s new keeper. 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

If only BR had not been so stubborn for so long and kept in Ward we would not be in this position now. 

The other thing BR could have done is play our best defender in front of Ward to protect him instead of bombscare Amartey!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Kicking is frustrating but the fact he can keep the ball out of the net is far more important. 

Tbf kasper kicked it out for a throw in 9/10 why the commentators would say every single game it was unlike him. But he stopped shots and my god have I missed that. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

when Wilf is on the field and we have a goal kick push him right up as a target man and put the goal kicks right up the middle, asking him to hit the wingers means he needs to be pinpoint, play the percentages