Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

8 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

So so criminal, it's quite ironic that seeing Iversen perform infuriates me more than seeing Ward's circus acts.

I bet creating a reel of Ward's antics this season would be pure comedy for neutral spectators. He approaches the ball with the same no-look technique as a magician does when making a rabbit disappear from a hat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unlike a lot of positions, Goalkeeper is a position where you can improve a lot of your game in training but one thing you can’t teach is the natural instinct that is shot stopping. Iversen makes some unbelievable reactive saves and that’s what you pay the money for.

Age 25 is a baby really. playing in goal and he’s got the scope to be so good. He’s got areas that need drastic improvement like his distribution with his feet - he actually makes good decisions and is good with his throwing, but some of the saves he’s made so far in his career are immense. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I actually think Daka is good aerially on the wing. Won lots of them against Wolves and same again tonight. 

TBF he did well at that tonight, the rapid run up gives him a lot more height than you'd think. reminds me of how Hume would reliably outjump De Vries. just a shame he's also got Humes confidence in front of goal 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It's depressing seeing him make a couple of saves like that, knowing full well that we'd have lost that game with Ward in goal and that we had to put up with Ward for the first 26 matches of the season. Honestly can't believe Rodgers seemed to be the only person in the world who thought Ward was still worth sticking to.

I don't know how many clues Rodgers needed before he decided to drop him, awful stats, awful to watch, the opposite of keeping you in the game more like drowning you. For christ sake Forest's 2nd or 3rd choice is ahead of him on the national team, it's ****ing Wales lmao!! If that wasn't enough of a clue I don't know what is.

Edited by BillyFOX12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

The one big thing he’s capable of that Ward isn’t is producing the big moments. Couldn’t name you a time this season where Ward has saved us points like Iversen has with a big save. 

Ward is objectively a very shit keeper whose blood type is Greggs but he made some outrageous stops at Molineux and Goodison, in his defence.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted also elsewhere..

I believe Iversen is shaping up to be a top goalkeeper..I couldn’t care what others say,because I don’t go OTT on every error…but tonight he shouldn’t have been beaten on the post… If it went across him to the other corner ok. But the near post area belongs to the GK..

I still rate him and his future potential..

• Like 1

What surprised me has how sharp he was off his line.

In 7 games he has concede 11 goals at 1.57 goals a game.

Ward going at 1.76 goals per game.

Based on that over 38 games.

Ward would conceded 68.7 goals.

Iverson would conceded 59.28

Next target for Dan is a couple of cleansheets.

Should have done better for the goal but apart from that was absolutely superb - saving us multiple times every game - absolutely criminal that horrible little dwarf played ward for so long - of all the bodgers screw ups this has to be right up there - Iverson is a very capabale keeper at this level and is showing it 

Edited by jv1

lol I knew the poundshop Gary Nevilles would be spouting the same old guff about how he should have saved a bullet header right into the bottom corner from 6 yards, because it happened to be the near post.

Guy looks class, you can see why Preston rated him. The more he plays the better he will get. His reading of the game seems spot on, he just actually looks like a goalkeeper who belongs at this level.

• Like 2

Don't agree that he was at fault for the goal. Could have potentially got across quicker yeah, but I'm not a fan of the "keeper should never be beat at near post" thought. 

That goal gets stopped before the cross is allowed in, not from the keeper.

Castange was at fault for the goal.  He always seems to let the attacker get in front of him and never uses his body to try and block and make contact to draw a foul. 

He made some great saves and one less thing to worry about in the team.  

He is too slow in his decision making, he needs to release the ball for quick counters but ponders too much and slips into auto passing around the back.  I think that has been drilled into him from BR and the coaching so I can look past that for this season.

All he needs is to watch Kasper to Fuchs at United on loop.