Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

Guest Col city fan

The difference between Iversen and Ward is very clear. When Iversen got his chance, he’s taken it.

Ward had his chance.. and blew it.

Iversen looks much the better keeper anyway, but I’m guessing he must be mentally stronger too. 

14 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Bin off the scouting team then, let's just employ some folk every April/May to scour other teams forums and sod off to their awards nights to see who what players their fans like. That's the proper measure of how good a player is

If we'd done this we wouldn't have signed Vestergaard or Tete

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I should add, the opinion of giving him a chance over ward at the start of the season I'm fine with, it's more the proclamations that he's clearly better, when first hand evidence if so weak. 

I mean we have the stats though? https://fbref.com/tiny/h0lDx

Iversen at 24 at Preston, Ward at 23 at Huddersfield. Iversen was facing more shots but conceding less, making a higher percentage of saves. The only thing ward has over him is penalties. the stats show Iversen was better going into the season, anyone who'd watched a few Preston games Vs Huddersfield games back in 2018 could tell you Iversen was better and after the first five games this season there's no way he could possibly be worse than the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man Rodgers had made number 1

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Starting Ward at the start of the season was fair enough, he earned his opportunity. But the issue was he was so shaky in his first 5 games that he needed replacing, and we had a great challenger for his position on the bench. A smart manager would have players challenge each other for their position, to maintain high standards. 

How did Ward earn his opportunity?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

Could easily become one of the best keepers in this league. He will be Denmark's No.1 too very soon as well

Needs to dramatically improve the footballing side of goal keeping to be a modern keeper. Has time and top facilities on his side 🤞

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean we have the stats though? https://fbref.com/tiny/h0lDx

Iversen at 24 at Preston, Ward at 23 at Huddersfield. Iversen was facing more shots but conceding less, making a higher percentage of saves. The only thing ward has over him is penalties. the stats show Iversen was better going into the season, anyone who'd watched a few Preston games Vs Huddersfield games back in 2018 could tell you Iversen was better and after the first five games this season there's no way he could possibly be worse than the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man Rodgers had made number 1

Comparing the stats of somebody now compared to the stats of somebody +5 years ago? Really? 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Kasper said he joined after a successful trial in 2016. So must have been here before Ward.

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

Joined us in around 2017-18 from memory - had a few loans, Rotherham, Preston and OH Leuven I think as well. 

I'd like to think based on how he has kept last few games, he's learnt a lot off Kasper as opposed to Stowell or any one else. Which is a good thing! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Comparing the stats of somebody now compared to the stats of somebody +5 years ago? Really? 

This kind of backs up the point as that was when Ward last played regularly

he didn't appear to have improved in those 5 years either aside being awarded the Conrad Logan trophy for bum splinters

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd like to think based on how he has kept last few games, he's learnt a lot off Kasper as opposed to Stowell or any one else. Which is a good thing! 

Yes absolutely, think Stowell has an incredibly cushy job by the way. 

I know it is only 1 game, but wow, just wow. 

No doubt in my mind that if Ward had been in goal, we would have lost 4 or 5-2 last night. 

So glad that we won't have to spend the summer looking for a new No.1 when we have other priorities to worry about.

On a side note, Kasper has a future at Sky Sports. He was an absolute pro! Miss him! Fook u Rodgers!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

All of the traditional keeper traits he's very good at. It's not as if Ward was excellent on the deck either so their persistence with Ward was baffling. Given we're going to have to sign 6+ plus players spending circa £20m on a new keeper would be daft.

And it was obvious even last season that Brendan's build from the back tactics were not working. We don't have the players to make it work successfully on a consistent basis.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

comparing the stats of two goal keepers playing at the same level at roughly the same age, yes

Not really because it’s assuming all players progress equally which obviously isn’t true. Players don’t improve and grow in the same bell curve. Compare the stats of Bojan Krkic to just about anyone else including Lionel

Messi at 16 and Bojan is probably going to become the greatest player of all time.

Compare 2 excellent PL strikers for example - a player like Michael Owen who was great at his peak at 18 and then went downwards from the age of about 21 to a player like Didier Drogba who only really became a great player in his 30s.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Not really because it’s assuming all players progress equally which obviously isn’t true. Players don’t improve and grow in the same bell curve. Compare the stats of Bojan Krkic to just about anyone else including Lionel

Messi at 16 and Bojan is probably going to become the greatest player of all time.

Compare 2 excellent PL strikers for example - a player like Michael Owen who was great at his peak at 18 and then went downwards from the age of about 21 to a player like Didier Drogba who only really became a great player in his 30s.

Don’t forget a certain Mr Vardy 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Here we go again,  you didn't know. Nobody here knew, nobody had seen more than a couple of games of him playing for Preston and we'd not seen him in the premier league for us. 

We knew what Ward was like as we'd seen him a few times at least, but until recently we had no idea how good or bad this lad was. It's no different to people proclaiming Tete was going to be amazing off the back of a few games watched in a different league, and it turns out he's utter muck. 

It's not a hard concept to grasp.

You love Danny Ward’s fat arse don’t you?

I've been keen on Mamardashvili ever since those links came about but seeing Iversen last few games makes me think we'll be just fine whatever division we're in. At least for next few years hopefully.

Spend money elsewhere - the midfield next season will need hugely replenishing. 

• Like 2