Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

Just now, Mike1983 said:

Iversen gets injured, Danny Ward starts. Let the good times begin!

A one man relegation machine. The club needs to tell a good story and have him shipped off to Spurs, last I heard they're looking to sign a new keeper, and Ward's resume on paper isn't half bad either.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

Iversen gets injured, Danny Ward starts. Let the good times begin!

I would genuinely exit the stadium if that clown ever steps on the grass again. It's pointless. We may as well just add an 11th outfield player. 

Ward's name will forever be remembered. Along with poor old Norman Leet, Junior Lewis, Peter Gilbert, Peter Eccles and Rab Douglas (who, astonishingly, I'd rate as better - or at least not worse - than Ward)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Hammo said:

I agree that the ‘sabotage’ argument (ridiculous though it might sound - especially for him to actually get away with it) is gaining traction with every passing game.

But there is one other (more realistic) conclusion to be drawn:

Rodgers was just an awful manager who had lost his way to such an extent that virtually every big decision he made was the wrong one.

Yeah this is the other one, but I just don't think he can be that bad. Is he genuinely that daft? There is no way he can have genuinely believed until mid March that Ward was the right option. It's negligence.

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I was regularly on the Preston forum talking to their fans after games about how he got on, would often post their comments into our loans thread about how he had single handedly got them points from unreal saves he had made etc.

They loved him there and would have done anything to keep him, were saying how he would easily be a Prem keeper, checked on their recently and a few were saying how we deserve to go down just for choosing to play Ward over Iversen

And they would be correct.

• Like 2

Even pundits are now wondering after yesterdays game why Rogers never played Iverson from the start of the season lol!

like we’ve been saying all along but they suddenly see the light now. Need to find Rogers and put him on trial for crimes against football.

• Like 1

I cant believe I am getting wound up by Crooks (the very definition of stealing a living), but why is Pickford getting credit for doing research ?

there will be analysts at the club who provide this info, shirley ?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Messi said:

Tbf his kicking wouldn’t look as bad if we had a winger who wasn’t scared of getting hurt when jumping up for flick ons (Barnes).

Not a lot Barnes can do when the majority of those kicks are flying out for throw ins! Can't blame barnes for those.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

I cant believe I am getting wound up by Crooks (the very definition of stealing a living), but why is Pickford getting credit for doing research ?

there will be analysts at the club who provide this info, shirley ?

No, Pickford loves Excel and creating data reports

• Haha 2

His kicking is poor, but he is a decent shot stopper, and has started improving on free kicks and corners.

Over the course of the season would have been good enough to gain us at least half a dozen or so points in my opinion.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 02/05/2023 at 13:32, Jabfox said:

Yes absolutely, think Stowell has an incredibly cushy job by the way. 

That man has been "stealing a living" off LCFC for far too long....!

Done nothing for goalkeepers at the club in his entire tenure and only remained in post because he let Kasper do whatever he wanted to do....and that's not just MY opinion!

He'll probably start trying to take some of the plaudits now for Iversen but the reality is that we bought Iversen as a Danish U19 International and he improved more as a GK being out on loan in Div1 and championship than he did while he was under Stowell's/Beaglehole's tutelage.....hence the reason why his foot skills remains one of his major weaknesses as he has always been asked to play long-ball football.

• Like 4