Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

2 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

That man has been "stealing a living" off LCFC for far too long....!

Done nothing for goalkeepers at the club in his entire tenure and only remained in post because he let Kasper do whatever he wanted to do....and that's not just MY opinion!

He'll probably start trying to take some of the plaudits now for Iversen but the reality is that we bought Iversen as a Danish U19 International and he improved more as a GK being out on loan in Div1 and championship than he did while he was under Stowell's/Beaglehole's tutelage.....hence the reason why his foot skills remains one of his major weaknesses as he has always been asked to play long-ball football.

Yeah completely agree, granted we don’t see what goes on day in day out but can’t imagine he does much and no real proof he’s improved any keeper we’ve had imo. 

2 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Yeah completely agree, granted we don’t see what goes on day in day out but can’t imagine he does much and no real proof he’s improved any keeper we’ve had imo. 

Kasper improved no end during his time with us, he went from a keeper Leeds were happy to get rid of, when they were awful - to being one of the best in the world in his prime.

Iversen has also been here and improved, yes he was already a keeper with potential and that’s why we signed him, but now he’s at the point where he’s a Premier League number One and being named in the full Denmark squad.

I don’t know much about the young American keeper we have, but he’s also received a full American call up since he’s been here.

You’re right, we don’t know what happens on the training ground day to day and who is responsible for improvements - but there have been improvements in those three at least in their time.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Kasper improved no end during his time with us, he went from a keeper Leeds were happy to get rid of, when they were awful - to being one of the best in the world in his prime.

Iversen has also been here and improved, yes he was already a keeper with potential and that’s why we signed him, but now he’s at the point where he’s a Premier League number One and being named in the full Denmark squad.

I don’t know much about the young American keeper we have, but he’s also received a full American call up since he’s been here.

You’re right, we don’t know what happens on the training ground day to day and who is responsible for improvements - but there have been improvements in those three at least in their time.

Yeah fair enough valid points mate 👍

He seems to be one of the best shot stoppers about, yes his kicking is not the best but would not be as much of an issue if we had a big striker who could compete in the air against the center backs.

The thing I like most about him is he knows his distribution is not the best so plays it safe whereas when Kasper was here his distribution was equally as bad but he thought it was good and got us into trouble on multiple occasions.

On 02/05/2023 at 21:43, Paninistickers said:

I would genuinely exit the stadium if that clown ever steps on the grass again. It's pointless. We may as well just add an 11th outfield player. 

Ward's name will forever be remembered. Along with poor old Norman Leet, Junior Lewis, Peter Gilbert, Peter Eccles and Rab Douglas (who, astonishingly, I'd rate as better - or at least not worse - than Ward)

And there was me naively believing that it couldn't be possible to ever see a see a goalie worse than Rab (can't jump won't jump) Douglas in a Leicester City shirt.

• Like 1

Just now, Ginger_Filbert said:

I hope so, he’s more than good enough. We’ve got to rebuild too many other positions to not give Iversen the chance he now deserves. 

And to be honest, we probably do not have the money to be picking and choosing.

16 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Done nothing for goalkeepers at the club in his entire tenure and only remained in post because he let Kasper do whatever he wanted to do....and that's not just MY opinion!

He'll probably start trying to take some of the plaudits now for Iversen but the reality is that we bought Iversen as a Danish U19 International and he improved more as a GK being out on loan in Div1 and championship than he did while he was under Stowell's/Beaglehole's tutelage.....hence the reason why his foot skills remains one of his major weaknesses as he has always been asked to play long-ball football.

Absolutely agree, It's been way too cosy for far too long 

By and large our goalkeepers technique is absolutely shite - Kasper got away with it due to supreme talent 

56 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’d imagine he will be first choice now whether we stay up or go down. 

Depending on how the next few games go we could even struggle to hold onto him if we go down. One of the promoted teams might come and test our resolve and that's the brutal reality of it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Struggles with this also

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Depending on how the next few games go we could even struggle to hold onto him if we go down. One of the promoted teams might come and test our resolve and that's the brutal reality of it.

Looked at the Spurs forum just to see if they want Brendan.......and on their new goalkeeper posts some have said that they should go after Iversen after his heroic saves against Everton.

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I’d imagine he’ll want to stay settled somewhere and just play regularly. Not sure he’d want to move and be battling it out no1 again. Here, he’ll be no1 

It’s lovely to see him play now that he’s getting a bit of confidence. He’s got potential to get better aswell.

if we stay up and we want to gun for a top 8 place we might  need to replace him but if we stay up and accept next season  is a rebuild he could  really grow and improve next year and he’d be ready to smash it season after.

if we get relegated, definitely keep him!!

5 hours ago, MPH said:

It’s lovely to see him play now that he’s getting a bit of confidence. He’s got potential to get better aswell.

if we stay up and we want to gun for a top 8 place we might  need to replace him but if we stay up and accept next season  is a rebuild he could  really grow and improve next year and he’d be ready to smash it season after.

if we get relegated, definitely keep him!!

He'll be sold if we go down. There will be plenty of takers. 

Ironic really, that he'll have a.queue of clubs but absolutely nobody on earth be buying Rodgers' number 1 bum chum Ward. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

He'll be sold if we go down. There will be plenty of takers. 

Ironic really, that he'll have a.queue of clubs but absolutely nobody on earth be buying Rodgers' number 1 bum chum Ward. 

Horrific scenario just came to mind: Last days of the transfer window, Iversen gets sold, the club does nothing about it and Ward is yet again our no1. Now where have we seen this shite before?

• Sad 3

I’d like to think should we go down, Iversen would be one of the people we keep. 

Whichever leave we’re in, we are going to have so many new players, we ned to keep certain players to keep it at a minimal. 

I’d like to think he wouldn’t push to move. He’s only had a few premier league games and has his career ahead of him so hopefully he’d stay and be first choice if we go down.

Even if we stay up, I don’t think he needs replacing. He will be constantly improving with age and he is more than good enough, as shown, for a side battling relegation.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

He's been brilliant shame he wasn't number one from the start of the season!

You know, you're right! I'm amazed nobody's come on here to say this before.

Sorry, that was a bit mean of me.

Edited by Phil Bowman
Edited to say 'Sorry, that was a bit mean of me.'
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

You know, you're right! I'm amazed nobody's come on here to say this before.

Sorry, that was a bit mean of me.

A lot of people need to share their discombobulation.    Ward's widening the angle while making himself small was astonishing to see on repeat.