Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

Good shot stopper no doubt, but aside from the poor distribution, what particularly concerns me is his apparent lack of command over the defense. Granted, he is still young and has room for growth, but I distinctly recall how Kasper immediately displayed a compact and fierce presence, instilling confidence and asserting control from the very beginning.

12 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Good shot stopper no doubt, but aside from the poor distribution, what particularly concerns me is his apparent lack of command over the defense. Granted, he is still young and has room for growth, but I distinctly recall how Kasper immediately displayed a compact and fierce presence, instilling confidence and asserting control from the very beginning.

There's no need to dwell on comparing our current goalkeepers to Kasper Schmeichel, an exceptional Premier League goalkeeper with vast experience at the highest level, for club and country. It's unrealistic to expect a signing of his caliber in the near future, so why bother?

I said in the match thread Iversen isnt outstanding, but I think since he was given his chances, he's proven he could be number 1 in a lower half team with the right players around him. I think he's definitely shown the potential to be a premier league goalkeeper should he get a proper run, although I still think if we somehow scrape through this season we need to upgrade if possible. 

18 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Certainly better than Ward, although that is a low bar to be honest, but for me, i would still be looking for a new number 1 keeper for next season, regardless of the division we are in. 

If that's the bar we've set, I think I'll strap on some oven mitts and head over to Seagrave tomorrow, for a shot at becoming the new backup goalie.

• Haha 3

Has his moments but I think you can tell he's been chucked in a side bereft of confidence.

I sure had he started the season we would have a few more points on the board and he wouldn't be under the huge pressure he currently is due to our predicament 

20 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I said in the match thread Iversen isnt outstanding, but I think since he was given his chances, he's proven he could be number 1 in a lower half team with the right players around him. I think he's definitely shown the potential to be a premier league goalkeeper should he get a proper run, although I still think if we somehow scrape through this season we need to upgrade if possible. 

Any suggestions?

Also quite a few team looking for a goalkeeper now 

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Goalkeepers start attacks these days, this guy isn't starting a single attack at any point so painfully slow and has a brainfreeze whenever he has the ball. Better at saving shots than Ward but we need better whichever league we're in.

Such as the mess we are in, if we go down, replacing Iversen is low down the list of priorities. If funds are limited, I’d focus our attention elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Any suggestions?

Also quite a few team looking for a goalkeeper now 

Yeah that’s an issue plenty of teams need keepers now but If we somehow stay up I really like the look of Nantes captain Lafont, he’s 24 and has 250 appearances in the top flight in France and a season in Serie A, Tall at 6’5, I think Nantes are the sort of team that can’t command mega figures from better leagues as they don’t have a huge amount of money and the premier league is too much of a lure for them to hold onto players, I know last season he was being rumoured at valued around 20-25m so could be affordable with Maddison going.

Altay Bayindir will be free in the summer from Fenerbahce but I’d expect him to go to a bigger club in Europe somewhere as he’s been rumoured for a while to go to multiple clubs including Spurs and I think Barcelona a couple of years ago. 

If we go down might aswell keep Iversen, a season in the championship as #1 could well be the stability he needs to kick on, I can’t imagine it’s easy to really learn how the deal with top flight football with that mess ahead of him on the pitch 😂 and worth remembering although he hasn’t been amazing, Schmeichel was in the lower leagues for a number of years before he really settled with us and improved to the level he peaked at in the prem, so maybe Iversen may come even better? 

He did okay, but I feel the occasion weighed in on him a bit yesterday. A full season with him though, and he’s winning you a few points. Kicking is awful. However, the fact he’s not Danny Ward for this season, means I can forgive him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Certainly better than Ward, although that is a low bar to be honest, but for me, i would still be looking for a new number 1 keeper for next season, regardless of the division we are in. 

Given the amount of players we need, we are going to have to settle for Iversen for a season, even if we stay up. 

26 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Given the amount of players we need, we are going to have to settle for Iversen for a season, even if we stay up. 

I know what you mean,but we've seen this season how important it is to have a good goalkeeper, that can save and win you points, or on the flip side, cost you points.  So for me personally, a new goalkeeper would be my first priority, as I don't think Ward or Iversen are good enough for either a premier league team or a team hoping to be promoted from the championship.

My two concerns with Iversen are obviously his kicking but the biggest one for me is him coming for crosses he's rooted to his line with corners and when he does come he flaps, similar to Schmeichel and Ward i suppose I'm wondering if that is down to coaching though.