Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

1 hour ago, old koppite said:

2 very important saves in the second half ( but a scary fumble in the first!).

He was unlucky, he actually had 2 hands on it, but he was pro active rather than passive, had he have left it and it had resulted in a goal, we'd have criticised him for not going for it, which we did with kasper a fair bit. It was a decision he made and he'll learn from it.

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Ward can kick but can’t shot stop. Iversen can shot stop but can’t kick.

I'd rather have Iversen. 

Ideally the keepers job is to keep the ball out. That's the primary function of a goalkeeper. Can Ward kick that well? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Iversen’s shot stopping ability outweighs his weaknesses.

Kicking wise I agree, Pope is ****ing awful with his feet but is up there as the best shot stoppers in the league.

My worry is the Fulham clanger and the flapping last night and why I think we need to sign another keeper.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Kicking wise I agree, Pope is ****ing awful with his feet but is up there as the best shot stoppers in the league.

My worry is the Fulham clanger and the flapping last night and why I think we need to sign another keeper.

Kasper started his early days flapping (Doncaster away). 

Keepers will have their flaws. Thankfully they can be worked on, hopefully he becomes more assured and composed the more he plays. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I still think he’s young by goalkeeping standards. At 25 he could play another 12ish years in the Premier League. If he’s fit for 80% of the games and plays that’s 360+ games if he’s first choice. 

image.thumb.png.614378a997a2dfe6fa0689d04cdac08e.png

That would mean he’d be pushing the current top 10 in terms of appearances. The goalkeepers at the top of this list obviously played past the mid 30s. 

47 minutes ago, Sly said:

I still think he’s young by goalkeeping standards. At 25 he could play another 12ish years in the Premier League. If he’s fit for 80% of the games and plays that’s 360+ games if he’s first choice. 

image.thumb.png.614378a997a2dfe6fa0689d04cdac08e.png

That would mean he’d be pushing the current top 10 in terms of appearances. The goalkeepers at the top of this list obviously played past the mid 30s. 

I’m not doubting potential, I’m doubting the here and now.

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Kasper started his early days flapping (Doncaster away). 

Keepers will have their flaws. Thankfully they can be worked on, hopefully he becomes more assured and composed the more he plays. 

At Doncaster Away Kasper had already shown me that this was an anomaly by making many appearances across all levels. Iversen has played about 12 games for us and is lucky not to have cost us 2, maybe 3 goals in that period.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Under no circumstances should Ward remain at the club. 

I think BRs insistence on Ward might have cost us. It's harsh on him - he was never good enough. But as far as I'm concerned he can **** right off.

• Like 1

Just now, trabuch said:

I think BRs insistence on Ward might have cost us. It's harsh on him - he was never good enough. But as far as I'm concerned he can **** right off.

Yeah, no reason to keep. Not good enough as you say. Not good enough for leagues well below us, even if we do go down 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Learn how to kick a football over summer please, Daniel! 

He's plenty good enough if he can.

Hes been at the club now for 6-7 years under the GK tutelage of Stowell and Thomson. 

if they haven't taught him to kick in the last 7 years, do you really think they're going to manage to do that in the next 3 months?   

And if they can manage to do that in such a short-timeframe, how come they haven't done anything about it in the last 6 years?

Iversen is a great shot-stopper so the solution is simple for me.....get some proper coaches in who can improve his footskills and  teach him to kick OR accept the fact that Iversen's footskills and kicking are beyond coaching.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

At Doncaster Away Kasper had already shown me that this was an anomaly by making many appearances across all levels. Iversen has played about 12 games for us and is lucky not to have cost us 2, maybe 3 goals in that period.

And is also responsible for us not conceding probably about another 10.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Hes been at the club now for 6-7 years under the GK tutelage of Stowell and Thomson. 

if they haven't taught him to kick in the last 7 years, do you really think they're going to manage to do that in the next 3 months?   

And if they can manage to do that in such a short-timeframe, how come they haven't done anything about it in the last 6 years?

Iversen is a great shot-stopper so the solution is simple for me.....get some proper coaches in who can improve his footskills and  teach him to kick OR accept the fact that Iversen's footskills and kicking are beyond coaching.

He joined us in 2018 and then spent the next 4 years out on loan until this season

Not that I think they would have improved him if he was here anyway