Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

6 hours ago, Aleksz said:

And is also responsible for us not conceding probably about another 10.

Correct, but that’s what normal goalkeepers do. Don’t be clouded by the fact we have had 6 months of Danny Ward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Think the equation is relatively simple.

Go down - Iversen stays as no 1. Ward no 2 unless we can shift him.

Stay up - new keeper comes in, partially funded by selling Iversen with Ward as no 2.

I honestly wouldn’t want Ward as our no2, he’s by no means a goalkeeper.

Ward’s a two time lottery winner, just imagine the luxury of being able to spend your entire career in a front row seat, watching top-flight football, without ever breaking a sweat, all the while earning a substantial income.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

I honestly wouldn’t want Ward as our no2, he’s by no means a goalkeeper.

Ward’s a two time lottery winner, just imagine the luxury of being able to spend your entire career in a front row seat, watching top-flight football, without ever breaking a sweat, all the while earning a substantial income.

Yes if we go down it should be Iversen then Smithies for our goalkeepers. Get Stolarcyzk another loan and then review the whole situation next summer. I question Iversen’s mentality - Leuven friendly when he must have been told Kasper was leaving, made a massive mistake. Then a few times he’s looked a tad shaky recently- But except for his kicking, he has great ability as a keeper. A full season as number one may make him more relaxed and perform better, like was seen at Preston.

Ward needs getting rid, even if it costs us money in doing so.

• Like 3

Ward still got 2 years left on his deal, I would expect if he were to leave the club it would probably be on loan as a backup/third choice keeper to a premier league club. Really can't see anyone buying him as it is clear from this season he's championship standard, no premier league team is going to spend serious money on him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He joined us in 2018

He signed in January 2016

2018 was when he progressed from U21s to senior loans

I just learned he has a younger brother Lukas (16 y/o) who's also a goalkeeper at the club we signed Daniel from too, wonder if we've been scouting him 😆

22 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He joined us in 2018 and then spent the next 4 years out on loan until this season

Not that I think they would have improved him if he was here anyway

He played for Beagleholes  U23s for 2 years before he went out on loan and his instructions were always to kick it long.....no emphasis ever on footskill and technique development.

I would like to see Kasper Schmeichel back, we had the worst defence in the premier league this season, and one important contributing factor was the lack of a commanding goalkeeper (and of course Ward, who wasn’t a goalkeeper period).

Iversen is a great shot-stopper and his distribution can be improved on, but I don’t see him as someone who can assert authority and lead the defensive line effectively like Kasper did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

I would like to see Kasper Schmeichel back, we had the worst defence in the premier league this season, and one important contributing factor was the lack of a commanding goalkeeper (and of course Ward, who wasn’t a goalkeeper period).

Iversen is a great shot-stopper and his distribution can be improved on, but I don’t see him as someone who can assert authority and lead the defensive line effectively like Kasper did.

That's why you need a gobby experienced CB. I think Iversen is good enough for what we need. I doubt a prem side will go for him. His distribution can be improv d with coaching. His reflex saves, is natural ability. He's young as a keeper and being number 1 will help. 

I have no qualms over him being our keeper next season. 

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

Build a team with Iversen next season. He needs a consistent run. No point constantly chopping and changing. We need a solid spine for the next few years and that starts with the keeper

He needs work on his distribution and, more importantly, communication massively.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He needs work on his distribution and, more importantly, communication massively.

true and Mike Stowell needs to be part of the clear out, its fine margins at the top and simply put Iversen, being nothing special, if he'd been brought in after 10 games we wouldn't have gotten relegated

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

true and Mike Stowell needs to be part of the clear out, its fine margins at the top and simply put Iversen, being nothing special, if he'd been brought in after 10 games we wouldn't have gotten relegated

100% agree ref Stowell. He works with the keepers day in day out and obviously stuck by ward for far too long when reporting back to Rodgers. That’s sackable itself 

Edited by alanf0x

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Which is fine, we won't find a perfect keeper off the market. Gonna have to build him up, he has the potential. Kasper wasn't the finished article by any means when he first came to us. I believe that the communication element will also improve once the backline in front is solid and unchanged. 

• Like 2

I really hope he's given a chance next season. He's got Championship experience under his belt, he came in and did a decent job at a ridiculously intense time, hopefully that'll have been character building for him. Be great to think he could take this opportunity to develop (especially kicking) and become our established Number 1 for the foreseeable.

• Like 1