Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

15 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

He made some good saves prior to this, but this one was straight out of the Danny Ward positioning book - in fact Ward might have saved this one, as there is no way that Danny's fat arse would have had this much hang-time.

Seriously, what is Amartey doing? Why has he even considered that pass as on when Ricardo is open. Before he plays the pass, the midfielders body has shifted to intercept that ball. Ricardo has time and then 2 possible offloads. Amartey needs to be gone.

image.png.024155c0b0250137dbf751e5c81ea720.png

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seriously, what is Amartey doing? Why has he even considered that pass as on when Ricardo is open. Before he plays the pass, the midfielders body has shifted to intercept that ball. Ricardo has time and then 2 possible offloads. Amartey needs to be gone.

image.png.024155c0b0250137dbf751e5c81ea720.png

Made me ill watching that in real time. Like being able to see 5 seconds into the future. The brain farts seem limited now with Souttar and Faes in place. Not perfect but better.

49 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

You can’t polish a turd 

In fairness I don't think Ward or Iverson are bad gks. Just not good enough for us. Given the limited time I've seen Iverson I would say that he seems to be a better shot stopper but his distribution won't cut it. Really needs to work on his kicking. Not even passable. The club have really screwed the pooch when it comes to this. It's Ward till the end of the season or bust. 

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

You can’t polish a turd 

Stowell was close to Kasper but in all the years he's been here how much did he improve our keepers? Kasper never seemed to improve on his weaknesses, and we have seen what's happening with Ward, its long past time he was sacked and someone better hired to what is a crucial coaching position

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

I've not watched the game back (I'd be a fvcking sadist if I did lol), but how good were the saves in the 2nd half when we were facing the onslaught? I remember they were through on goal and he saved one quite well and it went out for a corner.

And the save in the first half when Dolan (?) had the freedom of Leicester to pick his spot but Iversen spread his body well to save it.

We'll never know if Ward would have saved them but I suppose we can make educated guesses as to what he would have done.

The positioning is bad for the first goal but Amartey gets 99% of the blame for that. If he doesn't give away the ball, Iversen's position doesn't come in to question. If you watch Soumare's position as well, he carries on running before Dolan gets the ball and doesn't even try and turn around lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Stowell was close to Kasper but in all the years he's been here how much did he improve our keepers? Kasper never seemed to improve on his weaknesses, and we have seen what's happening with Ward, its long past time he was sacked and someone better hired to what is a crucial coaching position

It's high time Stowell was removed. His pre-match warm up is stale and unimaginative. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I've not watched the game back (I'd be a fvcking sadist if I did lol), but how good were the saves in the 2nd half when we were facing the onslaught? I remember they were through on goal and he saved one quite well and it went out for a corner.

And the save in the first half when Dolan (?) had the freedom of Leicester to pick his spot but Iversen spread his body well to save it.

We'll never know if Ward would have saved them but I suppose we can make educated guesses as to what he would have done.

The positioning is bad for the first goal but Amartey gets 99% of the blame for that. If he doesn't give away the ball, Iversen's position doesn't come in to question. If you watch Soumare's position as well, he carries on running before Dolan gets the ball and doesn't even try and turn around lol 

It was strange to see a goalkeeper of ours save a shot he wasn’t necessarily expected to. Sad state of affairs 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Iversen has the posture and manner of a goalkeeper whereas Ward comes across really casual almost as if he has just been picked out of the crowd and asked to have a go at playing in goal lol

Iversen would be my number 1 going forwards. He made some brilliant saves only to let himself down for their first when he failed to get back into position in time. 

Although you could argue that he was creating an angle for Amartey to receive a passback and probably never imagined that Amartey would attempt the pass that he did. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

It's high time Stowell was removed. His pre-match warm up is stale and unimaginative. 

You mean you dont like the corner flag game? Surprised its not found its way to the latest Fifa game.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It was strange to see a goalkeeper of ours save a shot he wasn’t necessarily expected to. Sad state of affairs 

Sad indeed! Having watched Ward all season, I can no longer distinguish between an extraordinary save and a save that a Premier League-class goalkeeper would make.

This just highlights how fortunate we were to have Kasper for all these years.

• Like 1

Hi all.

Disclaimer: I’m from Denmark and only interested in how Danish players perform, so just ignore if you find my posting here annoying - I promise I’ll keep away after this 😊

I’m curious though, it seems a lot of you was very critical to KS even when he was at his best. Now you have Iversen who admittedly has not yet proven himself in PL, but outshone his colleagues in Championship, and still quite a lot in here seem certain he isn’t good enough. If I’m correct he has only played a few friendlies and a cup game or two. I agree that he needs to improve his distribution but many goalies have done that quickly with intense training - though he will never become the new Neuer or Emerson less should suffice, I’d sat.

Shouldn’t he be given the chance to prove himself with a run of PL games like you’d usually give players - especially young goalkeepers? 

I'm not convinced by him after Tuesday night, but find it interesting that Rodgers said he was MOTM. With the obvious concerns over Ward (I do think some fans are overly critical, but he's not great), will he back up that comment by making the switch for a league game?

24 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

Hi all.

Disclaimer: I’m from Denmark and only interested in how Danish players perform, so just ignore if you find my posting here annoying - I promise I’ll keep away after this 😊

I’m curious though, it seems a lot of you was very critical to KS even when he was at his best. Now you have Iversen who admittedly has not yet proven himself in PL, but outshone his colleagues in Championship, and still quite a lot in here seem certain he isn’t good enough. If I’m correct he has only played a few friendlies and a cup game or two. I agree that he needs to improve his distribution but many goalies have done that quickly with intense training - though he will never become the new Neuer or Emerson less should suffice, I’d sat.

Shouldn’t he be given the chance to prove himself with a run of PL games like you’d usually give players - especially young goalkeepers? 

Probably best to avoid the Vestergaard threads then 

• Haha 2

Blackburn should’ve scored after his suicide pass into Soumare in the second half too.

Realistically not the answer to our problems, but an interesting debate as to whether he should have the remainder of the season over Ward. The saves he made give me confidence that he would be slight improvement, but that’s not saying much.

15 hours ago, Pliskin said:

If Ward was playing it would have been 1-4, he would have dived over every shot. 

It would have been anyway if Blackburn could finish. There were a couple times Iversen played terrible balls to players that had men on them, but thankfully only one led to a goal and that was when Samoure lost it.