Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

10 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Definitely is, would suggest you look at how Burnley played last year.

Met some Burnley fans on a stag this weekend and they really think they are the next big thing, and are going to run riot in the Prem with Kompany at the helm. Tinpot club and that ten in a row song they were singing in the bar is still ringing in my ears unfortunately 

• 1 month later...

On the basis of todays game - the fact that he got the second half (and Ward didn't ), his performance, his decent distribution and Maresca's reaction (making a big effort to talk to him at the end) - I'd say he's staying this season.  Possibly as Number 2, possibly as competition for his fellow Dane (from what Matt Elliott said, it sounds like MH is coming), but with us for a bit longer ? 

Edited by Outfox the Fox

I would want to keep Iversen for a minimum 6 months. Hermansen sounds positive, but equally he might not adapt to the English football. I would worry about our promotion chances if we then had to rely on Ward because we sold Iversen. 

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 2

On 29/05/2023 at 22:31, Tommy G said:

Met some Burnley fans on a stag this weekend and they really think they are the next big thing, and are going to run riot in the Prem with Kompany at the helm. Tinpot club and that ten in a row song they were singing in the bar is still ringing in my ears unfortunately 

Sound like a positive bunch who enjoyed watching their team last season and have a bit of positivity into this season. I appreciate it must have been annoying, but lets face it, they completely  bossed the Championship last season playing some superb football at times. I say good for them.

Maybe we should avoid being a "cry me a river" and accept other "tinpot" teams can actually have their day?  

In other news, I don't think we can judge Iverson on the second half performance today against an enthusiastic team who were chasing the ball for most of the game.

Lets see how things develop with more challenging tests to come.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scinnell said:

I would want to keep Iversen for a minimum 6 months. Hermansen sounds positive, but equally he might not adapt to the English football. I would worry about our promotion chances if we then had to rely on Ward because we sold Iversen. 

I think Iversen will pursue a transfer now, I wouldn’t blame him for that either.

In regards to Ward, there hasn’t even been a vague rumour linking him to any club so I think unfortunately he will stay.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

I think Iversen will pursue a transfer now, I wouldn’t blame him for that either.

In regards to Ward, there hasn’t even been a vague rumour linking him to any club so I think unfortunately he will stay.

if he's not first choice we should be looking to sell now, at his age he needs first team football and there will be championship teams that will buy him, maybe even Brondby will want him

• Like 1