Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Probably best to avoid the Vestergaard threads then 

Too late 😂

I do understand the stick he gets, though. He’s quite an enigma - so frustrating in our NT as well, can be very good especially on the ball, but has too many costly blunders. 

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It would have been anyway if Blackburn could finish. There were a couple times Iversen played terrible balls to players that had men on them, but thankfully only one led to a goal and that was when Samoure lost it.

Neither of the goals came from an Iversen pass?

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It would have been anyway if Blackburn could finish. There were a couple times Iversen played terrible balls to players that had men on them, but thankfully only one led to a goal and that was when Samoure lost it.

The one where he passed to Soumare was put over the bar, but he did put us in trouble a few times with bad kicks or poor choices of passing that should have lead to goals.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Neither of the goals came from an Iversen pass?

23 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The one where he passed to Soumare was put over the bar, but he did put us in trouble a few times with bad kicks or poor choices of passing that should have lead to goals.

Sorry yeah mant the one that they blazed over. He did put us in trouble alot, I saw no difference between him and Ward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

I like Iversen, but he isn't a goalkeeper for a team that wants to play out from the back yet. Distribution is nowhere near Wards. Shop stopping is miles ahead though. 

Well seeing as we're terrible playing out from the back at the moment, and can't seem to stop goals flying in...that all adds up to Iversen being the perfect solution! 😅

• Like 2

I’d play Iversen against Southampton and get the team to rely less on the pass back to the keeper. It’s not worked well for us this season with Ward anyway. Let’s get the keeper to play it short, kick it long or throw it like Pope and get the outfield players with better footballing ability to take responsibility for ball progression. We’ve not got a good sweeper keeper even if most of us accept that Ward’s kicking is superior to Iversen’s -  Ward is still no Ederson or Ramsdale anyway. The key for me is Iversen is a much better shot stopper. Yes he made a mistake with his positioning for Blackburn’s first but having barely played with Amartey he probably didn’t quite appreciate how an international footballer could somehow make decisions like Danny did with that appalling pass on Tuesday.

The fact is we’ll only know for sure is Iversen gets a run of games like Ward has had. We’ve seen enough of Ward to know that he’s strictly a regulation save keeper only and that he hasn’t got the trust of his central defence. In saying that I fully expect Ward to start today. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

Brendan probably had todays starting team penciled in before the Blackburn match and I doubt other than injuries or a starring 10/10 performance he would have changed his mind, captain flappy will be back in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

I’d play Iversen against Southampton and get the team to rely less on the pass back to the keeper. It’s not worked well for us this season with Ward anyway. Let’s get the keeper to play it short, kick it long or throw it like Pope and get the outfield players with better footballing ability to take responsibility for ball progression. We’ve not got a good sweeper keeper even if most of us accept that Ward’s kicking is superior to Iversen’s -  Ward is still no Ederson or Ramsdale anyway. The key for me is Iversen is a much better shot stopper. Yes he made a mistake with his positioning for Blackburn’s first but having barely played with Amartey he probably didn’t quite appreciate how an international footballer could somehow make decisions like Danny did with that appalling pass on Tuesday.

The fact is we’ll only know for sure is Iversen gets a run of games like Ward has had. We’ve seen enough of Ward to know that he’s strictly a regulation save keeper only and that he hasn’t got the trust of his central defence. In saying that I fully expect Ward to start today. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Everything what you've written makes sense, and that's why I'm certain that Rodgers won't be playing Iversen today.

On 02/03/2023 at 18:04, sdb said:

He looked prone to errors to me the other night, but I guess he's not up to speed yet, and he made some good saves. I'd give him the nod. No one seems secure when Ward is playing.

My lad turned to me and said exactly what I was thinking with one of their shots. That would have been a goal if ward was in goal. 

On 03/03/2023 at 11:22, LVFox said:

I like Iversen, but he isn't a goalkeeper for a team that wants to play out from the back yet. Distribution is nowhere near Wards. Shop stopping is miles ahead though. 

Which is the most important element of being a goalkeeper, much rather have a goalkeeper capable of making top drawer saves over a keeper who can make a few decent passes but is dogshit at keeping the ball out of the net. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Just dont do this to yourself!

the one thing that gives me false hope is that he publicly praised him…. unprompted. 

now it might just be as a way to dig out the team for losing. But usually when he does this… he then gives that player a go. He did the same with mendy not so long  ago where he said he was the only player playing passes properly. 

that’s what i’m clutching to anyway 😆

1 minute ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Why the fu*k aint he playing??? 

Because Wardy is absolutely loved by Rodgers. The boss has even dropped Maddison more than once in his time at the club but Danny will always play irrespective of form unless he gets injured. 

• 2 weeks later...