Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

Iversen’s floor game isn’t great but that encouraged the team to fcuk around with it less at the back. Souttar and Amartey weren’t trying to be too clever and there was much more kicking it long and I had no problem with that. We won quite a bit of second ball in the 2nd half from punts from him. As a keeper he gives off more of an air of confidence than Ward. Rodgers and Iversen should be looking at Pope as a guide to how a non baller keeper can play well in a good footballing side (which Newcastle are when they aren’t shithousing.) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf with Iversen hes got all the tools to be a very good keeper; his passing and distribution can certainly be improved and worked on, which im sure it will

Definitely. As funkyrobot says below:

11 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Iversen’s floor game isn’t great but that encouraged the team to fcuk around with it less at the back. Souttar and Amartey weren’t trying to be too clever and there was much more kicking it long and I had no problem with that. We won quite a bit of second ball in the 2nd half from punts from him. As a keeper he gives off more of an air of confidence than Ward. Rodgers and Iversen should be looking at Pope as a guide to how a non baller keeper can play well in a good footballing side (which Newcastle are when they aren’t shithousing.) 

100% this. Of course it'd be ideal if he could smash it long with accuracy or play a bit more with his feet but it shows you just how overrated the idea of passing out from the back is (unless you can perfect it)

Just now, moore_94 said:

Rodgers said Iversen is going to get a run of games now

Literally just heard that on RL about 15 seconds ago lol

You type faster than most people think!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers said Iversen is going to get a run of games now

This will help tremendously..a draw away from home.
Hold their consistent attacks & created our own dangerous moments

I found nothing negative with Iversen…Why

because I don’t over analyse…

We got this draw because we had no flapper between the posts.

Plus their goal was a billiard shot with 2 cannons unlucky..

but this time we responded, Daka got into 3-4 good positions,plus Barnes,Maddison and Tete got of some decent shots.

Some criticise KDH but he gets around mixes it,and he too had near misses…

Ndidi another step in finding form…

This ain’t time to throw around every negative hasthough the world is collapsing.

A struggling Team finding bite and suprise …application.

We go into the break,with something,but weekend isn’t yet over…

An enjoyable game…

• Like 3

Wasn't Really tested much so it's hard to judge.

Seemed fairly quick off his line a couple of times which is a welcome change and can't really be blamed for their goal with the deflection. Anyone saving that does so by pure luck.

I think the defence seemed more organised too which could be because they felt more confident without Ward.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Wasn't Really tested much so it's hard to judge.

Seemed fairly quick off his line a couple of times which is a welcome change and can't really be blamed for their goal with the deflection. Anyone saving that does so by pure luck.

I think the defence seemed more organised too which could be because they felt more confident without Ward.

The defence felt far more assured.

I think this was probably less to do with Iversen though and the fact that Souttar and Amartey played much better today.

Ward’s tenure at the club looks to be over. He won’t come back from this unless Iversen plays really really badly.

Didnt really do alot to be able to judge him but its funny people slagging off his distribution like Danny Wards was any better, bloke regulary found the advertising boards 😂. Goalkeepers are there to save shots first and foremost, id put my house on Iversen saving more shots then Ward in a head to head

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Didnt really do alot to be able to judge him but its funny people slagging off his distribution like Danny Wards was any better, bloke regulary found the advertising boards 😂. Goalkeepers are there to save shots first and foremost, id put my house on Iversen saving more shots then Ward in a head to head

tbf tho KS distribution at times was iffy too

Just now, Claridge said:

Better than ward, but he doesn’t look great, seems nervy on the ball and dropped a routine catch, that luckily there was no one near him

Agreed, although my dad after 5 pints is also better than Ward so it isn't really saying much.