Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trev3939

Daniel Iversen

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Didn’t have a lot to do because we actually defended rather well. Maybe unlucky on the goal after the deflection, got wrong footed by it. 

Took two deflections. First on Ricardo which is heading straight to Iversen, the second on KDH which diverts it away from him. A bit unlucky really. Can't judge him on today, he didn't have much to do really, and although I'm not sure he is the answer in the long term, at least he deserves a chance, which he should have had much earlier in the season.

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

A keeper that looks like a keeper.

Don't underestimate the power of that. 

Subconsciously, seeing a pub keeper like Ward an opponent may think, I'll have a pop. Even if i scuff it it has half a chance...

Versus seeing a 6ft 5 athlete in front of him (regardless of his ability) and thinking, I better aim for the far post just to make sure. 

As so wine else says, this is 20-24 games too late. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

He gave Danny Ward every possible opportunity and because he was loyal !! But Leicester’s chances just have to suffer ?? It’s incredible the absolute shit show of leadership we have. 

Loyalty that could cost hundreds of millions of quid. It's quite staggering management. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Absolute fckin joke.

“I spoke to Ward in the week, he took it well"

Took it well? He's probably gone home and thrown a party fit for a king, complete with balloons spelling out his own name.

Ward is like a 5-time lottery winner having been able to sit on his arse his whole career and watch EPL games from a front row seat, while cashing in.

I imagine this season has been as much of a nightmare for him as it has been for us fans.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

You couldn't make it up. He's about 20 games and 6 months too late coming to this conclusion. Get him out. 

Unless Iversen has been absolute dogshit in training, it's pretty much unexplainable... He's taking the piss tbh.

• Like 2

This decision smacks of Rodgers trying to keep himself in a job. Didn't make the right call earlier in the season, was too busy doubling down on insisting he was right when he said Ward was like a No 1 last season, but now the pressure is on, Rodgers throws Ward under the bus and turns to Iversen in a desperate bid to save himself. SHows he's really only looking at his own reputation, rather than making the right calls to get the team to win games. This should have been tried months ago, but pragamitism and getting results has been avoided in favour of a dogmatic insistence on self indulgant aimless possesion in our own half serving no useful purpose other than endangering our own goal when we cock it up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nathan. said:

A loyal no.2?

Some of the shit he says boils my piss.

Some of?!?

My piss has been turning pasta Al dente in minutes for about 18 months now!!! 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 1